• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When I slept this afternoon, there was hope in my dreams.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
When I awoke an hour ago, I realized that hope in my sleeping dreams was a fallacy.

Things are going to get a million times worse and things most likely will never get better at this point.

When things were so bad in my life, that I did not want to function, sleep was my salvation, but unfortunately, a bitter sweet sensation, because on waking, reality it again!

When things were so bad in my life, that I did not want to function, sleep was my salvation, but unfortunately, a bitter sweet sensation, because on waking, reality it again!
That is where I am at today. Mary Jane and Captain Morgan were reliable friends to me once, I can now rely on them again. I do not want to feel anything right now.

Hey. We do sometimes need to get thru our lifetime.

No judgements. Only support. If you need to talk about it, we are here too.

Okay, I'm gonna be the unpleasant one here:

This seriously has to stop. You gotta stop doing this... these threads of yours that are just sorta "woe is me" and such. Asking for help is one thing, but... that's not what these have been in many cases. And that's sure as heck not what this one is.

This is the same thing I keep telling others on here: you're stuck in this cycle of telling yourself these dark stories, dark prophesies, or just repeating how you "cant manage X", or repeating to yourself the memory of "this bad thing happened to me". You do this every now and then in your posts here, and it also often shows in just the things you say in general, and... that aint good.

How in the world are you supposed to ever have any victories in your life when you go into each battle with the absolute certainly that you will be defeated? The fight is over before it even starts when you do that. OF COURSE you will lose in that situation... how could you not? OF COURSE things will get darker in that situation... how could it be otherwise?

But also, well... if I've learned one thing in my time, it's that it's utterly pointless and all sorts of stupid to prophesize or predict. Yes, I know everyone has a tendency to do this. It's dumb. Very dumb. That everyone does it doesnt make it less so.

You have no idea what will or wont happen, how things will or wont go... so dont try pretending that you do, as you're only hurting and/or disrespecting yourself by doing so. Drop those thoughts and that nonsense. Dont argue, just do it.

And when you want things to be good? Be good yourself. Be the change you want to see around you. Instead of being this walking cloud of... er... sad rain (okay, that analogy died a horrible death, I'll mourn it later).

Instead of just saying "woe is me" or "things will never get better", well, firstly DONT do those things, and secondly, get the heck up regardless of whether you want to or not, say something positive to yourself even if you arent feeling it at the time, repeat it like a freaking mantra, and go and freaking DO something. Dont feel like it? DO IT ANYWAY.

What's that? You did something and failed at it? Tough. DO IT AGAIN. And again. And again...

There's a phrase I heard somewhere: "A loser is someone who gives up when he fails. A winner is someone who fails until he wins". It's become one of my favorite phrases, because it's true.

I apologize if I'm sounding too harsh here, but dagnabit, this really has to stop or you're just gonna sink into a mire of pointless despair.

And I can offer myself as an example of what I'm talking about here. You may have noticed, I'm literally named "Misery". And I dont pick names just at random... it has many meanings, and is partly a legacy of an earlier time for me, acting as a reminder. With a name like that having such meaning, well... imagine the dark cloud that I myself must have been carrying for so long. If you were to see what I was like back in, say, the 2000s, well.... it's like night and day. Or worse, what I was like back during my school days.... *shudder*

If even I can throw off that cloud and become positive enough to try to spread positivity to others, then so can you.

But stop with this "woe is me" nonsense and MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. No matter how much effort it may take.

Also, no more alcohol. Seriously. I think you know better than that.

There, I'm done. And yes, I'm in one of my intense moods at the moment. It's the caffeine, I think. But maybe that's useful here. Or maybe I'm making a snot of myself, I dont even know, but it's me just being honest and blunt, I guess.

Okay, I'm gonna be the unpleasant one here:

This seriously has to stop. You gotta stop doing this... these threads of yours that are just sorta "woe is me" and such. Asking for help is one thing, but... that's not what these have been in many cases. And that's sure as heck not what this one is.

