• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does Your Username come from?

Oh hell... sorry about your hamster.

I didn't read the previous post before I responded to the question. (Foot in mouth syndrome)

I just like soup (very few kinds) & I eat copious amounts of it. Rather unimaginative, compared to the creative & interesting names many others here have chosen, but it IS accurate & relevant to who I am.

I just went with the initials of my name. And put the word explosive behind it because my initials sound similar to TNT! :D So I got a cool nickname! :smiley: lol.

mine is a derivation of nitromethane used in Topfuel dragsters and my model racing engines

gasoline is for washing parts
alcohol is for drinking
nitromethane is for getting work done really quick

I got into Greek mythology as a child, partly because I'm half-Greek. I've always identified with Kassandra from the Trojan War legend. In a nutshell, two different gods were fighting for her allegiance. One blessed her with 'sight', and that she would always speak the truth. The other got jealous and cursed her so that no one would ever believe her.

My (now ex-)husband … who was huge into name-calling … once called me 'a Kassandra'. I calmly asked him why he would say that & he said I was "always spouting doom & gloom". I told him the truth about her, and thanked him. Oddly enough, he never called me that again. Hmmm …

And Mac, because … Apple products are the best around!

I beg to differ with you on rotten apples tho

I beg to differ with you on rotten apples tho

Beg all you want, my opinion is based on my personal & professional experiences with all manner of technology, and the objective assessment of cost/benefit analysis.

:)

Go android or stay at home :p
Their computers rule,their phones do not :p

Nice mantra, but it doesn't change my experience … and I don't give in to peer pressure. But can we let this thread stay on topic? I wasn't looking for a debate, just answering the question. Use whatever you like, I really don't care.

Mine was born out a life long experience of feeling like a square peg (Aspie self) that everyone (NT's) try to make fit into a round hole (their expectations of how one should act, etc).

And now... I'm pretty happy being my square peg self.

Long live the square pegs of this world! :)

I am absolutely obsessed with "Catcher in the Rye". At one point in the book, the protagonist, Holden Caulfield, gives the false name "Rudolph Schmidt", which was the name of his school janitor. After having a conversation using that name, he regrets it because the person he lied to was so nice to him.

Mine comes from Wagner's Die Meistersinger Von Nuernberg. A Meistersinger was normally a German craftsman, such as a baker, miller, cobbler, cooper, etc. that were also part of a music guild in 14th century Germany. They would regularly hold singing competitions to determine who was the best of the best in the guild, according to very specific rules for melody, song form, rhyme, subject matter, etc. The avatar I use is the most famous Meistersinger that lived, Hans Sachs.

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

New Threads

Top Bottom