• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who are you least likely to get along with?

Fade2black

For me rules and boundaries have meaning. Rules provide structure, stability and consistency. The people I'm least likely to get along with are liberal or artistic people who see the world as fluid and feel that fewer rules are better. For me, this is disturbing because I'm unable to follow the concept of everyone doing things differently. I simply cannot connect with these people.

People who don't respect my stated boundaries.

Core values are very important to me so if they seem very disrooted from legal things, I don't trust their judgment. Reality rooting is very important to me too, sadly there are many who don't entirely fit the category I look up to, it's beliefs that are disconnected pretty highly from facts and at that point anything may be real, like dragons exist. Imo, we gotta look a lot at what we can identify to shape our other beliefs, someone who denies the world is on a very off path to me. Earth is flat? You don't say.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm more likely not to get along with people who hold very rigid views and who don't see people as individuals or who can't comprehend that someone can have a different perspective and world view to them. This is because I am weird. The more freedom other people who are other kinds of weird have, the more acceptance and freedom I have.

I can't stand when people make blanket statements. Life is so much more complex than that. People who use platitudes and who post positive quotes also annoy me. I overthink things and see more depth than the average person. It is both a blessing and a curse.

People who can't rationalize logically. Not that I dislike them, but more likely they will not like me when I tell them why their reasoning is incorrect. ;)
People I will actively dislike are people that have poor sense of honesty, honor, and loyalty.

Political minded people who talk about nothing else. People who see sports as the only thing in life worth knowing about. People who complain about everything all the time.

Well thinking about how we all have varying personalities and different upbringings and cultures and life experiences etc etc, I anticipate a wide variety of answers to this question. I am INTP on the Myers Briggs indicator, and I do not especially value rules and boundaries.

It's still a hard question to answer, as I think an effect of my high autistic traits or Aspergers is that I find unstructured social interaction difficult, it doesn't matter who with, on the whole, although pleasant, kind, secure and slightly bossy people tend to enable me better.

So, I am unlikely to actually form effective relationships with anyone, really, as usually the conditions are not available that would enable me to do so. However, in for example, a work environment, or a structured social environment, I would get on best with people who are broadminded, value driven, kind, and have good senses of humour. I would get on least well with people who are superficial, judgemental, unkind or selfish, or who lack a sense of humour .

I get along great with the rug and the four walls, l tolerate all their views, and they have the decency to stay silent.

Political minded people who talk about nothing else. People who see sports as the only thing in life worth knowing about. People who complain about everything all the time.

Completely agree.

Doesnt help that alot of my immediate family are VERY political. Like, really freaking into it, despite that it causes nothing but trouble for them (and of course, they dont see that.... sigh). My mom and stepfather in particular. As a result, while I try to visit them often, I usually dont last more than 10 or 15 minutes before I have to get out of there, despite the 20 minute drive it takes to get over there.

As such, I've developed an utter loathing for politics in general, and absolutely refuse to take part in it in any form whatsoever. Just... just no. Most people around me have learned the hard way to not even mention that crap in my presence.

Other than that, I dont deal well with anyone or anything that has rigid schedules.

I am chaotic by nature. I do what I want, when I want, and it's always possible that I might space out and get confused halfway through and then go do something else or whatever. I'm about as structured and organized as a tornado. It can definitely cause friction with quite a few people. Heck, even my sleep schedule has no, well, schedule to it. It sorta rotates, just... because.

Also cant stand people that tend to just mindlessly follow whatever society tells them to. Freaking think for yourselves! Ugh.

Since I like being around people who talk a lot (if I have to be around people) because the more the other person talks, the less I have to. So I kind of have a hard time being around someone else who is real quiet.

Also don't get a long with someone who tries to belittle everyone.

People who can't rationalize logically. Not that I dislike them, but more likely they will not like me when I tell them why their reasoning is incorrect. ;)
People I will actively dislike are people that have poor sense of honesty, honor, and loyalty.

Ironically, the most irrational people I've encountered insist that they are rational and that anyone who disagrees with them is not. Not saying that's you. It's just a pet peeve of mine. It never occurs to most people that they (we) may actually be wrong. I catch myself doing this, and I really try to open my mind, swallow my pride (and arrogance), identify whether or not I have an emotional attachment to my point of view (or an emotional attachment to always being right), and attempt to understand where the other person is coming from.

For me rules and boundaries have meaning. Rules provide structure, stability and consistency. The people I'm least likely to get along with are liberal or artistic people who see the world as fluid and feel that fewer rules are better. For me, this is disturbing because I'm unable to follow the concept of everyone doing things differently. I simply cannot connect with these people.

I am least likely to get along with a manipulative narcissist who can not be trusted in anything they say or do.

Who are you least likely to get along with?
Shallow people.
The people I'm least likely to get along with are liberal or artistic people who see the world as fluid and feel that fewer rules are better.
Rules, when valid, are just parameters. Sports, board games and Legos all have them and there is still plenty of room to be creative. (That is one of the things that I like about computer programming.)

I find unnecessary/excessive rules to be oppressive, though.

People who try to push their way of thinking or believing onto me expecting me to change to fit
their beliefs.
Those who are very close minded and can't at least admit just about anything is possible
since we don't really know much of anything when it comes to the big picture of the how's and why's
of existence, time, space, and the Universe or multi dimensions.

Also I don't tolerate being around those who constantly put others down, call them names,
and can't talk without every other word being some cuss word.
Those who try to control me that I personally know. Narcissistic types.

I like the way Misery put it:
Also cant stand people that tend to just mindlessly follow whatever society tells them to. Freaking think for yourselves! Ugh.

New Threads

Top Bottom