• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does Your Username come from?

Mine is the name of clown character from Comedia del'Arte. As I obsesed with the Renaissance arts and because people often consider myself "ridiculous".

One of the many versions of my real name.
I'm not very creative when I need to find a username...

I have always loved butterflies. for a while i just just Butterfly as my gaming name, eventually i added Lady to make sure in game that people knew i was a girl. Before using Butterfly, i had used various other names that could have been used by both boys and girls because i had been given a hard time for quite a while with a girl name. I finally found a gaming clan that stands up for their members much better then any of the others and don't tolerate members being harassed just because of their sex or the way they play the game.

Mine is the name of the band I am thinking of putting together when I get good enough at playing the electric bass guitar :)

I like it because it is an oxymoron

Benevolent meaning divine/godly/good
Fiend being evil/freak/ghoul/monster etc...

Plus the first three letters of it spell out my first name: Ben

:)

It's a creature from "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making," which I read a while back and fell completely in love with. (I love a good young-adult fantasy novel.) My avatar is one of the illustrations from the book.

Here comes my weird explanation that will probably make no sense at all.

I love Pandora (from Avatar), and when I noticed a movie called Pandorum I was like "oh, whats this", watched the trailer, liked it, so rented and watched it immediately. And while the two things are completely different, it's the word itself I like, also the fact that I watched Pandorum the day before, so I went with that when creating my account.

mine's relatively easy. i've had this identity for years too.

Toliman is:
the name of a star of the alpha centauri constellation, originally named in arabic, because it's not visible in the skyline of the more popular and colourful ancient greek astronomers
it's just under 5 LY away, and could be one of the first places to visit if we ever go extrasolar
in greek, its 'Rigel Kentaurus' means 'The Centaur's Foot',
in chinese, its the Second Star of the Southern Gate,
in arabic, it means the ostriches (though,that's more of a general binary star system), or, the grape vine shoot,
in hebrew, it means recent past and recent future, heretofore and hereafter

it's also
a town in san pablo, mexico, and san lucas, guatemala
a volcano in san lucas guatemala
and some other towns too.

but, mostly, it's just a curious, anomaly of a name that stands out.

even though it gets anulled to toiletman, or toil, toll, tallyman (banana), sic, etc.

My name... I wanted to use a different username on some forums, so I took the first thing that came to my mind... and I believe I had some magic the gathering cards around from the Kamigawa set, which has an asian setting, thus there's Oni... or Japanese demons. But I figured Oni was to short, so I put something in front of it... I mean, what's better than at least to be the ruler of all Oni.

Just after I used the nickname I realized... oh wait... there's a King Oni in videogames... but I don't mind sharing that handle with that unit.

King Oni - EVA Database - Command & Conquer 4, Red Alert 3, Generals 2 and more

Though it does not have any real connection with it. However, coincidentally, the character/model does feature a similar rising sun design like my avatar.

I just picked what was around and what I'd think was fine...

Luckily I wasn't eating cupcakes

I thought your name was magic the gathering inspired king oni :) Kamigawa was the only block I played seriously in. Never got into magic. I loved dual monsters which they cancelled (the mechanics were just more interesting to my mind). I knew most of the top ranked players and judges for the asia pacific region before I moved to australia.

I really have two user names I use online ... Dragonstooth was just a name for a character in world of warcraft I made and when I wanted something different I went with it. It represents my love of dragons and the tooth part is just because it sounds awesome.

I also am known to go by the user name angelflight. This is in fact a reference to the second rat I ever owned who I called angel. She was my best friend in high school. we did everything together. She literally always spent every minute of every day with me. Its my way of remembering her always.

My partner used to call me her poet. So i made my name Poet. But the online community we chatted at, called me Poey.
It stuck.

Mine is also a character of a book. Not that it would've been great of a story and masterly written, but I liked what it represents and how that certain character was portrayed.

I've gone in the past under the names...
emjoi_gently - I was just amused at naming myself after a lady's torture device.
Ougadougou - I loved the name. The capital city of a West African country. Burkina Faso. One day I will go visit it in gratitude.
Karaoke - A Song Sung Badly.
Uncle Leo - when Seinfeld was on. The character I most closely related to.

A timeless dream, daydream, timeless daydreaming. It's a nice place to be. For those who have spaced out big time, you know how strange it feels to snap back into reality. Very much feels like an out of body experience. All happens so fast and snapping back to reality is always something...

I used to go by just "Maverick" back in the day, especially when I was a DJ for HOOAH!!!! Radio, an internet based radio station.

However, as I started to collect swords (got 2 atm, including a replica of Excalibur), and research stuff from the days of the Knights, as well as purchase Knight outfits on IMVU, one of my friends started to call Me "Sir Maverick" and well..it kinda stuck.

I now go by "SamForrester", though on IMVU after one of my two characters I have on a real-time chat site, Red Dragon Inn. (due to certain RP rules if you get killed in RP you have to change your name)

Mostly though, I just go by "Mav" easier, and less formal lol

New Threads

Top Bottom