• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Not happy with my youngest aunt lately. She hung a very controversial banner on her garage, and it means that my grandmother, who lives next door, had to look at it daily. My aunt got it from a friend, which made me wonder why she is friends with her.

I also am fearing the unknown because it looks dire right now, and honestly, I'm scared. I'm also scared that my aunt will uninvite me from the annual Christmas party because I have different opinions than her. She is giving everyone lately a hard time - including me, my mom, and my grandmother. I just can't stand her sometimes!

Today was long. My niece got married, and even though it was a small ceremony at the lake, I was still surrounded by a lot of people, only about half of whom I know. Then back to my sister's place for the reception, where everyone is making noise and calling to each other... I stuck myself in a corner to watch cat videos on my phone until I could leave.

But earlier in the day, I found a Kirby plushie at the store. So cute, so soft, so squish! I was literally hopping with joy at the store.

I wanna quit my job, but I don't know if I'm just succumbing to my general anxieties and taking things for granted. The job is easy, I get paid well, I have a good enough reputation to last me 2-3 more assignments, and I can keep dressing the way I've been dressing. If I get a new job at a different company, the pay won't be as high, I have to try to impress people, and what if I end up getting fired. Why am I itching to go?

This song is stuck. And this is how I feel about it...

The-Witcher-Toss-A-Coin-To-Your-Witcher-Song.jpg

I have to make a birthday cake for my mother. I have never made one and a lot of guests will be there. I don't want to do it i am not good at cooking and i hate having people eat my food.

YouTube just recommended "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis to me for reasons unknown.
I was curious, so I listened to it.
It's a very pretty song, but I'm scared it's some kind of warning.:fearful:

Why am I itching to go?
To go is often:
1. To seek excitement / escape boredom (it has been studied that people rather injure themselves than feel bored...)
2. To escape stress. If one is very stressed, the cortisol prevents brain to operate rationally -> often leads to wrong decissions.

For me though your situation sounded more like nr. 1.

To go is often:
1. To seek excitement / escape boredom (it has been studied that people rather injure themselves than feel bored...)
2. To escape stress. If one is very stressed, the cortisol prevents brain to operate rationally -> often leads to wrong decissions.

For me though your situation sounded more like nr. 1.
I personally am more in nr. 2 situation.

Something I really want to tell someone, but also it seems like we’re at a good point in our relationship and am afraid that this might ruin that.

Ugh, my work redid the break room, taking out the carpet and replacing it with linoleum. With the lights now shining off the walls (painted lighter, almost white) and the shiny reflective floors, it's now almost unbearably bright.

This right here is why I'm after a diagnosis, so I can justify wearing sunglasses indoors at 2am...

I believe that if I were to consider the situation I live in objectively, I would kill myself. However I rarely do so, and I live more than inside my own world than 'out there' — because of this I am unfazed when happenings that other people see as critical occur.
But it worries me that it is this very same reason that keeps me from trying harder to change the way I live.

I feel like i am delusional by thinking i can be a good lawyer. No matter how much i study my brain can take only so much information and i am too dumb to comprehend how some real life/monetary issues work.
I feel like i won't be able to manage my property after my parents die. I wish i had an advisor or such but of course my parenta wouldn't do that, i am sooooo smart after all

My brother watched The Hobbit movies with me and now I want to play more LOTRO. But my internet has been shoddy for a couple weeks and preventing me from even loading webpages, which sucks.

Rain!
Humboldt county weather makes me think of a character in one of Douglas Adams' books, who doesn't realize that he is a rain god and has made a list differentiating between hundreds of types of precipitation.

Sending hugs and concern your way, elbowgrease.

On my mind: I need prayers and positive vibes for tomorrow, and for the following weeks, as I head into some very stressful territory. Breathe. Repeat.

Why do people think the answers to everything must be long and confusing, and when you suggest an answer that's simple and to the point they get annoyed with you?

For example, I was just thinking how in Disney's Robin Hood, Maid Marion is a fox but her father and uncle are lions. On TV Tropes they had this long and complex theory as to why she is a different species from them, but all I can think of is, "Maybe she was just adopted."

I don't know why people have to make simple things as complicated as possible when life is already too complicated as it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom