• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Does this article also include internet games?

If it does, I just played Happy Wheels (be aware if you choose to play it - there's a fair amount of blood and cartoon gore that some of you may find upsetting).

Does this article also include internet games?

If it does, I just played Happy Wheels (be aware if you choose to play it - there's a fair amount of blood and cartoon gore that some of you may find upsetting).
Anything that’s a game if you want to write about it, it’s cool.

Man we played a few hours the game with few friends and it was amazing.

We are far from having all characters because they didnt want to use the trick to unlock them faster ( doing a versus and then getting a character then reloading the game to reset the cooldown of 10minutes , leading to something like 210-280 minutes but this is not very fun hehe)

But it was realy good and clearly more fast paced. I died because I fell to fast juste like in melee when I was not used to it !

My only issue is that, maybe its because I got older, but in my opinion there is too much going on especially because we were 6 and not just 4 , the effects of the stage + the final smash we all have + the item its too much IMO. I wont have the game but if it was me I would have changed the settings.

I defeated all the character I encountered ( when I won the versus and had to fight a new character) but one person of the group didnt get any of the character he could have won we lost 4 of them xD

When you fight to unlock then I find that they have a weird behavior, they are not just cpu with a hight level they have a certain behavior, for instance I defeated little mac and it was weird because he was moving left and right a lot like crazy and he was very reactive, I had zelda so it was a bit complicated to go all in xD

Eh, it's not a matter of getting older or anything... Smash is inherantly a chaotic fighter. I think that's part of it's charm and what draws in alot of players. Heck, it's part of what drew me in, all those years ago. It's also part of it's challenge, dealing with that chaos. The challenge is very subjective, too. Like, I can easily handle chaos like that.... but that's because I'm used to things like bullet-hell games. After so many hours with those, OF COURSE I can handle the chaos. But then if you put me into a competitive FPS (which many people are at least decent at) I'll show you new levels of failure. Gaming in general is subjective in that way. Most important thing is to just not get frustrated and not give up.

There are some things I think can help though. Like, one frustration I was having with Smash is the controls. The new dash cancelling system is pretty much THE big new feature for the game... important to it in the way that wavedashing was important to Melee. Everyone's loving it so far. But it makes some types of commands unusually difficult to do. Specifically, tilt attacks. Those have always driven me up the wall. I dont like analog sticks, never have, and having a command that requires only HALF pushing the stick to do it is really irritating.... particularly in such a fast-paced game. Try then doing that command instantly from a dash cancel! Ugh! I was getting really frustrated just trying to do it in the freaking training mode!

But then I find out: You can put the tilt commands on individual buttons (or on the second stick). Making it more like a traditional fighter (so tilt would be "light" attack and a smash attack would be "heavy", using traditional terms). I hadnt freaking realized that could be done! I only found out while watching someone stream it, and he explained it. That lets me have it control more like the traditional fighters that I'm more used to (well, aside from the fact that I use the second analog for smash attacks, but then I've always done that). The more you can simplify the controls of any fighting game, the more "mental space" you have for everything else (and fortunately, alot of actual developers have been realizing this lately). So if you're having some trouble, try experimenting with the controls in various ways... you might find it helps more than you'd think.

Also yes, the AI can be surprising. I'm never quite sure what it's going to do next. I kinda like that though. The more unpredictable the AI can be, the better! Granted this means that sometimes it has braindead easy moments, but other times it's just freaking brutal. And of course if it's not hard enough... you can always just add more opponents, heh.

I will say I've never liked the Final Smash thing though. Just.... eeeehhhh. I know supers are a common thing in fighting games, but the way it's implemented in Smash is just so screwy.

You can put the tilt commands on individual buttons
Hehe yes and even in melee you could do that^^

But It was not my console and not my game so I didnt bother with that, I just got invited to play so I did just that and it was fun !
Cap is my favorite character(before cloud went in but still cap is the best, cloud is like the 2nd best and IMO this is to weird to have him in smash,but this is one of my favorite childhhod character )
I realy loved it but I think too many things were going on in the game, but again maybe this is because we were 6!
When everybody got his smash bar filled and one by one they use it it looks a turn base game xD, I dont like how many final smashes break the action too.

I lost my character so many times during the fight xD during a game someone was playing pac man, another a builder costume mario ( yelow) and me pikachu xD we had no idea where we were half the game lol.

Something that make me even more lost in smash is maybe the fact that now the accelleration is stronger when you get ejected.

I cant wait the day when another friend will buy the game and we will play it longer and in 1v1 , this is the thing I love the most in the game 1v1 no item on a fair stage ^^
And they nerfed cap forwardsmash ! it has more range but longer to use now!

Anyway, it was very funny and I realy love how you can play this game in a way that allow everyonne to win or a more 'tryhard" way for people who wants more competition, I think this will be the best smash, closer to melee but wiith so much content in it !

