• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What will you be for Halloween 2019?

Because I cant just be normal for 2 seconds, I wanted to do this:

scrapfull.jpg

One of my current (and long-running) character obsessions. But I figured, it'd fit anyway... imagine THAT walking at you at night. But also I'd use it at conventions. At least 25% of which would involve standing in an elevator and waiting for people to open the doors.

But holy complexity, Batman! How the heck would I put THAT together? Or more accurately, who would I find to do it for me? In a way that actually looks accurate, I mean. One way or another I'll get the blasted thing, but not in time for Halloween, that's for sure.

Thought also of doing Chara from Undertale, considering that the outfit is like 3 feet away from me in a drawer and requires zero effort to look accurate, but that involves shorts. It is not shorts weather.

Thinking of various horror characters I'm familiar with, I also thought of Slenderman, but that would involve me crashing into walls/trees/poles/everything. Seems counterproductive.

I'm afraid that for this year, I shall have to settle for this:

giphy.gif

No costume necessary. It's what happens if I have too much caffeine.

A Miserable old beggar is probably what I'll be on All Hallows Eve I think.

I don't learn.
I stay in the house calming the dog (because he's reactive to 'monsters')

when I could be out somewhere, driving, 'chillin' - not listening to hammering on the door, a reactive dog and fireworks.
It's the same date every year. I know it's coming.

I don't learn :)

Halloween is great. I really get to show off my art and creativity this time of year. This year I made a Sims plum-bob headband and a top that looks similar to a t-shirt in The Sims 4. I also have two handmade dolls of the Freezer Bunny, who is sort of the mascot of The Sims.

One thing that is a little concerning is the weather forecast. Currently, the forecast shows highs in the mid-70s and lows in the upper 40s on both The Weather Channel and Accuweather. This is a little cooler than average for Halloween where I live, and since my fairy outfit will consist of spring/summer clothes, I don't want to feel too cold. The warmest part of the day is generally around 4 to 5 PM where I live, so hopefully there isn't a rapid cooldown before Halloween night. I am not actually trick-or-treating but giving out candy, so if worse comes to worse, as a last resort, I can bring out a pink blanket to keep myself warm while I wait for trick-or-treaters, and then once they arrive, I can show my costume in full. Usually the coolest part of the day is around 7 AM, so hopefully I should be fine on Halloween night.

Weather here at Halloween hasn't been particularly nice for some time.

Though the Zombie Crawl may be the only event where participants are indifferent about the weather, but then that's probably because they're sufficiently inebriated and don't care.

No last call for the walking dead. Moonwalking and line dancing optional. Where's Carl ? :p

Reno Zombie Crawl 2019

Me? For Halloween I plan on being sober- at home. :cool:

Last edited:
I just looked at the hourly forecast on Weather Underground for Halloween, and it looks like the temperatures should be in the 60s during Trick or Treating hours. That isn't too bad; hopefully the conditions don't worsen.

Wow, I had already forgotten it was even happening. Then this topic popped up again and reminded me.

.....Thanks?

Well, I dressed as a preppy pink fairy in my planned outfit, and I wasn't cold at all. I even got a compliment from a girl about my costume, as well as my cute cousin.

New Threads

Top Bottom