• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Seems almost nobody has accepted me for who I am, which is why I keep things secret most of the time. And no, it's got nothing to do with my autism.

l am not getting remarried. My support is dependent on not getting married. l can't remarry in my lifetime. My paycheck only happens if l don't remarry. It's a bee, but l waited 3 years for it. Men like you only until they no longer like you. I am too old to be on the street with no income. I can't live through another divorce. My last divorce cost me my face, my car , 50,000 dollars, and almost all my personal possessions. It cost me a cat, a dog and my mom, and my daughter. It cost me almost 3 years, and 4 car accidents. How can anybody on the planet think l would remarry again? Plus l left with battered woman syndrome as a senior citizen. And suffered a broken ankle from serious anxiety and poor decisions. Excuse me, excuse you. Nope. Nada. Nein.

Last edited:
Whether or not to arrange pickup for library holds or if I should let them expire?

On the one hand: books.

On the other hand: arranging for pickup involves making multiple phone calls and I don’t really know if I’m capable of that at the moment.

:(

Went with my brother to help him get new tires for his car. Was supposed to take an hour. Ended up taking over three hours. Living in a rural area, we had no way of going anywhere to kill time, nor was there anywhere we could have gone anyway.

So I had to wait in that waiting room for three hours. With no book to read (I didn't know I would need it) there was absolutely no way for me to keep still. I spent the whole time just tapping at my chest , partly out of anxiety, partly out of frustration, partly because I needed some sort of stimulation.

When other customers showed up, I got self-conscious and stopped for a bit, but then decided my phone would probably hide my hands well enough, so I continued.

When we finally got home, I went to my room to relieve myself of all my pent-up energy (and anxiety and frustration), just jumping around, spinning, flapping... It felt so good.

There's just too much going on right now. Too much stress, too much drama, too many changes, and I feel like I can't cope. Everything is too loud, too bright, too painful to the touch.

Calming music, a soft Pusheen plushie, and some rocking helps a little...

What's up with my legs? Like, I can touch them all I want with no problem, but if a cat walks across them or sits on them, or my baby niece grabs them, it's just suuuper uncomfortable, almost painful. But nothing happens if I touch them. What gives?

New Threads

Top Bottom