Edit : And I'm so happy all the old characters are back, young link I loved him ! (oot fan)

Last edited:
Hehe yes and even in melee you could do that^^

But It was not my console and not my game so I didnt bother with that, I just got invited to play so I did just that and it was fun !
Cap is my favorite character(before cloud went in but still cap is the best, cloud is like the 2nd best and IMO this is to weird to have him in smash,but this is one of my favorite childhhod character )
I realy loved it but I think too many things were going on in the game, but again maybe this is because we were 6!
When everybody got his smash bar filled and one by one they use it it looks a turn base game xD, I dont like how many final smashes break the action too.

I lost my character so many times during the fight xD during a game someone was playing pac man, another a builder costume mario ( yelow) and me pikachu xD we had no idea where we were half the game lol.

Something that make me even more lost in smash is maybe the fact that now the accelleration is stronger when you get ejected.

I cant wait the day when another friend will buy the game and we will play it longer and in 1v1 , this is the thing I love the most in the game 1v1 no item on a fair stage ^^
And they nerfed cap forwardsmash ! it has more range but longer to use now!

Anyway, it was very funny and I realy love how you can play this game in a way that allow everyonne to win or a more 'tryhard" way for people who wants more competition, I think this will be the best smash, closer to melee but wiith so much content in it !

Edit : And I'm so happy all the old characters are back, young link I loved him ! (oot fan)

Ya know, you mention Cloud there.... I seriously wonder how in the hell they got Cloud into Smash at all. I mean, it doesnt make any sense! Not only is he not Nintendo's IP, but FF7 wasnt even on their consoles. So.... how? Why? It's bothered me quite a bit since he was added. I remember when he was originally announced, it reminded me of all those old rumors that floated around with the very first game... like people would talk about ways to get Sonic to appear despite him not actually being there and of course the rivalry with Sega... or how people would come up with a bazillion rumors for hidden Mortal Kombat characters in those games. Like, it seemed like it MUST be fake. Must be a joke. But then suddenly, there he was, freaking Cloud in Smash.

And now... Joker. I dont get it. I mean I get that he's popular and all but... again, HOW does that happen? And again, when I heard about it, I thought it was yet another hoax. But nope, it's real. I dont get it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... I dont really play JRPGs but it's still cool to see him being included. And then Nintendo also says "The other unrevealed DLC characters will be just as unexpected, characters you wouldnt anticipate ever being in Smash". I'm totally baffled as to what the other choices are, if they're that freaking out of left field. I am excited for Piranha Plant though, that one does of course make sense. It does also pretty much guarantee that Banjo & Kazooie wont be in there though (as they'd absolutely be expected).

Also yes, all the old characters being back is fantastic. I always hated it in any fighting game series when a favorite character would just vanish in the next installment... in most series, if the devs did this, I'd just outright stop playing entirely since it'd bother me so much (like with Guilty Gear, bah) though Smash was the exception.

Now if only the characters I want would freaking unlock. Still after K. Rool, and also now after Isabelle. Taken a liking to her for some reason. Those are the main ones I want, but they just... wont... show... up. I got Bowser at least though, he's always been one of my favorite characters of all time. And being able to have tilt commands be on the right stick makes him sooooooo much easier to use.

I have been spending the last couple of days playing the new DLC on Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Then I bought a game today called Just Cause 3 and spent an hour playing it. That game reminds me of the Farcry series.

I installed Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One S at my Parents' last night.

Didn't think it'd work but it did.

Castlevania Requiem for the PS4. This includes two games: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Both oldies but goodies.

Rondo of Blood packs quite a challenge as far as old-school Castlevania goes (possibly the most difficult IMO), and Symphony of the Night really is a true classic that you won't regret playing.

Last edited:
Still more Smash. Perhaps too much Smash.

I finally unlocked both K. Rool and Isabelle. I dont know why I took such a liking to Isabelle, but suddenly I had to have her... took ages to get her to show up.

Worth the wait. She fits my loopy playstyle perfectly. Subsequent fights werent so much "fights" as they were massacres. Her moveset is so freaking odd... I'd expected her to be totally similar to Villager but her moveset is significantly different. The tree move that Villager had is replaced by the... er... "plant a rocket in the ground for no reason" thing (which will then activate and shoot upwards if the opponent steps on it, or it can be set off remotely with no animation on Isabelle's part), and the side rocket is replaced by the fishing rod... I'm convinced the fishing rod is one of the best special moves in the game. I'm glad I changed my control setup though to have the right stick do tilt attacks as she's extremely dependant on them. Her tilt attacks are unusually strong (a trait normally reserved for heavy characters like Bowser), while her smash attacks are unusually hard to hit with. She does though have what's probably the worst basic jab attack in the game so far.

K. Rool is also good, as I'd hoped he'd be. I tend to like heavy characters in fighting games since they're so tanky, and he works very well as one. What makes him unusual for a heavy though is his ranged attacks... usually heavy characters dont do those much, but he has two projectiles and both are excellent. If you hit with the crown, it can hit a second time and combo into his other projectile, which then follows up with the Bizarro Vacuum or whatever it is. Anything this guy does hits like a freight train. Very good recovery move too, though it's mostly useless for doing damage. Isabelle has that same trait.

