• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When you're OVERTHINKING

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member
I had now changed the thumbnails on my YouTube channel since the video title has been getting lost in my PM5644 test card artwork

To get on with the subject, how often do you overthink? The type of overthinking is when you mentally focus on negativity in life such as bad times that may happen or anything bad that's already happened. It's all about wishing there was like a time machine as seen in "Back To The Future" or the 1960's (Also the 2002) "The Time Machine" when you can just change what's bad that's happened in the past.

That kind of overthinking can be a trigger for anxiety, fear and doubts, always wishing our way out of anything bad that we wish to avoid or what's already happened. This could also be like a canary down the mine shaft for depression. I had previously lost out on a good night's sleep from overthinking since it's like the adrenaline that prevents us from being drowsy and tired until a solution or a closure is made towards our overthinking.

Feel free to share what your thoughts are about Overthinking, what overthinking is to you or even any previous personal experiences that had you overthinking.

Even if you do not intend to watch my YouTube video despite that my channel has gone through some changes.

I overthink things a lot. I was trying to train my brain not to overthink, but I still do. It seems to just be the way my brain is wired.

Often when I hear a rumour of something bad happening that only has the tiniest chance of happening, I start panicking, worrying, and thinking way too much into it before it has even happened if ever.
Even when I try to distract my thoughts on to other things it still doesn't stop the emotion of anxiety hanging over me.

It's like my logical reasoning and my irrational emotions aren't connected and emotions are impossible for me to rationalise with even if I distract myself from the thoughts.

It might be due to not trusting things and feeling a loss of control of my environment that sends me into panic mode. When I say not trusting things, what I mean is I know there are a lot of rich idiots in charge of this world and most of their decisions are centered around money more than convenience or practicality.
Like in my hometown when there were plans to knock down a perfectly good school in a perfectly good area of the town and building the school somewhere else - in the middle of some lovely woods (which will mean cutting all the trees down), also not taking the amount of traffic on the narrow roads into consideration.
Thankfully the townspeople got together and signed numerous petitions to shut the idea down, and it just about worked.
Or like these electric cars that everyone is forced to have in the not too distant future, thinking they're going to save the environment when really they are going to just cause different problems with the environment and these idiotic people won't realise until it's too late.

So sometimes such stupid and bad decisions are made because the people with power have more money than sense, this leading to poor decisions. This is why my brain often automatically goes into "thinking ahead" mode, then the what-ifs start whirring around in my head and I become stuck in this endless loop of panic and worry.

I wish I was my cousin. She worries about nothing, seems bothered by nothing, and is even quite happy to offer her mind to other people to make decisions for her while she just goes on her merry way with her head in the clouds (and she's supposed to be having this spawn thing growing inside her).

This song should be her theme song, as every lyric describes her:-

New Threads

Top Bottom