• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which Insects Do You Like/Hate ??

I really love ladybugs and butterflies. I also love walking sticks and caterpillars. Don’t know why but I love earthworms too. I remember when I was a kid I would always love to pick them up and place them on the ground.

As a kid lightning bugs (fireflies) always fascinated me. However after leaving Virginia I don't recall seeing them on the west coast.

Butterflies are the best. I love all of the different colours and patterns they can have. And they don't do anything bad or try to sneak into your home.

Grasshoppers! I love their name, too.

1681751995660.jpeg

I love millipedes so much, they're my absolute favorite arthropod. They're so cute and friendly and they've been around for a long time too. The earliest known animal to have lived on land is Phneumodesmus newmani, a millipede species dated to around 414 million years ago and an extinct genus of millipede known as Arthropleura that lived from around 345 to 290 million years ago contain some of the largest known land invertebrates in history, with one species estimated to having grown to lengths over slightly over 8 feet.

Whenever I go out for walks and I see a millipede, I will literally stop to take photos and videos of it because I love them so much and want to show other people the millipede I just found. I will save millipedes I find in my house by letting them crawl onto my hand so I can take them outside. I will legitimately get sad and start to cry whenever I hear a crunch underneath my feet and see that I've accidentally stepped on a millipede.

One of these days, I'd seriously love to have an Archispirostreptus gigas (giant African millipede) as a pet because they're the largest living species of millipede (they grow up to slightly over 13 inches long) but the problem is that while it's totally legal own A. gigas (or any other millipede species as a pet), importation of the species is illegal because of agricultural damage caused by mites they carry. You can still get them since the ban is only importing the species and there are people based in the US who breed them and that's perfectly OK, but $100 for a millipede sure is steep, even if they can live for 10 years.

I mean just look at this cutie:
Archispirostreptus-Gigas-Amphitheatre.jpg

I also really like ensign wasps too. They might seem scary because of the 'wasp' thing but they're totally harmless! They don't sting and they're actually beneficial because the females lay their eggs in cockroach egg cases and the larva eat the cockroach eggs. And when they're adults, they just eat nectar. Totally harmless and nice, just like with millipedes I take them outside when I see them in my house.

Also I know they're not insects, or even arthropods at all, but I also love slugs and snails. They're so cute, even if I have eaten snail before (but they're not the only animal I find cute that I've also eaten), and slimy. Haven't seen any in a good while here but I still love them.

Insects I hate?

I. HATE. COCKROACHES. Like genuinely, it's not just hatred, I am actually terrified of roaches. They're so creepy and scary to me, I will scream when I see one and if there's one crawling around near me, I will be screaming and jumping to avoid it crawling on my feet. I basically can't bring myself to squish them either because of how scared I am of them (I also don't wear shoes indoors and YEAH I very much do not want to have cockroach guts all over my feet, I'd probably have to saw my own foot off if that were to happen). And when I have to squish them and can't avoid it, I will do my darndest to avoid touching it or even feeling it at all. Like I will smash it with a show and then get multiple napkins to clean up the squished roach remains.

Centipedes. Not something I want to come into contact with indoors or outdoors.

New Threads

Top Bottom