• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Type of Thinker Are You? Quiz

For me I came out as Spatial thinker. It gives in the results, other people with the same type of mind set, and occupations.

Very interesting. has this been tested on NT's? It would be really interesting to see if there is a difference, but even so,, it's a fun quiz! :)

This was a fun quiz to take! My results showed that I was a "musical" thinker, which I didn't expect at all. Of course, I didn't know there was such a thing.

A-0
B-2
C-0
D-8
I am an Associative Fact Thinker:geek:.
This sufficiently coincides to my results on the 'My MBTI Personality Type Test', on which I was INTJ (Mastermind):
"Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others."

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Nyades, post: 33996

A's - Incremental Visual Thinker.
Your brain thinks in a visual manner similar to watching a slide show. When learning, you are most interested in the outcome or results. Because you easily reason by comparing the results of past experiences with the current situation, you are adept at predicting the outcome of a series of events.
You strengths include a decent amount of common sense and an ability to understand common situations. Your weakness is that your communication ability is hindered since you must translate your visual thoughts into words.[/QUOTE]

I got 9 A's & 1 D

I'm very much an "A".

(The following quiz I've created as an attempt to help me figure out myself and others. It is based on my own developing theories and should not be considered as any sort of truth. Note: I am not a psychologist or researcher, I just simply get stuck on things and excessively analyze them. I figured it could be fun to discuss the concepts and even our own results.)

What Type of Thinker Are You Quiz Directions:
Select the answer that is closest to your initial response for each question. There are 10 questions and no wrong answers. When finished total your choices (i.e. 5 B's, 3 A's, 2 C's, and 0 D's) then refer to the "key" following the quiz.

1) When you mentally combine 2 eggs, a dog, and a kitchen table you get:

A. An image of a pet lover's kitchen.
B. A dog stealing eggs from a kitchen table.
C. Unusual images such as a dog shaped table with "paw" feet.
D. A variety of possible storylines.

2) A friend tells you they are upset, what do you do?

A. Find out what happened and compare it to something similar that has happened to you so you can sympathize and be supportive.
B. Find out what happened so you can understand the situation and be supportive.
C. Find out what happened to identify what went wrong and how it can be avoided in the future.
D. Find out all the details, determine a goal that would improve the situation, then identify the various steps required to meet the goal.

3) In a specific scenerio, if 2 + 2 does NOT equal 4, then will 2 + 3 equal 5?

A. No. Because 2 is not 2.
B. Yes, if 3 equals 5 minus 2.
C. It is impossible to determine because nothing is defined.
D. Possibly, assuming that + means combine AND if 3 equals 5 minus 2, or if 3 equals 5 and 2 equals 0, or if 3 equals 5 and 5 equals 0.

4) How would you classify the following?
"Horse, cow, squirrel, manatee"

A. Horse, cow, squirrel, manatee or "animals".
B. 12 arms/legs and one marine animal.
C. Farm, farm, tree, ocean.
D. All are vegetarians/herbivores, forage or graze, are mammals, etc.

5) Which is most like the association you make with the word "red"?

A. Traffic signal/sign.
B. Embarrassed, anger, hot objects, communism, etc.
C. Various red objects (red hair, red car, etc).
D. Port side of a vessel, railroad workers, etc.

6) Tim walks into a room where Jake is sitting. What will likely happen next?

A. Tim and Jake will interact.
B. At least one will notice the other, or not.
C. It will depend on other details such as what type of room they are occupying.
D. Virtually anything could happen next regardless of any details.

7) Does the following sentence make sense?
"A lead shoe is not practical."

A. No.
B. Maybe.
C. Yes.
D. Yes and no.

8) How would you most easily recall the number 7035?

A. By color and sound.
B. Remember that 35 is half of 70.
C. By the shape (pattern) it would make if you connected those numbers in that order on a phone key pad.
D. Associate each number with a fact. i.e. 7 is a popular "lucky" number, superstitions are void = 0, etc.