This is the same thing I keep telling others on here: you're stuck in this cycle of telling yourself these dark stories, dark prophesies, or just repeating how you "cant manage X", or repeating to yourself the memory of "this bad thing happened to me". You do this every now and then in your posts here, and it also often shows in just the things you say in general, and... that aint good.

How in the world are you supposed to ever have any victories in your life when you go into each battle with the absolute certainly that you will be defeated? The fight is over before it even starts when you do that. OF COURSE you will lose in that situation... how could you not? OF COURSE things will get darker in that situation... how could it be otherwise?

But also, well... if I've learned one thing in my time, it's that it's utterly pointless and all sorts of stupid to prophesize or predict. Yes, I know everyone has a tendency to do this. It's dumb. Very dumb. That everyone does it doesnt make it less so.

You have no idea what will or wont happen, how things will or wont go... so dont try pretending that you do, as you're only hurting and/or disrespecting yourself by doing so. Drop those thoughts and that nonsense. Dont argue, just do it.

And when you want things to be good? Be good yourself. Be the change you want to see around you. Instead of being this walking cloud of... er... sad rain (okay, that analogy died a horrible death, I'll mourn it later).

Instead of just saying "woe is me" or "things will never get better", well, firstly DONT do those things, and secondly, get the heck up regardless of whether you want to or not, say something positive to yourself even if you arent feeling it at the time, repeat it like a freaking mantra, and go and freaking DO something. Dont feel like it? DO IT ANYWAY.

What's that? You did something and failed at it? Tough. DO IT AGAIN. And again. And again...

There's a phrase I heard somewhere: "A loser is someone who gives up when he fails. A winner is someone who fails until he wins". It's become one of my favorite phrases, because it's true.

I apologize if I'm sounding too harsh here, but dagnabit, this really has to stop or you're just gonna sink into a mire of pointless despair.

And I can offer myself as an example of what I'm talking about here. You may have noticed, I'm literally named "Misery". And I dont pick names just at random... it has many meanings, and is partly a legacy of an earlier time for me, acting as a reminder. With a name like that having such meaning, well... imagine the dark cloud that I myself must have been carrying for so long. If you were to see what I was like back in, say, the 2000s, well.... it's like night and day. Or worse, what I was like back during my school days.... *shudder*

If even I can throw off that cloud and become positive enough to try to spread positivity to others, then so can you.

But stop with this "woe is me" nonsense and MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. No matter how much effort it may take.

Also, no more alcohol. Seriously. I think you know better than that.

There, I'm done. And yes, I'm in one of my intense moods at the moment. It's the caffeine, I think. But maybe that's useful here. Or maybe I'm making a snot of myself, I dont even know, but it's me just being honest and blunt, I guess.
You are correct, of course. I had a moment of weakness. I was behaving like a worthless loser.

Forget drugs and alcohol. Forget looking for validation. Forget stirring up drama. Those are loser tactics.

I do not know all of the answers yet.

You are correct, of course. I had a moment of weakness. I was behaving like a worthless loser.

Forget drugs and alcohol. Forget looking for validation. Forget stirring up drama. Those are loser tactics.

I do not know all of the answers yet.

Well done, sir. Very well done.

Of course, the challenge is: Can you stick with that?

I think you can, and I hope you think so too.

Well done, sir. Very well done.

Of course, the challenge is: Can you stick with that?

I think you can, and I hope you think so too.
Any talk I speak here about it will most likely be cheap. I need real world action.

Have you considered medication in your struggle with alcohol? There are several medications indicated for alcohol addiction.

And I thought he was dreaming about some beautiful angel. Hope.
(joke)

I think you may take a step backwards sometimes, but you keep coming back and that's important. I have Faith in you @Metalhead.

Faith, Hope and now if we could get Charity in here, we'd have some extra money, too! ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom