• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

For my daughter's dental work, they give her a general anesthesia (in a hospital operating room) every few years.

i may need dental work i would ask too have it done asleep or with oral sedation so im not scared i know my dentist uses the or room at the children's hospital as they do all ages with spiceal needs there i may need fillings and some crowns and i would wear pajamas and take extra clothes im unsure if i need depends i know they require liquid pre meds and maybe sedative shot i would ask before any advice thank you

I want to climb into a wormhole. I have horrible PTSD from dentists. I went to a female dentist who did internship for Veterans hospital. She claimed she put resin filling in my mouth. She totally lied. It was mercury, l had to have it drilled out of my mouth in Mexico. Then she supposedly did fillings, she lied and said l never was at her office. My daughter and l always did our appointments together. So l hope you handle stress better then l do. She works in Minneapolis , the horrible dentist. My new dentist is great and personable and is HONEST. Unheard off where l live.

I want to climb into a wormhole. I have horrible PTSD from dentists. I went to a female dentist who did internship for Veterans hospital. She claimed she put resin filling in my mouth. She totally lied. It was mercury, l had to have it drilled out of my mouth in Mexico. Then she supposedly did fillings, she lied and said l never was at her office. My daughter and l always did our appointments together. So l hope you handle stress better then l do. She works in Minneapolis , the horrible dentist. My new dentist is great and personable and is HONEST. Unheard off where l live.
ok my dentist uses a papoose board and can offer gas or sedation if needed

As a child, I'd run out at any chance and they somehow discovered that I would stay if every step was described to me in advance, as well as the use for every tool.

As a child, I'd run out at any chance and they somehow discovered that I would stay if every step was described to me in advance, as well as the use for every tool.
ok my dentist uses a papoose board and can offer gas or sedation if needed

Papoose board operates on the same principle as a weight blanket? I had to babysit Navajo infant and was horrified that l had to put him in it for his nap,But all went well, and he went right to sleep.

I remind myself that whatever happens its in my best interest and will be over relatively quickly.

Fear of dentists is quite common. Unfortunately being a red head, I have encountered many issues with anaesthetics not working during procedures. This has made some procedures some of the most excruciating moments of my life. Injection after injection and then being told I either have to come back another time or let them get on with it and hope for the best.

So I always go to my appointments hoping and praying no procedures other than a check up are required. Although sometimes the scale and polish can be painful if the dentist is heavy handed. The last one I saw wasn't too pleasant.

When I got back outside and into my car my partner said I was white as a sheet and seemed very distant. Here's hoping I don't have to see him next time. For some reason he was standing in for my normal dentist at the time.

He was in his 40's or 50's and had braces. I sure the end result will be great for his teeth, but seeing a fully grown dentist with braces didn't feel me with confidence. And his technique had the grace and etiquette of a silver back gorilla

Ed

Papoose board operates on the same principle as a weight blanket? I had to babysit Navajo infant and was horrified that l had to put him in it for his nap,But all went well, and he went right to sleep.

Attachments

• Papoose+Board.jpg
    Papoose+Board.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom