• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s something that’s crazy funny?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Who can tell the funniest story/experience/joke in this thread? I hope this can make people happy and feel better. I wanted to create this for people to look back and feel comfortable and safe.

My joke is something my mom always says to me. If it’d been a snake, it would have bit you. This is a southern sayings that she uses when items are in our faces, but can’t see it yet.

One time, I pulled mayonnaise out of the fridge too fast, dropped it, and it somehow managed to spray my 10 foot ceiling. I can still remember standing on a step ladder and trying to make sure there was no more mayonnaise on the ceiling, and questioning my life decisions in the process.

This is also not to be confused with the time when I pulled applesauce out of my pantry, dropped it, and had it completely spray down my pantry door. No idea how either one of these happened but they were so difficult to clean up

It's not crazy funny but yesterday I accidentally threw a dry piece of bread right into the face of a baby fox. How often does that happen. There's a slope behind my garage and I sometimes throw food scraps down there and the magpies take it. A fox was in the undergrowth right beneath where I was standing, I didn't see it and nailed it right in the head with bread. It was so startled that it ran up the slope and almost crashed into me, then it took off running like it had stolen its fur. I have never seen a fox run so fast before. :) Poor thing, but it was funny and the fox is ok, I saw it again later.

A few days ago, Enzo was in his crate, and he was trying to get my attention. He whined a few times, and then it sounded like he actually said “Hello!” but in a dog voice.

I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sure he didn’t actually talk, but it really sounded like it and it was funny.

My friend has a very smart dog. I went to visit him when I was nearby one evening, but the house was dark. I knocked softly, but didn't want to wake him, or stay long, so I left. The next time we met, he told me that he'd have been glad to wake up for a visit. I told him that Titan had come to the door and said "Shhh."

Who can tell the funniest story/experience/joke in this thread? I hope this can make people happy and feel better. I wanted to create this for people to look back and feel comfortable and safe.

My joke is something my mom always says to me. If it’d been a snake, it would have bit you. This is a southern sayings that she uses when items are in our faces, but can’t see it yet.
My mother and at least one of my teachers would say "If it had teeth it would jump up and bite you" when I couldn't find something that turned out to be obviously there, according to them. I hated it.

One time when I was making jewelry, I lost a tiny part I'd been working on. I got up to do part of the job, and when I got back, it was gone. After searching for twenty minutes, I realized that it had only taken twenty minutes to make, so I started on a replacement. Reaching the same stage, I decided to be extra careful to put it somewhere I couldn't miss it. So, for a tiny part, I wanted a tiny stage, and the cap on a tall bottle seemed perfect. The first one was there. I'd been looking past it the whole time.
I can also lose things in plain sight if I'm expecting them to be other side up.
Sometimes, remembering where I last saw something is a good idea. One time, the last time i'd seen a part was when I was in a store looking for another part to fit it. I went back to the store, 3 days later, and my part was still on the shelf there.

So... I make beer and for a while I was putting it in a keg that was like a plastic liter coke bottle, with a tap.

We're in the US, but my daughter married a guy from England. His father came to visit. We were standing around my little plastic keg, enjoying a home brew, when, SUDDENLY!!! the keg exploded.

Beer on the floor, beer dripping from the ceiling, beer dripping from our hair and noses... Just imagine.

So - he looks at me, I look at him, and we both break out into giant belly laughs on acountta stuff happens that you can't predict, don't expect, and should really just laugh at because two guys caught in a non-dangerous beer explosion IS funny.

I don't know if this qualifies as a joke. It is actually a parable that I wrote in my type 1 diabetes book (not yet finished) to illustrate what drove me to create my unconventional T1D control method.

The Oil Well Fire - A Parable:
Once upon a time, there was an oil well at the bottom of a valley that blew-out and caught fire. Weeks went by with all the local firefighters exhausting their efforts to extinguish the fire – to no avail.

Eventually, Red Adair and his world-famous team was called in. Radio and TV news media gathered on top of the hill, along with a large crowd of spectators. But to no avail; even with all the tankers, pumpers and water cannon trucks, the fire simply would not go out.

Finally, a million-dollar reward was offered to any crew that could put out the fire. It became a viral media event. Firefighting teams came from far and wide to try their go at winning the reward, but so far, none succeeding. Near the end of the line of contestants was a shabby team with nothing but an old, beat-up, rusted flat-bed truck filled with sand and a crew armed with shovels. As the line inched along to their turn, the crowd of spectators looked at them with grinning scoffs. Most eager to watch just for the amusement of the expected comical failure. Finally, it was their turn, but before they set off down the hill, the TV announcer asked the crew chief if he really thought they had any chance at putting out the fire. With a shrug of the shoulders, he just said, “well, we just thought we’d give it a try”. Among lots of spectator snickering and laughter, they set off down the hill to the fire.

Partway down the hill the truck started speeding up. As they progressed, faster and faster, the spectator crowd began to cheer at the crew’s obvious eager confidence as they were now standing in the back of the truck waiving their shovels in the air as they raced, faster and faster down to the fire. As they got closer, the crowd began to grow quieter watching in amazement as it looked like they were getting too close to the fire and still not slowing down. Then, sure enough, with all jaws dropped, the truck drove straight into the fire! Simultaneously, a huge plume of sand erupted from the back of the truck with shovels and crew a-blur in rapid motion. In a blink, the bulging sand-cloud grew to engulf the fire and with a Poof! It was out. Nothing was left but a huge mound of settling sand. The spectators and news media now aghast; dead silent in astonishment.

