• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does Your Username come from?

My nickname is Creeping Jesus, probably because I'm a bit of a lurker, but I'm often called CJ for short.

Mine is silly, it relates to one of my autistic "talents", which is mental arithmetic.

I'm a bit rusty on this stuff now, but I was able to multiply any two numbers up to 100 together in my head with no noticeable delay. Numbers up to a thousand took a few seconds. I was also able to divide any number up to 10,000 by any number from 1 to 10 with no noticeable delay, except for the number 7, because of the decimals. Someone accused me of using a trick because I couldn't do 7. So I sat down with a pen and paper and worked out that expressing the remainder as a decimal always used the same sequence of numbers 142857 recurring. What was different was the number that you started with. So 1/7 = 0.142857142857.... And 4/7 = 0.5714285714284..... And 6/7 = 0.8571428571428.....

After that I could do division by 7 with no noticeable delay, and it seemed to impress people. A girl I worked with about 3 or 4 years ago asked if I was autistic when I was a kid when I explained how it worked. At the time I had never heard of HFA, so I answered "o".

Mine comes from my initials J.A.W., and from a special interest in sharks after seeing the movie JAWS, and when I was very young I was nicknamed "Jabber Jaws" because I would annoy people with stories about Batman, Spiderman, and yes, Dinosaurs.

moz-screenshot-1.png

View attachment 265

I like vampires.
Interested in German for a while.
Vampir = German for Vampire
I went through some adjectives and Lieser "silent" lookes the prettiest.
Therefore, Leiservampir :)

I like vampires.
Interested in German for a while.
Vampir = German for Vampire
I went through some adjectives and Lieser "silent" lookes the prettiest.
Therefore, Leiservampir :)

Aaaah, I was correct aswell in my head, I know it had something to do with vampires. :p
Still pretty awesome I guess.

My username is the name of a dragon who was the protagonist of a story I started making up when I was a kid. The dragon was a resident in a world where the only sentient beings were dragons. I picked this username because the character was the kind of scholar I'd like to be, and because I have yet to join any website where it is taken - it's my internet pseudonym.

I think that my username is quite self-explanatory. I've also decided that since I'm starting a new life and turning over a new leaf, as a member of this community, that my username should be something much more tame, than the immature, slightly malicious CockneyRebel of years past, as a member of another forum. I also think that it's a good idea for me to have a username that I won't be outgrowing, any time, soon.

Tora is how my last name is pronounced in Japanese...

Shiroi...Means white...as in my hair.

Literal translation...Shiroi Tora....White Tiger

my username comes from a chinese herb named ginseng, and then transcribed from chinese to taiwanese-style english. hence ruennsheng

My username came from a comment by Billy Connolly, where he said 'I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!'

I thought 'YES!!' and nicked it.

Ooh, if I'd but known there was such a thread, I wouldn't have touched on this in my introduction thread. Ah well. I'm up for round two. I am an avid lover of the Final Fantasy franchise. It is a turn-based (mostly) role playing video game series. All the characters have what is known as a class. Each class has different stats and abilities. White Mages have healing magic, Dark Knights have brutal attacks that cost the caster's own health, and so on. When I read a story, watch a movie, or play a video game, I am always touched by acts of self sacrifice for others. It is for that reason that the Heritor class caught my attention. It is the class with the spell Elpe. It sacrifices the life of the caster to revive and fully heal all allies onn the field. I was very touched by a class that would pay the ultimate price for her friends. For that reason, the Heritor class has always been my favorite. To see more about the class, here is the link from FInal Fantasy wiki: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Heritor.

It's a reference to my birth city, Flin Flon. (All the non-Canadians run to Google. :lol:)

New Threads

Top Bottom