• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Let's see...GTA V, AC Black Flag, AC Rogue, Prey, South Park the Fractured But..., NFS Rivals...I've been playing a lot, specially in holidays hehe

Wolfenstein 3D on a site linked to on here last week. I also played Soul Calibur 6 on Xbox.

I have gotten Dwarf Fortress installed. It took 5 billion years to get the bloody thing working the way I wanted it. Godforsaken tiles.

It's been awhile... screwups are almost guaranteed here.

The fortress is named "Clobberedfates the Bloody Fortress of Beginnings" Yes, the game tends to name things that way, if you've never seen it. Some of the names are hilarious. "Crystal of Squirting" is something I sure never expected to read anywhere.

It's certainly the fate of this group of dwarves to be clobbered by something, and likely, the fort will indeed end up being rather bloody.

Judging by the fact that the area seems to be full of hippos and giant roaches, it seems obvious as to where the source of the clobbering will come from.

I do know what I'm doing in the game, but only to a certain degree. Dwarf Fortress has an incredibly harsh learning curve... more like a learning cliff covered in acid spikes. Much of that learning comes from getting obliterated.

Right now I must simply focus on the basics. Gotta dig, gotta farm, gotta…. other stuff.

Been playing Spyro Reignited on Xbox this week, I need to try and get some points on the achievements leader board this month, it's now the 18th and I ain't got a single achievement yet.

I just started AC Unity, Rogue was very short, around 17h main story. Also, Borderlands: The Pre-sequel

Well I'm back home, and that means VR again! Finally. I havent been able to touch it all month.

First I had to recalibrate the bloody thing entirely. Somehow things had gotten out of alignment. This also left me with a bigger play area somehow.

After flying around a bit in Google Earth, I decided to check out some stuff in SteamVR. Always a good time, that. THere's all sorts of creative and interesting things to see in there. Did the cache thing for the week, and then went to look at new maps.

Ooh, there's a map based on SCP Containment Breach! I love that. It's a demo version of an upcoming really big map. It's got all the right sounds and textures, and fully functional doors... yep, looks right out of the game. A bit scary, but hey, it's empty, so....

A bit of wandering and... SCP-173's chamber. The big door is closed, no switch to open it. So, nothing there is active then, that's good. Let's go check out the upper walkway, maybe there's something up there. Ooh, a control room. Huh, nothing much in there. Well, let's go back out and-

Oh gods the big door is open. I didnt do that.

uuuuuuuuuugh 173 is actually in there.

Let me tell you this: Horror games/things are a very, VERY different experience in VR (as they well should be). And anyone familiar with the SCP Foundation knows just what 173 can do and how it works. It's the most infamous one for a reason.

And it's full-size. AKA, huge. Taller than I am.

Having that unholy nightmare standing RIGHT FREAKING THERE instead of on a screen is... well...

Didnt take long before I nope'd the hell out of there and back to a different map. And I made sure to stare right at 173 the whole time I was using the menus to get out. If I'd looked away and it turned out that 173 was fully implemented and ready to do it's thing, well.... I'd have jumped out of my freaking socks.

I started AC Unity, tried some Ace Combat Assault Horizont. BTW if someone is on GTA V Online, add me, my name is jorgcr14

Star Ocean: The Second Story. I've had it for awhile, but I've only just gotten around to playing it. It's fun and I like it a lot, but I wish there was a way to turn off the terrible voice acting. I've also been slowly trying to catch a Feebas in Pokemon Ruby. I know it's going to take forever, but I'm really going to try and find one this time.

Stardew Valley and Warframe most recently. But I don't have much time now so if I can't nolifing then I would rather don't play at all.

Factorio v.0.17.8

Hooked doesn't adequately describe the effect of the game on my OCD... lol....
It is the only game I've played in a while that has kept me awake until 5am & just for that I like it. It has a great gameplay loop that satisfies my inner geek & it is an emergent logic puzzle. The design choices are up to you as you lay out the base/conveyor belt plans on the fly or with the help of YouTube by looking for examples of Factory/smelter array setups. It will blow your mind as you realise the possible complexity you could achieve should you dip into the logic control switches as such... omg brain melt ahoy.

