• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which generation are you?

Which generation are you?

• Total voters
Actually yes there is a war: The Cold War and also Iraq

The song was from a 1985 album long before the Iraq war. I see your point on the "Cold War", but Paul Westerberg, the songwriter who penned the lyrics must not have thought of it that way.

I'm curious which generation everyone is in? I'm Generation Z.
iCloud
photos

0NEoY6hEw6vWt_qO_zA93v7Gg
For a minute I thought there was a generation iCloud

Late boomers aren't actually categorised, you'll get lumped in with them, but I never had their priveleges.
Yes, there was a lot of support available for us boomers (except for ASD), and the reason I advocate for generations following mine, especially for student loan relief when the manipulative of my generation (particularly the PMC) oversold higher education at a time they let MBAs run wild to increase the cost of everything while destroying the jobs that would allow the loans to be repaid in a timely manner.

The cost to us, particularly for people like me, was a competitiveness that left me feeling constantly judged. There are privelages that I would have given up for acceptance and connection. The sexual revolution swept past me leaving me to hate myself and feeling isolated, damaged, and unwanted.

Last edited:
I do remember an era prior to to smart phones and our modern computers, I realize that people who are 20 years old right now don't remember anything but that...
There are those of us who are pre-space, and my spouse was born 14 days before Yeager broke the sound barrier in the Bell X1.

Last edited:
I was born in the last two years of the 'Baby Boomer Generation' 1963. Yet, I feel the year I was born feels like some strange zone between 'The Baby Boomers' and 'Generation X' - a generation which doesn't seem to even have a formal generation named time-period.

Baby boomers are from 1945 to 1965I was born 1955 January about as close to smack in the middle as you can get.
my sons are millennials.

Last edited:
I had to google this, if I understood it right I belong to Generation X. I'm guessing the X stands for "x-cellent". ;)

Essentially I am a millennial but I often feel like Generation Y. I am not too far from that.
I do not see at all how I relate to Gen Z.
One if the biggest problems of my life is not being about to relate to Gen Z at all but having to fit in this digital age. Because I hate many Gen Z things and attitudes and ny niece is that as well who I love.
But it is just the generation that we're born into that ruined everyone else's life including mine because things were better before.
I did my best

Here in Australia it is different
Baby boomers are to be respected because they went to war, faced poverty and worked hard and provided for their families.
Everything here pretty much respects anzacs and war veterans even young people usually.
That is one big redeeming feature of our country is that people will respect and honour those that died for us.
It is not that way in USA, I have seem many older people who seem adrift and are not easy to respect like older Australians. USA is a screwed country they just do not seem to do anything but be unwell and negative and not love themselves for some people.
It may seem rude but their country has some big issues.

About 20% of the leading-edge baby boomers rock stars other celebrities will be dead in the next few years as they turn eighty. Seeing it already.

I am a gen X. Had to look it up coz I've always been confused about whether it was Y or X. I have 4 millennial kids or is it gen Y? And 3 gen Z kids.Their dad was a boomer. And I have 2 Alpha gen grandkids.
I grew up in Australia in the free love and lots of hair milieu. Not a great environment for a spectrumite. I do love a lot of hippy things though. I love nature and natural and wholistic medicine and peace&acceptance and being eclectic and festivals.
I grew up listening to overly idealistic and ungrounded hairy people talk about how they would improve the world while toking on spliffs.
Of course I grew up to be very idealistic myself.
I used to have dreadlocks and be vegetarian and sing in a reggae band.

Gen is pissed at the Boomers when the older boomers were making music protesting the us in the middle the majority were just trying to get through public and high school, they get the credit for the great music we get the blame for what they did socially. I never smoked grass grade 2 when the Beatles came out.

New Threads

Top Bottom