• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When did everyone receive their diagnosis??? (If you are diagnosed)

Oh so you were older when you got it.. I'm the only person I've heard of who was diagnosed as early as I was.

They got me in October 1999 at the age of 23 and half.

It's bad that it took 23 and half years to get into the "system" though, nobody at school, College or anywhere else ever even considered that I might be on the spectrum, school just said I was a "problem", as they do.

I have my sister in law to thank for noticing the Autistic traits in me, all those years ago when her and my Brother were courting, she kept noticing I was like some of her clients in a Home in Gloucester, England, so they went online for info and took it to our Doctor, and the rest, as they say is history.

Last edited:
I was officially diagnosed shortly before I turned 3. But that was for severe autism.

I was diagnosed around when I was 3 or 4 I'm not entirely sure the exact age, or the in-depth details of my diagnosis (I currently only know I was diagnosed with Autism).

Two years ago at age 32 I got diagnosed with high functioning autism (DSM V). (After being in therapy for 15 years or so for chronic depression. I'm a bit resentful nobody noticed earlier.)

I was officially diagnosed shortly before I turned 3. But that was for severe autism.

The same timeline as our first child, as he was diagnosrd at 2 yrs. 11 months. Our 2nd son was diagnosed at 3 years 9 months, but we as parents suspected ASD at age 2 for him.

I was diagnosed in 2008 at age 62. I spent my whole life up to then knowing that I was different, I just did not know how or why. What a revelation and relief that was!

I was 31 years old when i found that I have Aspergers I also found out at the same time that I have complex ptsd and not just ptsd.

New Threads

Top Bottom