PS- This lady has some good videos on YouTube regarding most gameplay aspects with good info on what is
needed to get the base up to a good production level. Link = KatherineOfSky
There's also a demo available at Factorio if you want to test it out. :)

Last edited:
Recently I have been playing Cities: Skylines. That ticks all my "gotta obsessively organise stuff" boxes. I can also still play it even when the brain is rather exhausted.

I also really like Two Point Hospital. The original Theme Hospital was one of my all time favourites when I was a little girl.

I realised yesterday that StarCraft II was free to play so I thought I'd try it to see how it compared with other real time strategy games I briefly tried in the past. It's okay I guess... I'll try it out for a bit longer I think, but I'm getting the impression that strategy games are just not for me still. Shame, but at least I've tried it out.

Factorio v.0.17.8

Hooked doesn't adequately describe the effect of the game on my OCD... lol....
It is the only game I've played in a while that has kept me awake until 5am & just for that I like it. It has a great gameplay loop that satisfies my inner geek & it is an emergent logic puzzle. The design choices are up to you as you lay out the base/conveyor belt plans on the fly or with the help of YouTube by looking for examples of Factory/smelter array setups. It will blow your mind as you realise the possible complexity you could achieve should you dip into the logic control switches as such... omg brain melt ahoy.

PS- This lady has some good videos on YouTube regarding most gameplay aspects with good info on what is
needed to get the base up to a good production level. Link = KatherineOfSky
There's also a demo available at Factorio if you want to test it out. :)

Oh geez, been the same with me. I started on the game about a month ago, I think it was? I've since decided that it's one of the top 3 games I have on my PC. It's just amazing. I never tire of making hideous spaghetti disasters that look like they shouldnt work but somehow do. And the sheer amount of content in the game is ridiculous! There's no shortage of stuff to do or use and all those options means that there's a million ways to approach the game. Well, sort of. I wish there were more options for extreme distance transportation of stuff.... I ended up totally hating the trains, but there's not much alternative other than cross-country belts (which seem silly no matter how I look at it).

Best part though: It's a game all about automation, but there's never a dull moment. No WAITING. That always bugged me about things like city-builder games and whatnot, you'd have these periods where you had to wait a bit for stuff to happen before taking your next action. But not in Factorio. There's *always* stuff to do.

As it is I was playing just a bit ago, and it seems my first playthrough has come to an end. It was like a Dwarf Fortress tantrum spiral, except the things throwing the tantrums were my boilers and the coal line. Whole factory shut down, and then the biters chose that exact bloody moment to go bonkers. Game over, man! Game over!

It was a good playthrough attempt though. I got quite far, up to the point of producing blue chips and attempting to make modules. I have learned many things, I will apply those to a new playthrough now.

Well, except for learning how to be organized. That'll never happen. I'm about as organized as a tornado. Always there will be spaghetti. Always. But that's part of the fun.

And yeah, I found KoS's channel soon after picking up the game. She does great videos. I was particularly thankful for her tutorial that explains all the mechanics surrounding oil, that was the first thing I got genuinely confused on.

Oh geez, been the same with me. I started on the game about a month ago, I think it was? I've since decided that it's one of the top 3 games I have on my PC. It's just amazing. I never tire of making hideous spaghetti disasters that look like they shouldnt work but somehow do. And the sheer amount of content in the game is ridiculous! There's no shortage of stuff to do or use and all those options means that there's a million ways to approach the game. Well, sort of. I wish there were more options for extreme distance transportation of stuff.... I ended up totally hating the trains, but there's not much alternative other than cross-country belts (which seem silly no matter how I look at it).

I know what you mean... though Trains are on my to do list, as are... circuits, drones (all types) Uranium processing & those damn bugs.. :confused: don't even ask how I use Oil.... that is a toughie to get stable. Playing on peaceful mode so I get a chance to see the Tech tree & get a feel for how to expand the systems in a meaningful way. Those bugs are very aggressive in this new release v.0.17 & it seems I have a tight line to balance. But Factorio is being constantly updated (might become less harsh), if you didn't know v.0.17 is a major update, new graphics with GPU Shader use. Plus a reworking of some manufacturing formulas has been implemented.

New Threads

Top Bottom