• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I almost never go to the movie theatres, but today I went to a matinée of Inside Out, and oh boy. I'm glad I did. Wow.

"The Spy Who Came In From The Cold"

Clever 1965 film about an intricate espionage plot during the Cold War. But the "star" of the film isn't espionage or the Cold War. It's the cynicism of the war itself, espionage and even humanity. Worth watching, effectively presented in black and white.

I saw Inside Out again, because I am autistic nerd and that movie tickled my fancy so much and I wanted to catch all the jokes and details that I missed out on the first viewing (turns out there were a lot!).

I would say the last movie I saw was The Fault in Our Stars, but I only watched the first half (might watch the rest tonight)... I can't say it's a good movie, but anything Mike Birbiglia is in, I'm down for that, even if it's just a bit part. (I loved Sleepwalk With Me even though it got a lot of negative press.)

The Jungle Book 2

Not great, but not as bad as some other Disney sequels. You can see what they were going for and there are some genuinely good moments in it even if the film as a whole ultimately falls short. It would have been better if they'd put more emphasis on the emotional aspect of Mowgli feeling torn between two worlds. Apparently, the box office failure of this film is why Lilo And Stitch 2 went straight to video but ironically, that one actually was good enough to have played on the big screen. Go figure.

Blue Jasmine.

How can you tell that a movie is dark? When, arguably, the most sympathetic character in the movie is played by Andrew Dice Clay.

Chappie wasn't expecting much and while it's not the best movie I watched I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Chappie wasn't expecting much and while it's not the best movie I watched I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

I still need to see that one. I'm a big fan of Neil Blomkamp's first two films so my expectations would likely be higher than yours.

"Thunderbolt and Lightfoot."

Kind of chuckling over wondering what Quentin Tarantino might have thought of this criminal caper. :p

Ilsa, she wolf of the SS

Yeah... I'm going down that territory of weird 70s exploitation stuff, lol

Trivia!: Did you know the TV series The West Wing was directly inspired by that movie? It's true!

Yes. Aaron Sorkin wrote the screenplay for the movie...which ultimately served as a template for the series. Small wonder Martin Sheen ended up playing the role of President Jed Bartlet! Makes me wonder if he even had to audition for the series having done so well in the movie.

The West Wing remains one of the top television series ever made.

Metropolis, 1927.
The "Machine-Man" looked female to me.
Later the image of a human female was
imposed onto the "Machine-Man."
b678ece88e7303022b4e38212c883aae.jpg

Here is a picture of that process.
Very good special effects, I thought, for the era.

Terminator: Genisys... in 3d (because it's not playing anywhere in 2d... it also marks the first time I saw a movie in 3d ever).

My brief analysis of the movie is pretty much; unless you're a fan of the franchise and religiously watched at least Terminator and Terminator 2: judgement day, you might not have a clue what's going on in that movie and it feels more like some odd kind of fanservice to create another Terminator movie with Arnold, rather than a movie that's enjoyable from a narrative point of view on it's own.

But given that I quite like the Terminator franchise... (well, bar that awful T3 one... and that mediocre Salvation)... I quite enjoyed most of it.

Terminator: Genisys... in 3d (because it's not playing anywhere in 2d... it also marks the first time I saw a movie in 3d ever).

My brief analysis of the movie is pretty much; unless you're a fan of the franchise and religiously watched at least Terminator and Terminator 2: judgement day, you might not have a clue what's going on in that movie and it feels more like some odd kind of fanservice to create another Terminator movie with Arnold, rather than a movie that's enjoyable from a narrative point of view on it's own.

But given that I quite like the Terminator franchise... (well, bar that awful T3 one... and that mediocre Salvation)... I quite enjoyed most of it.

Good to know. I eat that franchise like candy. Never expected another with Arnold after he became the governator.

New Threads

Top Bottom