Mostly I've been doing Classic mode over and over and over in an effort to get characters unlocked, since a new character popping up is guaranteed after every run. Most of the characters I've tried so far are decently good... no real duds yet, though I hear the biggest duds are the three Mii fighters. You'd think they'd make those 3 better considering the emphasis on customizing them. Apparently not. Classic mode is a good time, though the bosses can be more than a little frustrating. Ganon in particular... I hope someone got fired for that. I'll say that Link's run through Classic was a special brand of irritating.

And did I mention the game is more difficult than previous installments? The AI has gotten a major boost. I'm genuinely surprised at it. And there's ALOT of fights where the difficulty can get more than a little absurd.

On a side note, I've developed a blazing hatred for the Fire Emblem characters. All of them.

I finally managed to install WWE 2k19 to the Xbox at my Parents' tonight, wouldn't install before but there was an update on my Xbox yesterday, and stuff works now.

Plus I still have nearly 1 TB left of a 2 TB external hard drive I bought nearly 6 years ago.

Last edited:
Still more Smash.

Omigod the AI in this game is incredible. Not that it doesnt have it's derp moments, but... actual players also have derp moments, so that's fine.

The vast majority of the time though... the AI is bloody fantastic. In all of my years of playing fighting games, this is the first time I"ve found an AI that feels more like playing against an actual person. Specifically an actual person who is good at the game. *Most* actual players I've played against over the years arent as good as these things are.

I'd heard about this many times online, but didnt believe it until really trying it myself in proper 1v1 matches against it.

This is easily the most fun I've had with a fighting game in singleplayer, period. And it's *fantastic* practice.

I've also decided on Isabelle as my main. I still find her inclusion in the game to be hilarious though. Goes from the happy, fluffy escapades of Animal Crossing, to HORRIBLE VIOLENCE in Smash. Also funny is that so many of her attacks look accidental, except for the one where she pulls out an umbrella and outright whacks someone over the head with it. Her Final Smash is the weird bit though. Let's build a house at the enemy, that'll learn 'em a thing or two...

Tonight I started a new play through of Dragon Age Inquisition. Rolled an elf this time around, and went archer spec so this should be fun.

So my quest to Git Gud at Smash continues. I am up to finally facing off against level 9 AIs. These things are insane. Partly after so much time with the series way back when... these don't act like the AIs of old. Like, they chase you off the freaking stage now, something you normally only see the most competitive players do (as it's one of the harder things to learn in the game). And they'll do all sorts of techy tricks and wacky stuff. You can actually learn a lot about a character by watching how the AI uses them. Again, I am super impressed.

I continue to work mostly on Isabelle. Something I've discovered about her is that she's a super-campy character. Like, remember Guile in the old Street Fighter games? His entire function was to sit there and throw Sonic Booms at you until you went bat#%^# insane and charged at him, so that he could punish you and start the process over again. Isabelle is running off of a similar concept, just a lot more exciting. Firstly, there's the Lloyd Mine, which is one screwy name for a move. If you're using her right, you will always have one in the ground, and you will stay near it, forcing your opponent to take a risk when they come at you. If they are refusing to get close, fishing rod! Bloody amazing move, that. If they throw a projectile? Steal it! You can hold them indefinitely, so surprise your opponent with it. Satisfying as heck to snatch up Samus's charge attack (how does that even make sense though?) and just shove it up her nose at a random point.

But then there's The Slingshot. I don't normally spam moves in fighting games. Or at least, I didn't until I started using Isabelle. The Slingshot is her aerial forward/backward move. It shoots a very small, very fast projectile, and it does this with a very quick animation, allowing Isabelle to keep moving (unlike basically every other projectile in the game). You can just keep firing these without sacrificing mobility and defense. Each hit does only a bit of damage, but you JUST KEEP DOING IT. It can even start launching opponents pretty hard when they're over 50 damage or so (but you must be a bit closer to them). So basically, no matter what is happening, I am ALWAYS throwing those. Running at me? Slingshot. Jumping? Slingshot. Swinging at close range? Guess what, it's still good even point-blank. About to hit me with your controller because I've been doing that the entire match? MORE SLINGSHOT. Of course, this is Smash though, not Street Fighter, so move spamming doesn't ever really feel unfair or broken, since you have so many mobility options and things. Even heavy characters in this game are fast and can leap all over the place.

Also her recovery is bloody incredible. She's one of those rare characters that can technically fall off one side of the Battlefield stage, and come back up on the OTHER side. She is easily launched but very hard to KO due to how good she is at getting back onto the stage, and it turns out that her balloons (the up special) has super armor on the upper half of her hitbox (or something like that). Just because you chased her down and started hitting doesn't mean it's going to even nudge her.

So, yeah, that's fun. Whole cast of characters has been good so far. Ness and Lucas can go jump off a cliff though. I hate them so much.

New Threads

Top Bottom