• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Everyone in my life thinks I’m so very much more “high functioning” than I actually am, it’s infuriating

No no no. My mind is focused on work. Not on silliness. Hey young people! Old people don't do much. In fact we like our aloneness. Let me work. Leave me alone. l am in this retirement state because l am old. And l don't like to do much after horrendous marriage and divorce.

Trying to decide whether trying to build a (roughly) 17 foot kayak in my apartment is a terrible idea or a fun project. And really wishing I had an adequate workspace outside. The main room is just about 16 feet long, so if it were laid out lengthwise inside it would run into my kitchen, but I think that diagonally I'll have about three feet to spare. Don't have tools or materials for it yet, or the book with plans. Thinking about selling a couple of things I have that aren't getting used to put into funding the project. No idea whether I'll even get started on it or not. Pretty intimidating to think about completely filling my living space for an indefinite period of time.

Ran out of meds again, due to my own mismanagement. Ugh.
Still this. I’m beginning not to care. I’m already off one psych med completely since the pandemic, & haven’t noticed an adverse reaction from that. So far. This other psych med withdrawal is more noticeable, but not debilitating. I don’t advise going off your psych meds without consulting your care providers. Do as I say, not as I do. I’m ready to flush my whole “care team” down the crapper & have nothing more to do with the whole medical industrial complex & big Pharma. Screw it. They’re all vultures profiting from my misery anyway.

Trying to decide whether trying to build a (roughly) 17 foot kayak in my apartment is a terrible idea or a fun project. And really wishing I had an adequate workspace outside. The main room is just about 16 feet long, so if it were laid out lengthwise inside it would run into my kitchen, but I think that diagonally I'll have about three feet to spare. Don't have tools or materials for it yet, or the book with plans. Thinking about selling a couple of things I have that aren't getting used to put into funding the project. No idea whether I'll even get started on it or not. Pretty intimidating to think about completely filling my living space for an indefinite period of time.

Go Fund me.com?

No- l don't talk to people. After horrendous abuse, you ignore people. All people. Because in my state, their motives are money, nothing else. Money is the only motive in the people that come near me.

They're generally called "mechanical pencils"... so why did we always call them "lead pencils", as if regular pencils don't have lead? Even though neither of them do (I believe they use graphite, which is made of carbon)?

Why can't l live as a single older female. Why do 95% of the idiot male race thinks l woke up this morning and decided they in all their stupidity- they are the one l cared about????? Why enjoying alone quiet downtime isn't embraced by the general population?

Also l don't want to date hoodrats. We have an incredible amount of those and they assume that woman think they are perfectly respectable. What a farce. It's a dog eat dog world. l wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley.

Last edited:
Just because you wear nice clothes doesn't change the fact you are a hoodrat. The numbers of young guys chasing older woman is creepy. Nobody wants to work here. That's why l like my job because the customers are over 55. The older men behave way better. Date someone in your age bracket, l am 60 years past you. Figure it out.

Last edited:
We have visitors again and once again i have no idea how to say goodbye to them when they leave. I don't want to be rude but i wish they could ignore me completely so it wouldn't be rude if i don't tell them goodbye.
(I escaped to my computer after dinner as i have no idea what to talk about)

New Threads

Top Bottom