• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

I grew up in Adelaide, the city with Australia's highest concentration of British migrants. As I travelled around my country I had a lot of people ask me how long I'd been in Australia or if I was a Kiwi.
I'm in the US, in Kentucky. So, I'm a de facto hillbilly. It's funny, because even though I avoid online gaming, I have spoken to some people in other parts of the world on my headset, and I've gotten reactions like, "WHOA. You are from the south." Which to us, we all sound this way. But the accent has become commonly known through television and movies, so even a friend in Poland immediately knew where I was from. But it's funny, because if you go further out into the more rural places, the accent is so thick we can barely understand some of those folks.

I had a boss once that used to like working the conversation around into getting me to say a word like School or Pool because the way I said it tickled him. I can't hear how I'm saying it any differently to anyone else. I know it's different from reactions I get from people but I can't hear it myself.

I had a boss once that used to like working the conversation around into getting me to say a word like School or Pool because the way I said it tickled him. I can't hear how I'm saying it any differently to anyone else. I know it's different from reactions I get from people but I can't hear it myself.
Around here it's absolutely dropping the L out of words, for some. My mother can't say wolf, she says woof. She doesn't say cold, she says code. Or even worse... Warsh, instead of wash. Oh, it drives me bonkers. It's usually older people that still speak that way, though. As the area has become less rural and more urban, the younger generation doesn't seem to be attaching to the regional dialects quite the same.

absolutely dropping the L out of words,
I grew up across the road from a Dutch family, their mother had a similar problem, she couldn't put an L before another consonant. Milluk. Fillum. "You come to Craigies birthday party? He's turning twelluve."

None of the rest of the family had this problem, only Anne.

Factorio, on Switch! Probably the greatest game of all time, and now it's playable with a controller.

If anyone wants to join, I have the worst 10-hour spaghetti base in existence going on. lol

Factorio, on Switch! Probably the greatest game of all time, and now it's playable with a controller.

If anyone wants to join, I have the worst 10-hour spaghetti base in existence going on. lol

Yes, that's exactly what I'm playing as well.

I already had the game before on Steam, but as I cant hold a mouse for all that long it never got played all that much despite me liking it a lot. But now, suddenly it supports controllers, so.... yep, that's all I've done the last few days.

Oh my soul!

I'm playing THE best game it's called Insurgency Sandstorm. It's better than Battlefield 5 and COD.

Its an ultra realistic fps and it makes me feel like an animal because you have to survive.

Its on sale for 19.99 right now I highly recommend it but it's got Xa learning curve that is steep.

These ads on this site d deter me from posting I only have a phone and the ads block out the screen

I beat New Super Mario U Deluxe today. Had decided to get all the way through it before the new PC showed up. The 8th world, which was clearly designed by a maniac, consisted almost entirely of me shouting "WHY?!!?!?" at the screen. Dont remember the last time I got that loud while gaming (fortunately I'm the only one home right now). Of course there's still the extra crazy stuff to go yet. But for now, a break, lest I go insane.

I've been playing BioShock 2 Remastered. I credit this series with convincing me that video games can tell just as good of a story as movies and books, but having said that, a lot of the lore goes over my head and I have trouble keeping up with it at times.

Pokémon Violet. I am making quite a bit of progress. Two of the bosses I’ve fought so far went down much faster than I had expected. One of them was finished after three hits in two rounds.

I've been playing BioShock 2 Remastered. I credit this series with convincing me that video games can tell just as good of a story as movies and books, but having said that, a lot of the lore goes over my head and I have trouble keeping up with it at times.
Bioshock games are amazing but sometimes it is difficult to understand the full lore. I recently finished my playthrough of the whole trilogy (finished Bioshock infinite for the first time) and some of it was a bit confusing. I used to be a bit of a nerd for lore but I think most of that was for Dragon Age…Hope you enjoy the game! Killing things as a Big Daddy is most satisfying. =D

Got around to playing and beating dark souls 2, took roughly 40 hours. What a lovely game though. I like the fantasy genre but it's usually not exactly the most inspiring content. Dark souls 2 doesn't pull any punches though, everything is whimsical and imaginative. It's difficult to count just how many interesting designs for environments and monsters there are in this. And supposedly From Software repeated this creativity not once but 7 times over all their recent action rpg titles. Baffling talent. I fear your average fantasy dungeon crawler is going to feel so empty and drab if you play them right after playing something like this. Best switch genre entirely for a while.

48502804422_f3b81e8c1d_b.jpg

Got around to playing and beating dark souls 2, took roughly 40 hours. What a lovely game though. I like the fantasy genre but it's usually not exactly the most inspiring content. Dark souls 2 doesn't pull any punches though, everything is whimsical and imaginative. It's difficult to count just how many interesting designs for environments and monsters there are in this. And supposedly From Software repeated this creativity not once but 7 times over all their recent action rpg titles. Baffling talent. I fear your average fantasy dungeon crawler is going to feel so empty and drab if you play them right after playing something like this. Best switch genre entirely for a while.

48502804422_f3b81e8c1d_b.jpg
i love fromsoft games! i played demon souls on ps3 in high school and was terrible at it, but loved it nonetheless, i missed dark souls 1 and 2, but got back in with 3, and am loving elden ring

New Threads

Top Bottom