• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

I think if I lived in the 1920's, I'd be a flapper. Especially when it comes to the clothes. No hideous corsets squeezing my internal organs up into my throat. But you weren't considered a "proper lady" if you didn't wear one. But then again, actually enjoying life didn't make you a proper lady.

A lot of golden age female cartoon characters were inspired by the flapper look - Minnie Mouse, Betty Boop, and Olive Oyl.:)

Processed all jeans. Surpassed goal of 108 6” squares. Pressed 27 squares so far. Created 4 potential layouts.

When I break out sewing machine, I want to finish top stitching edge of 2nd doll blank with cream thread.

I want to weed the alley. The weeds out there are huge & it’s been raining so the ground is wet.

Last edited:
@Creep
I hope you have good scissors.

I hurt my wrist one weekend, cutting up two bags of heavy
denim/jeans, before I got spring loaded scissors.

upload_2019-5-20_15-24-6.png

4pm - 6pm mostly cloudy
7 more layout drawings &
I think I have my final design.
:)

I’m using a rotary cutter,
no worry.

@Creep

OK.

Somebody gave me a rotary cutter, which I don't
have much use for, because almost all the cloth I
use is harvested from clothing from resale shops,
and not conducive to being stacked, due to the
irregular shapes that result.

I feel like doing something different, but I don't know what. That's the frustrating part. I want to change something...anything...to lessen the boredom. However, I'm not sure where to start. What skills should I practice? How do I develop as a person? Where do I go from here? :confused:

The other day I was playing The Sims 4, which I hadn't played in a while, and someone had created a version of the Landgrabb family as they appear in The Sim's Bustin' Out. The Landgrabb family, which are kind of the main antagonists of the franchise, are already in the game, where Malcolm starts out as a teenager being raised by his parents, but in The Sims Bustin' Out he was an adult and the antagonist of the game, with a son named Dudley and a daughter named Mimi. At the start of the game your Sim is living with their mom, who recently divorced Malcolm, who is a miser with really poor social skills who thinks all the other Sims are lazy and takes their stuff, and your Sim has to get a career, move out, and do the usual stuff to get the items back before eventually moving into and taking Malcom's mansion from him. The Sims Bustin' Out was the game that got me so intensely interested in The Sims when I played it on Gamecube, so I understood and enjoyed the nostalgia, but almost ever other player didn't get it at all and were flipping out. They clearly haven't seen or played Bustin' Out and naturally didn't bother reading the description of the household.:rolleyes:
But I thought it was cool and downloaded them. Maybe I'll make a YouTube video of them soon.

I make flat patterns all day at work for steel. So why not apply it to fabric? It would be cool to make things I can't buy, like custom seat covers, whatever. So I got a sewing machine from a resale for $10. I've never sewed but I could figure it out. First thing is from some of my old jeans, I want to make wrench rolls. If that works out, maybe I could make rolls for screwdrivers, pliers, even socket strips.

Thinking of want to post randomly looking at the new posts seeing this question then wondering what to Answer For this question.

New Threads

Top Bottom