After a few moments, the truck slowly started back up the hill and drifted to a stop in front of the TV reporter. The crowd was still struck silent in astoundment. The still panting crew climbed down from the truck with singed hair and smoldering clothes. The TV reporter still at a loss for words finally said, “That was the most astounding thing I have ever seen! You certainly deserve the reward”, and then asked, “What do you plan to do with all that money?” After a brief pause, the crew chief said, “Well… the first thing I’m going to do is take my old truck down and get them darn brakes fixed!”

Now that may be a funny story, but there are some valuable life-lessons to learn from it. Their success was not due to any special knowledge, skills, credentials, equipment or techniques.

The unlikely fire-fighting team was successful for two reasons:
1) Terror. Due to the truck’s failed brakes thrusting them directly into the fire, their goal suddenly changed from a remote chance at winning a contest to something far more important; far more urgent. Their driving force suddenly switched to Terror. They were suddenly thrust into a fight for their lives, with no hope of any outside help.
2) Up-close and Personal. They succeed where the others didn’t, because their fight with the fire was intimately up-close and personal. The other crews fought the fire from a safe distance, shooting water and chemicals at it, but did not address the fire directly at its source.

Likewise, my success in discovering my non-traditional management method, saving me from the perils of diabetes, was not smarts - and certainly not bravery or any other impressive attribute; I was faced with those same two conditions:
I was terrified because I knew nothing about diabetes and I realized during my hospital stay that it was imminently lethal and I realized that neither my doctor nor the hospital staff had any clue. I was dying in the hospital and about to be discharged. I decided that I had to do it on my own - up-close and personal.

FYI, that was 34 years ago. I still have no type 1 diabetes health conditions.

IMG_1877.jpeg

I'd been renovating a big house on a crew, and as we finished up, I was told to take care of the security. I went around to all the doors and windows on the first floor, made a list of missing locks, etc, went to the store, and installed the lot. Then I went outside and was happily looking at each opening and thinking how hard it would be to get in. Then, the client followed me out, and, hearing a new click, instantly realized that they had locked their new keys inside. I immediately changed modes, and remembered how to get in via the basement.

When I was in high school, I was placed in a new class called Building Trades, because some of the classes I wanted were not available. The class project was to build a full size house. It was out in the country on a farm. Many of the boys were often in trouble for lots of pranks and mischief.

One day the teacher needed someone to go to the lumberyard to pickup some supplies. He picked three of us with the best reputations; the least likely to get into any kind of trouble.

We all piled in the very worn class pickup truck and headed to the lumberyard. I was seated next to the door. All went well on the way. As we turned in to the loose gravel parking lot and turned to the left towards a parking space, the door, that I was leaning against, came loose and started opening. I couldn’t pull it back shut because I started sliding on the slick bench seat. I was holding onto the door handle and window frame. As I was sliding out the person in the middle leaned out trying to grab me, but as he was leaning and stretching in my direction, his foot extended over and, unbeknownst to him, pressed the accelerator petal to the floor. This made the driver start screaming, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!”. The center guy, with his foot on the accelerator, started screaming, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!” thinking the driver was doing it. This caused the pickup to now be pealing donuts in the gravel parking lot spraying gravel on all the vehicles and the building. Eventually, I’m fully out of the pickup swinging horizontally, holding onto the door. I’m listening to the two guys repeatedly screaming at each other, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!”. I could see what was happening, but couldn’t say anything. The driver tried to release the clutch, but that made the engine race to catastrophic RPM and instinctively let it back out which only made the donuts wilder. We were all in full freaked out panic mode. Eventually, the driver got enough mentality to turn the key off. It took a while for us all to gather our senses enough to explain to each other what just happened and why. We parked the truck and found the door was warped so bad it wouldn’t shut. It took all three of us to bend it enough to close – sort of.

Then we felt a very sinking feeling as we looked around at all the gravel all over all the vehicles in the parking lot as well as the obvious circle in the middle. We knew we were selected because we could be trusted, and now this!! We walked very sheepishly into the store knowing we were in deep, deep trouble. We got the supplies and checked out. To our amazement, no one said anything.

Now, decades later, I can’t remember this incident without laughing. It may be the funniest thing that ever happened to me.

^^ That is a classic!
I went out to help some friends renovate a cabin. They had a kitchen counter and sink, but no plumbing. Dishes were done in a plastic pan, and the lady of the house was very particular that water not get in the sink, as it would have to be sponged out. After a couple of days of this, I got tired of awkwardness. I filled the sink and did a batch of dishes. Just as I finished, the lady came in and freaked. I just pulled the plug, and opened the cupboard door to show all the water draining into a bucket.

A few days ago, Enzo was in his crate, and he was trying to get my attention. He whined a few times, and then it sounded like he actually said “Hello!” but in a dog voice.

I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sure he didn’t actually talk, but it really sounded like it and it was funny.
That's what he WANTS you to think!

My mum says to me that she's heard about a new influenza...
So I say really, like Covid?
She says no, those people who are popular on YouTube.
That's when I said, you mean influencer not influenza!
We both laughed.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom