• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who are you least likely to get along with?

For me rules and boundaries have meaning. Rules provide structure, stability and consistency. The people I'm least likely to get along with are liberal or artistic people who see the world as fluid and feel that fewer rules are better. For me, this is disturbing because I'm unable to follow the concept of everyone doing things differently. I simply cannot connect with these people.

While I'm like you in that I cannot get along with those kinds of people, I've also found I cannot get along with fundamentalists, or people who make gray issues into black/white. I consider myself a moderate conservative. I like logical consistency, but with some room for abstraction and mystery. Religiously, on the conservative end, this would be more like the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, rather than IFB, CREC, Vision Forum, or the Gothardites. Politically, it's more like the Solidarity party, or libertarianism, rather than Calvinist postmillennialism or anything the modern evangelicals have been putting out since the 1980s.

..., and class clown types who crack jokes constantly and think they're the most hilarious thing ever.
Uh oh...
full

I have a hard time getting along with extraverts and people that make rules, always plan, and are busy bodies. I value them and how they're made, but if something is going to irritate me, it's the extraverts that feel hyper and invasive to me.

I'm not likely to get along with people who aren't able to be flexible in things from time to time. There's a time and a place to be rigid with rules, but there are times when you have to let your hair down a little and have some fun.

Those ones who come right up to you, are sizing you up, then espouse their reason why you should do this or say this and then just expect you to jump because their word is the stone tablets at the temple today.

The far right and the far left. They should get a room, make love already and leave me out of their scenes.

I also despise child abusers passionately, good thing I don’t tend to run into those kinds of people very often.

Munchies are another group that tend to irritate me.

ppl that don't respect me as I am and "normies" of all kind. I don't have anything against not being a weirdo, I just know that if someone acts like "normal" person, we just won't be good friends.

New Threads

Top Bottom