• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which generation are you?

Which generation are you?

• Total voters

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
I'm curious which generation everyone is in? I'm Generation Z.
iCloud
photos

0NEoY6hEw6vWt_qO_zA93v7Gg

I remember seeing Jimmy Carter in the paper, and Ronald Reagan on TV. There were no atm machines or speed bumps, all the automobiles had a small triangular window, called a "windwing", and home computers were a thing of fantasy. Striped shirts were popular, hearing aids had a separate battery, there were payphones everywhere, and gasoline was well under a dollar a gallon. Nurses wore plain white dresses with a hat, a Cape at times and a special decorative pin on the lapel

I remember seeing Jimmy Carter in the paper, and Ronald Reagan on TV. There were no atm machines or speed bumps, all the automobiles had a small triangular window, called a "windwing", and home computers were a thing of fantasy. Striped shirts were popular, hearing aids had a separate battery, there were payphones everywhere, and gasoline was well under a dollar a gallon. Nurses wore plain white dresses with a hat, a Cape at times and a special decorative pin on the lapel

"windwing": I haven't heard that word in decades. You just brought back my childhood. Thanks Skittles!

Honestly I have no idea what any of those even are.

I was born in '81. Grew up with ancient video games like the 2600 and NES, and watched the loopy sorts of shows that were on TV at that time.

Even as foggy as my memory is, I still recall that the 80s really were something else.

Chicago was the name of a band that was popular, slow dance songs mainly, they just had the bands name and a number, I remember Chicago 17, it was an actual record, on vinyl. There was another album I had as a kid it was on tape, by the "police" dream of the blue turtle or something like that was Phil Collins in that one? One of the tracks was called " I hope the Russians love their children too"

Generation X. I grew up listening to Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley. They were such wonderful role models.

I checked silent generation but I don't know what it actually is. I'm too late in the baby boom to be considered one, but my older siblings are.

Silence, yes please.

I checked silent generation but I don't know what it actually is. I'm too late in the baby boom to be considered one, but my older siblings are.

Silence, yes please.
were you born after 1964 but before 1979 according to the usa then you are generation x

I'm a late Boomer....

Honestly I have no idea what any of those even are.

I was born in '81. Grew up with ancient video games like the 2600 and NES, and watched the loopy sorts of shows that were on TV at that time.

Even as foggy as my memory is, I still recall that the 80s really were something else.

You're a Millennial . (Generation Y)

i m interested in the silent generation the rest of the terms aren't accurate to me personally
Silent Generation are the children that grew up during WW2, and they are called "silent" because they grew up, got married, got a job, and were model citizens. They didn't rebel too much, other than a few sock hops.

Silent Generation are the children that grew up during WW2, and they are called "silent" because they grew up, got married, got a job, and were model citizens. They didn't rebel too much, other than a few sock hops.

No, this is a convenient categorisation for currently living folks, there's every bit as much variation in older generations as there is in younger, but since most of em are dead, they can't object.

My 'dad' was born around 1914, 'mum' around 1924. In some ways, despite the fact they lived thru 2 world wars and for some, the depression, they were amply rewarded. As they matured, jobs were for life, and they had cheap real estate and generous pension schemes.

Just old as dirt, reckon boomer but on the cusp of it I believe. Most friends were a few years older 1-5, so not sure what that was but they are boomers.

We’re all retiring now, so thank you those that keep our social security going here in America (((XXXO))) :beermug:

Boomer
And here in the states, we called those windows wing vents.
When I was a kid, motor oil was often sold in two gallon metal cans.
That was because all vehicles swilled the stuff.
Most of those engines were lucky to make it past 50,000 miles before they were worn out.
I have a scar on my forehead I got when I was three from getting tossed off the rear package shelf of a 1956 Mercury and busting it on one of them on the rear floor.
Seat belts? Not yet.
Car seats? Yeah right :rolleyes:
Gasoline was incredibly inexpensive back then, which was good because they swilled that stuff too.
I remember seeing gasoline being sold for less than $.25 cents per gallon. Dad used to pull up to the pump and tell the fuel jockey 2 bucks, which basically filled his Chevy Corvair.
Self-serve didn't exist yet, we used full service stations with the pump jockeys that cleaned your windshield and always asked if the oil needed checked. Because all vehicles swilled the stuff :p

Dad had a 1956 Ford pickup with the step wells on each side of the seat.
When we had to go somewhere as a family of 6 in it, my brother and I rode in them :eek:

The only thing that separated us from death in a T-bone hit was a thin doorskin :p
When the weather was better, we rode in the bed.
And lived to tell about it.
Our infant sister was simply held in my Mom's arms on her lap.
Shortly afterwards, there were 7 of us that got squeezed into a 1969 Camaro :D

The computer in the school library in Junior High was an Apple IIe, it required at least some computer programming to even use it... I mostly grew up prior to the home computer becoming commonplace, I do remember one friend who had an early Apple computer (Mac 24?)

I basically grew up in a 1978 Chev Impala station wagon, annual summer vacations with my dad towing a 1970's travel trailer through the mountains, growing up near Banff...

I do remember an era prior to to smart phones and our modern computers, I realize that people who are 20 years old right now don't remember anything but that...

New Threads

Top Bottom