• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who are you least likely to get along with?

People who try to push their way of thinking or believing onto me expecting me to change to fit
their beliefs.
Those who are very close minded and can't at least admit just about anything is possible
since we don't really know much of anything when it comes to the big picture of the how's and why's
of existence, time, space, and the Universe or multi dimensions.

Yeah, same here.

Honestly, I've learned to not even MENTION my thoughts on stuff like that most of the time. It leads only to idiocy.

And indeed, on the rare occasion I do say something like that, the people that respond back at me definitely do not grasp all the possibilities. Such as the possibility of me throwing my fountain drink at them.

Very domineering, outgoing people who try to control me. People who boss me around, like my older sister when we were growing up: we didn't get on at all. Other kinds of people I might not have much in common with, but I can tolerate them; bossy people I can't tolerate and I'm very likely to come into conflict with. Also, people who try to impose their ideology or stereotypical ideas on me.

I don't like people who enjoy being deliberately nasty or manipulative to others, and I struggle to hide my contempt - which then makes me a target. It doesn't always work out so well

I struggle to hide my contempt - which then makes me a target. It doesn't always work out so well
In those times, I go passive-aggressive. I have no use for PA, otherwise, except as a defensive strategy.

It is very effective when someone is "gaslighting" you, too.

Everyone and anyone under the right circumstances. There are moments where I absolutely cannot stand people period, regardless of what.

I don't need a reason or excuse, just a break to help me recuperate and get back my lost energy.

For me rules and boundaries have meaning. Rules provide structure, stability and consistency. The people I'm least likely to get along with are liberal or artistic people who see the world as fluid and feel that fewer rules are better. For me, this is disturbing because I'm unable to follow the concept of everyone doing things differently. I simply cannot connect with these people.
I’m least likely to get along with those who have poor personal boundaries.

People who enjoy making me physically flinch and/or freak out. I can be somewhat particular about who I let into my personal space. Unfortunately, sometimes people intentionally without warning act like they are going to hurt me and then find it amusing when I take a defensive stance. They might add "Relax, you know I wouldn't actually hurt you", and they may even act offended because "I don't trust them".

This isn't about the person in question. Even if I know that they aren't going to hurt me, I have been hurt that way before by others and it's instinct at this point to react defensively. I shouldn't be judged for covering my face if you lift your hand and act like you're about to punch me. Don't joke about that.

I can't really describe it in exact words, but I cannot for the life of me get along with overly extroverted people. Not referring to extroverted people in general, as extroverts are good for the most part. I'm referring to people with the really "in your face" type way of communicating. I mainly prefer more laid back communication rather than ones that seem more aggressive.

I don’t like loud people, hyperactive people and people that try to boss me around or talk down to me.

I get along better with people who aren't so rigid and can think outside of the box. To me, just because a rule is in place doesn't make it right. If we didn't bend the rules, we wouldn't be so far advanced in human civilization.

It's hard to answer that. Ironically, I find it hard to get along with

a. People who insist on the absolute character of their opinion. For example: "THIS is how normal people dress, if someone dresses like THAT s/he's crazy", "THAT is NOT art, people who like that must be mentally ill", "THIS is how people must be", etc. You get the idea...

b. People who insist on the relativity of all thought and opinions. For example: "The belief that The Divine Comedy is a better book than The Fault in Our Stars is just an opinion that reflects the particular taste of that individual, it is just the same if a person believes the latter is a masterpiece while the former a disaster".
The relativity of aesthetics and ethics is particularly disagreeable to me.

Is it on or in? I can't tell

In the final analysis I'm unable to answer such a thing. Often being mindful of the saying, "familiarity breeds contempt". In my social orbit, the most potentially difficult people I must deal with are the ones most routine to me socially speaking.

My bad. :oops: Their bad. :confused:

As autistic people, who are we to be intolerant in a world that more often than not is so intolerant of us?

Last edited:
It's hard to answer that. Ironically, I find it hard to get along with

a. People who insist on the absolute character of their opinion. For example: "THIS is how normal people dress, if someone dresses like THAT s/he's crazy", "THAT is NOT art, people who like that must be mentally ill", "THIS is how people must be", etc. You get the idea...

b. People who insist on the relativity of all thought and opinions. For example: "The belief that The Divine Comedy is a better book than The Fault in Our Stars is just an opinion that reflects the particular taste of that individual, it is just the same if a person believes the latter is a masterpiece while the former a disaster".
The relativity of aesthetics and ethics is particularly disagreeable to me.

Is it on or in? I can't tell

afaik, on is correct.

New Threads

Top Bottom