• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I never had a papoose board, but, I would think it would feel calming.
Like the heavy leaded apron shield they lay across you for the x-rays.
Yes, like a weighted blanket sensation.

But, frankly, how I handle my dentist is with gloves on! :p

im terrified of dentists last vist went ok i had xrays cleaning with gas and papoose board i need fillings and crowns should i be sedated or get gas and papoose board any options i have autism and special needs

im terrified of dentists last vist went ok i had xrays cleaning with gas and papoose board i need fillings and crowns should i be sedated or get gas and papoose board any options i have autism and special needs

Dentists are on my most hated list too.
I can't advise anything though as I have no idea what you mean really...?

im terrified of dentists last vist went ok i had xrays cleaning with gas and papoose board i need fillings and crowns should i be sedated or get gas and papoose board

Cleaning with gas? Papoose board? What is this? Pardon my ignorance here. No-one gets gassed or sedated these days?

I can understand the need for fillings but not crowns. That's a cosmetic option, not a basic need? Personally, I would go for whatever is necessary & no more.

Looks like crowns can be good overall.
Dental Crown Picture Image on MedicineNet.com

Sedation is something most people do because then they are less likely to feel pain during these proceedings.

Papoose board is probably not as common, but still an option.
Are you one who is likely to move around a lot uncontrollably during your visit whether you sleep or not?

Dentists are on my most hated list too.
I can't advise anything though as I have no idea what you mean really...?

Cleaning with gas? Papoose board? What is this? Pardon my ignorance here. No-one gets gassed or sedated these days?

I can understand the need for fillings but not crowns. That's a cosmetic option, not a basic need? Personally, I would go for whatever is necessary & no more.
im in the usa

i have too get dental fillings on the 8 of april with oral sedation and papoose board any support please i have autism dentists scare me

Will the oral sedation if needed and papoose board help at the dentist I go June 10 I need 5 fillings I have autism im ok with the papoose board its for safety?

Hi Mikie yes I don't think you will feel the fillings if you have oral sedation, and maybe the papoose board stops you wriggling and keeps you nice and safe while the dentist works. It's good to get your fillings done so that your teeth don't decay, that would hurt. All you will feel is some pressure which I find ok.

You wont need to be sedated youll be ok most fillings are painless, at worst they will give you novocane if your gums are sensetive youll be fine, i had a root canal needed befor a filling and was given novocane. My mouth was numb for hours.

I love love going to the dentist when i go to the dentist i ask the people working thare for goodies like pens stickers, toothbrushes exe

full
(I need a filling like I need another hole in my head...)

New Threads

Top Bottom