• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You'll be fine with a diaper, the anesthetic will relax all your muscles and you will pee if you have any in you.

mikie1011
Did they hurt other times you had them?
You have had other procedures, have you not?

Sometimes instead of a diaper, during a surgery,
the person is fitted up with a catheter. I don't
know whether they do that with dental procedures.

Have you asked at the office, asked the people
who will do the work?

The people who do the procedure will know their
routine. Did you ask them?

yes all surgerys hurt when you wake up your drowsy ok i dont know either it being done at a hospital i will ask the hospital

I'm too small for a catheter, and I would decline one because they hurt lie hell coming backnout!

i never want a catheter at all i mean i dont think i will need a diaper during surgery they gave me meds last time too stop my bladder and bowels

I'm too small for a catheter, and I would decline one because they hurt lie hell coming backnout!

Being female I don't know what that is like, for a guy.
I have had procedures that involved catheterization.

It wasn't painful. I didn't appreciate it, and I wouldn't
want one if it wasn't necessary, but it wasn't painful.

I live in France and they are pretty brutal when it comes to medical things and yet, I still received a calming tablet and it does work. To be honest, it is the dread of being under someone else's control and the unknown and being forced to sleep ie not a natural occurance, that always makes me sick to my stomach, but the alternative is worse!

I receive an injection, but that is one area that does not panic me; I am ok with needles and find it all very fascinating.

It is a strange feeling; one moment you are hearing the faint sounds of movement and then next, you are in the recovery room and wonder how you got there.

It does not feel comfortable, by any means, but it is so fast that it is better to just get it over and done with.

Thank goodness for anesthetic. Imagine if you were awake for the whole damn thing, and had to remain absolutely still, with nothing to occupy or distract. I couldn't wait to be put the hell to sleep so my brain could stop driving me bonkers.

A papoose board is a cushioned board with fabric Velcro straps that can be used to help limit a patient's movement and hold them steady during the medical or dental procedure. Sometimes oral, IV or gas sedation such as nitrous oxide will be used to calm the patient prior to or during use. Using a papoose board to temporarily and safely limit movement is often preferable to medical sedation, which presents serious potential risks, including death. As a result, restraint is preferred by some parents as an alternative to sedation, behavior management/anxiety reduction techniques, better pain management or a low risk anxyiolytic such as nitrous oxide. Informed consent from a parent or guardian is usually required before a papoose board can be used

Papoose_NEW.jpg

I have a cat bag that is similar to the papoose
board in Post #2. They come in various sizes,
depending on the weight of the cat.

When I bought the cat bag, I had quite a few
cats under 10 pounds, and a prescription for
a medicine that I had to drip in their noses. It
was easier than injections.

The 2 cats I have now are larger than 10 pounds.

whats your opinion on dentists using papoose boards for kids or special needs at the dentist there even used on adults too in some states how are papoose boards still allowed i mean they may help but they can make a person very scared of the dentist and not want too go i think sedation is better what theirs risks with that so sometime a papoose board may be the only option if you ever seen a papoose board at the dentist you know there very snug and they strap you down tight you cant move papoose boards are scary but sometimes the option so if you or your kids ever been strapped down on a papoose share your story
mikie24-HL9k1lDN2IQV5O5.jpg

They had to use them occasionally on my ASD3 daughter, when she was younger. She is too big (25yo), now. I just give her a sedative, first, and she's fine.

All of us, ASD1-3 & NTs, must experience uncomfortable doctor visits from time-to-time in the interest of long-term health. At three different times, I have had boils or cysts lanced using only local anesthesia. I didn't feel the cut into my skin, but I felt everything that was going on underneath my skin...! :eek:

I am still glad that they did it, but it sure hurt like an [expletive!].

They had to use them occasionally on my ASD3 daughter, when she was younger. She is too big (25yo), now. I just give her a sedative, first, and she's fine.

All of us, ASD1-3 & NTs, must experience uncomfortable doctor visits from time-to-time in the interest of long-term health. At three different times, I have had boils or cysts lanced using only local anesthesia. I didn't feel the cut into my skin, but I felt everything that was going on underneath my skin...! :eek:

I am still glad that they did it, but it sure hurt like an [expletive!].
im still put in one its actully safe and comfty

New Threads

Top Bottom