9) If you had unlimited time, money, and credentials, which would you find most enjoyable?

A. Purchase your dream home and car.
B. Invest enough money to live off the interest and enjoy your free time.
C. Establish a museum or large collection.
D. Open a research lab and study institute.

10) A drawer will not close, what are you most likely to do?

A. Try to close it a couple more times, then give up.
B. Remove the drawer to look for anything obstructing it's path, though find nothing and give up.
C. After finding no obstruction, remove another drawer and compare it's hardware components for differences indicating damage, though find no damage and give up.
D. After ruling out obstruction and hardware damage, you then alter the locations temperature and humidity levels for several hours and later try to close the drawer again.

A's - Incremental Visual Thinker.
Your brain thinks in a visual manner similar to watching a slide show. When learning, you are most interested in the outcome or results. Because you easily reason by comparing the results of past experiences with the current situation, you are adept at predicting the outcome of a series of events.
You strengths include a decent amount of common sense and an ability to understand common situations. Your weakness is that your communication ability is hindered since you must translate your visual thoughts into words.

B's - Incremental Fact Thinker.
Your brain thinks and reasons in a basic mathematical fashion combining facts. When learning, you are most interested in the outcome or results. Because you can easily reason by comparing the results of past experiences with the current situation, you are adept at predicting the outcome of a series of events.
Your strengths include exceptional common sense and an ability to relate to / communicate with others. Your weaknesses center around a lack of developed creative ability.

C's - Associative Visual Thinker.
Your brain thinks and reasons in a visual manner similar to analyzing a collage of photographs. When learning, you are most interested in the how's and why's, processes, of things. You are competent in finding the means to a specific predefined outcome. Because you process so much information in a multitude of ways, it is impossible for you to determine the most likely outcome of a series of events. All possible outcomes seem equally as likely to you. As a result you have little to no "common sense ".
Your strengths include an exceptional creativity and an abilty to find correlations between seemingly unrelated things. Your weaknesses include difficulty communicating and interacting with others.

D's - Associative Fact Thinker.
Your brain thinks in a complex mathematical manner resembling matrices or reading binary but where facts replace the numbers and the information is processed in every direction . When learning, you are most interested in the how's and why's,processes, of things. You are competent at discovering and creating systems. Because you process so much information in a multitude of ways, it is impossible for you to decide on the most likely outcome of a series of events. As a result, you have virtually no "common sense".
Your strengths include an ability to collect, organize and analyze information. You also have a keen ability to find associations and correlations between seemingly unrelated data. Your weaknesses include dificulty comprehending, communicating, and interacting with others.
3 A's
2 B's
4 C's Associative Visual Thinker 40%
1 D

Laughing owl has just sent me a message, informing me of this thought proccess quiz BBC - Science & Nature - Leonardo - Thinker quiz
Apparently I am an Existential Thinker.

I keep company with:
The Buddah
Gandhi
Plato
Socrates
& Martin Luther King

Existential Thinkers make good:
Philosophers
Heads of State
Religious Leaders
Artists
Writers

-which is good because I'm an artist and a writer (plus I happen to be religious which somewhat confirms the accuracy of this quiz).

A 6 Incremental Visual Thinker
B 1
C 2
D 1

I'm not actually a very visual thinker. I'm actually more of a verbal thinker. This has been confirmed by IQ tests.

I have 5 Bs and 5 Ds, so I have exceptional common sense except when I have no common sense at all. This is a plausible outcome. However, this is also a fair approximation of my actual math grades, so I'm not sure how to interpret this except as an example of Murphy's Law of Biological Research:

"Under the most tightly controlled lab conditions, the organism will do as it damn well pleases."

Which would also surprise no one.

EDIT: I work in a capacity in which I draw a lot, and I have also won awards and business selling my own artwork, so I'm somewhat confused by these outcomes.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom