• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Finał Fantasy XIV (mostly) and XV. Also mobile games like State of Survival and some others.

Always looking out for other people to play with.

Are you all talking about games on a PC platform? If so, what graphics card are you using?

Looks like graphics card costs are beginning to drop, perhaps quite dramatically late April.

Mass Effect. The game has been in my collection for a decade and I just now am getting deeply into it. I am doing a blind play through for the first time.

Are you all talking about games on a PC platform? If so, what graphics card are you using?

Looks like graphics card costs are beginning to drop, perhaps quite dramatically late April.

I play on PC/Steam, so I'm one of those folks, and the card I'm using right now is a NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti.

Looking forward to the prices dropping, but my current card can handle everything in my catalogue so far without much or any sacrifice. I'd like to upgrade to a NVIDIA RTX 30 series GPU, but only if the prices drop to a reasonable amount.

Back on topic, I'm currently playing Elden Ring. Almost finished with the game even though I've watched one spoiler too many; nonetheless, I have enjoyed every minute of it. This game is massive in scale and depth, and like the rest of the Souls games before it it's easy to learn but hard to master.

I play on PC/Steam, so I'm one of those folks, and the card I'm using right now is a NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti.

Looking forward to the prices dropping, but my current card can handle everything in my catalogue so far without much or any sacrifice. I'd like to upgrade to a NVIDIA RTX 30 series GPU, but only if the prices drop to a reasonable amount.

Back on topic, I'm currently playing Elden Ring. Almost finished with the game even though I've watched one spoiler too many; nonetheless, I have enjoyed every minute of it. This game is massive in scale and depth, and like the rest of the Souls games before it it's easy to learn but hard to master.

Thanks for responding. Very interesting to hear what kind of video card you have!

Only recently I heard through a YouTube source that the majority of Steam members were using the 1070 series GPUs. Which if true gives me great perspective on the industry's push to get everyone to buy the ridiculously priced "30" series GPUs along with Microsoft forcing everyone to upgrade their motherboards just to accommodate Trusted Platform Module and Secure Boot functionality.

Though it's no secret that the bottom appears to have dropped out of the market for the timed being, with prices increasingly dropping. Leaving incidental gamers like me on the fence about whether to try to get a 1660Ti series card, or go for a much faster 30 series GPU. The thing is, at the moment I have thought about the prospects of running a 1660Ti GPU on this computer, and whether or not it can sufficiently cool the GPU. On this computer I have a 120mm exhaust case fan and a huge Cooler Master Hyper 212 heatsink and fan for the CPU.

Presently both my CPU and GPU temps are quite low (<40 degrees Celsius), but then with a lack of gaming using an ancient Ti650 GPU it doesn't surprise me. The big unknown for me is whether adding a 120mm front case fan with more than adequate ventilation would be sufficient to keep a 1660Ti from overheating or throttling down the CPU as well. Temps at load no more than say 75 degrees Celsius. Up to now I had no intention of moving up to a monitor with 1440p resolution, so the 1660Ti may fit my limited gaming purposes. Mostly relative to simulators and maybe a FPS or two. Nothing that has to be "state-of-the-art".

But I'm always very keen on thermodynamics when it comes to desktop PCs, and a primary reason as to why I've always stayed away from laptops. Where ultimately regardless of the GPU I purchase, I may have to build an entirely new PC around it, which was my original intent. Though how the GPU market may be in the next 30 days may greatly influence whatever I decide. Just glad to see prices finally moving in the right direction, though it's not clear if they will get back down to MSRP or even lower.

I'd just hate to think this is just another corporate attempt at "bait and switch". We shall see. Having worked on the inside of Silicon Valley gaming software many years ago I'm apt to think that consumers have never been particularly a high priority for them. o_O

Last edited:
Tracks - Toybox Edition. It's free on Amazon Prime Gaming this month so I thought I'd try it. It's a cute game that reminds me of good childhood memories. Not something I would play too long though.

I’m curious to hear your experience! Oxenfree is one of the many games in my backlog.

Finished my playthrough (took a little under 5 hours). It was gifted to me by a friend and it's not a game I was following and knew what to expect from it ahead of time. The story took a turn for the strange, but in a good way (imo). It almost reminded me of The Goonies, since I just watched that again recently in that a group of friends wind up going on a little journey that was more than they ever expected. I don't plan to replay it again for a while, but I'm curious how the ending would've changed if I had made a few different choices.

I’m currently playing Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’m very much enjoying the atmosphere and the soundtrack. I’m getting a bit of achievement anxiety though. I’m usually a completionist when it comes to video games, but so far the only achievement I got is for standing around and doing nothing (which is because I went AFK to answer the door). But I keep reminding myself that maybe this is not the type of game where achievements matter.

I started up Little Nightmares II recently and it's good and even more creepy than the first game.

I'm also playing Ion Fury, which is not as good. Or at least the Switch version is not too good, and that happens to be what I'm playing it on. It really feels like Duke Nukem 3D, but the humor is not as good.

I’m playing Baldurs Gate again. It’s part of my ensemble of all time favorites that needs to be replayed every few years.

I'm planning to start playing all the Sonic games I was forced to skip out on due to internet bullying, from Heroes up to Unleashed and or Black Night. This is an entire generation we're talking about here, so I honestly feel that this is going to be a very soul-freeing experience.

Shoot, I'll play almost anything that features a mascot with attitude.

Last edited:
I recently beat the original King's Field. The actual first one, not the first western released one which is King's Field 2 in japan.
It's a beauty of a game. Clunky beyond belief, obscure secrets required for progression, strange unexplained mechanics. An absolute treasure trove of discovery and adventure in a single dungeon of 5 floors, each with a 20 second loop as bgm. I can't imagine many people would stand this game to completion, but it pushes a lot of my buttons and I'll remember my time with it fondly. I'll be starting the sequel soon, that's one I'm sure more people may be familiar with.

Replaying Eternal Darkness for the first time in I don't know how many years. This game got me interested in Cosmic Horror when I first played it over 15 years ago.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite on PS4. Even though it's clearly doesn't have the production values of a triple-A title, this is basically the colonial marines game I've been fiending to play since I first saw Aliens when I was 12. The only thing that sucks is how long it takes to find a match and the combat android buddies the game actually encourages you not to play solo with. It really highlights just how far Sony Online has the crossplay stick up its collective rear end...

Was doing Star Wars Battlefront II (2017), but between it only connecting half the time, and never being able to play heros, it got too frustrating. Debating doing either Diablo 2 or Battlefront (2004). New games are just too expensive.

Trying and failing miserably to get a hang of Elden Ring. Just plowing through a human camp with a halbred while mounted felt like a huge breakthrough. Mind you my only prior experience with a Soulsborne game is playing like 45 minutes of Bloodborne. The controls were easy enough to wrap my head around. I think this game is really driving home how abysmal my hand-eye coordination and sense of timing are. I don't even know what build I'm going for TBH, just kinda winging it but I feel dexterity and single-handed blades will be what I end up settling into because I like attacking more than once per five seconds.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom