• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would happen to me if i only eat apples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing would happen for a while, but eventually you'd start to get pretty unhealthy. I mean, you'd live, but you wouldn't be healthy. Apples have high or decent amounts on only certain vitamins, minerals, proteins, etc. Human body needs a good amount of all of 'em to be efficient.

Also I'd bet your poop would change color. Just sayin'.

Of course I'm just speaking out my ass here (badum-ch!). I'm just assuming.

long tern, its not a good move, the body needs a varied diet to get all the protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals and fats that it needs, also if you plan on just eating apples, i would watch my blood sugar levels if i were you, apples do have a surprising amount of natural sugars, another thing to be careful with is your teeth- the acids and whatnot wont do any good.

if you are serious about doing it, i would advise as to getting a heath check up by your gp first, but good luck anyway

Well I went from eating mcdonalds every day to eating 5 apples for lunch and I gained 4 stone in a month, could have been the extreme change in diet I dont know.

Robert, I love your diet. I want to be like you when I'm older :).
And @poodlepiglet: as someone who never eats vegetables, only has a piece of fruit one or two times a month, and only really ever ate spaghetti and toast(the recipe changed) I like to think that it's ******** that the body *needs* a broad diet.
I know I'm no healthy but I'm no were near as bad the media would like to make out.
But meh. I'm no nutritionist(or w.e).
Maybe I'm just deluding my self P:.
EMZ=]

As other's have said, you'd turn out unhealthy in the long term. You're supposed to like eat 5 fruit/veg a day and drink 7 glasses of water (IIRC). I don't drink water at all and I wouldn't eat 5 fruit in a year let alone a day. The only healthy thing I would eat would be pasta. I'm a big fan of fast food/takeways and am probably unhealthy on the inside although I look fine on the outside. IDK though I was in Sainsbury's yesterday and was looking for something nice to eat and couldn't find anything. I'd take Domino's/Pizza Hut over a frozen Chicago Town or Goodfellas pizza any day.  

I'm very fussy about what I eat and most of the time it has to be a certain brand or it tastes yuck. Weird fact #1 I only take cheese on pizza.

Robert, I love your diet. I want to be like you when I'm older :).
And @poodlepiglet: as someone who never eats vegetables, only has a piece of fruit one or two times a month, and only really ever ate spaghetti and toast(the recipe changed) I like to think that it's ******** that the body *needs* a broad diet.
I know I'm no healthy but I'm no were near as bad the media would like to make out.
But meh. I'm no nutritionist(or w.e).
Maybe I'm just deluding my self P:.
EMZ=]

u dont want to be like me LOL. ud be miserable all the time.

And my diet changed all i basicly eat it fried chicken. KFC or from shop lol or have pizza or something. I just eat what i want when i want lol.

Im very fussy with my food though. I can go a month eating the same meal every day. easy.

@Robert: Which is awesome imo (Y).
I'm fed up of people not doing what they want(when it doesn't cause harm to others), it's stupid.
EMZ=]

My guess is that if all you ate was apples then you would die. Eventually.

It would take months and months though, and you would get plenty of warning signs. Quite likely all sorts of odd cravings for other foods as well.

I wonder if that is a common thing for Aspies: to eat the same thing every day for a while and then just one day you find that you don't want to eat it any more... so you switch to something else every day. I used to be like that.

I wonder if that is a common thing for Aspies: to eat the same thing every day for a while and then just one day you find that you don't want to eat it any more... so you switch to something else every day. I used to be like that.
That is so me. I do that quite a lot. I have a habit of being repetitive with the food I eat, even at when getting a takeaway I almost always order the same thing.

I'm the same with ordering the same thing.
I always order from the kids menu in Italian restaurants and stuff too. My family always takes the mick. The staff also give the kids menu to my 11 year old sister first too which makes it more awkward xD.
God I hate eating out(with people anyway).
XD.
EMZ=]

Could be worse. My mum still orders Happy Meals from Mcdonalds.   :blink:

Her excuse is that's she is not a big eater.   :lol:

I think I might have abit of an answer for you guys.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_if_you_eat_to_many_apples

(Cannot guarantee it is correct).

Thanks guys, superboyian.
Doing fine so far 1 day of apple diet :showoff: . I have thought of doing something like this many times, as a diet, in the summer I thought if I only eat strawberries...This kind of thing works for me cause I am very good at resisting temptation if I keep to a rigid schedule, being on a shake diet I actually quite liked it (just the shakes taste ****! so I could not do it further).
But of course, in the long run I probably can't keep this up, I have no wish of being an anorexic.

My guess is that they would probably rot your teeth. I know apples are supposed to be healthy but they do contain a lot of sugar. I have also heard of a guy who would eat 30+ apples a day and couldn't understand why he was overweight. Generally, if you eat 30 of anything your gonna get fat.

On the other hand, people can live on coconuts for years. Similar story for mango.

Was that on a channel 4 documentary Kempy?
There was a documentary on Channel 4 about obesity and it's causes and it was worded a lot like you said. A guy said something like, 'A guy came to me and couldn't understand why he was fat when all he ate was oranges, but 40 of them a day.*laugh* If you eat 40 anything a day you're going to be fat.' P:.
That's documentary was cool (Y).
But yeah I swear it was oranges o_O.
EMZ=]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom