• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s your favorite holiday?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I really like Christmas and Halloween the most because I always have a great time. Not to say that I don’t have a great time with other holidays, but I like those the most.

Halloween has always been my favorite.

I used to go out of my way to dress in very unique ways.

I believe it is a time of the year when you can let your imagination run wild.

One year, my inspiration came from watching the 1932 movie "Freaks"

The Josephine Joseph character inspired me to go all out and a search for male and female formal clothing netted me a costume that was derived from parts of each split down the middle.

From there I did a comb-over of my long hair and shaved half of my facial hair.
An extremely large hoop earring was worn and two girls did my makeup on the girly side.

Yep, we stuffed one side of the costume too, for authenticity.

It took two first place prizes that night, and was a blast just freaking people out as I would turn to profile myself as often as possible.

Never really cared about holidays, never really celebrated any... I liked Hanukkah the times I joined friends for the celebration.

After my head injury, I made the rounds dressed up in this vintage long tailed tuxedo.

The actual costume included a cake on a platter formed to look like half of my brain, and we went out of our way to dress up my mangle forehead to look like the injury was freshly opened up.

Ya gotta have a sense of humor if you wanna run with me :p

The Mayor.JPG

This image of the Mayor of Aspieville was captured at a sweet 16 party we held for the neighbor girl.
Semi-formal attire, suitable for a bonfire no doubt.
After I wore it to the party, one of the neighbors requested that I wear it to her wedding, which I did.
I now own three top hats to go with it, the other two being black and one of those a true stovepipe :p

I actually got to wear it as an usher at a fashion show too.
At the end of the event, all of the ushers were brought up on stage one at a time to walk the catwalk.

It was yet another awesome night in what started out as a Halloween costume

Last edited:
I always liked Christmas day but probably not for the same reason as most people. It was always the one day of the year I could rely on where people would leave me alone. They're all busy with their families. Not so much an issue these days but I had a busy life when I was younger.

Thinking about it.. Halloween is really the only time I don't seem to suffer as much social anxiety, in fact the only time I'll actually throw a party for fun. I like the idea that everyone dresses up in costumes and not be themselves for a change, and being a holiday of perpetual youth. I love handing out candy to kids and getting creative with decorations since it can range from scary to amusing to odd.

I also won a costume contest dressed as Sarah Palin one year with a last minute costume thrown together from a thrift store.. I believe she was running for VP that year but everyone swore I looked exactly like her.

I'm looking for a derelict violin and case to make an uber creepy Halloween decoration.

Spiderwebs, a black widow spider and filth will be the theme :cool:

I did this to honor Sean Connery when he left us:
007.jpg

I jumped at the chance to buy the 007 cufflinks when I saw them

I like Christmas for two reasons:

* I always save enough time off to take about a week off around Christmas time, so Christmas time is relaxing time spent with family.

* I have a lot of traditions built up around Christmas. We make candy wreaths, ginger bread houses, and bake cookies. There are also traditional gifts we give/get every year and specific times and dates to open specific gifts.

I really like Christmas and Halloween the most because I always have a great time. Not to say that I don’t have a great time with other holidays, but I like those the most.

I was going to write exactly what you said but then read your post. Nothing was more exciting to me as a child than Halloween. Christmas felt like actual magic for one day a year.

I am worried about the holidays this year. I feel like I cannot be alone for Thanksgiving this year, and Christmas. I do not know why something feels different. Maybe it has built up. I am always alone and I did not think I noticed it but this year I have the idea in my mind that I cannot do it again alone.

I love Halloween the most!!

I love anything spooky, paranormal, creepy-cute, or witchy. So Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. I have a big Halloween party every year too and I decorate my entire house with a Halloween theme!

I used to go to Salem, Massachusetts every year for Halloween and my friends and I trick-or-treated, because they don't discourage adults from doing so there. I haven't been back there for the past few Halloweens because the crowds have gotten out of control.

Christmas was always the special one when I still had a family to enjoy it with.
We had our traditions. I loved doing the decorations, the dinner and gifting.
It felt like love.

Now without anyone to share it with it is no longer special.
Just special memories and my own little tree.
So, Halloween is now my favorite.
Weeki 069.JPG

I like Easter because of the bank holidays and also the time of the year. I like Christmas but it is expensive and I don't like the time of the year. Same with Halloween.

Mmm... fire... (and hotdogs)...

Also, around that time, the running of the tar barrels:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom