• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Type of Thinker Are You? Quiz

I think having a fill in the blank option E would be advantageous for further developing each styles description, though it wouldn't be feasible to calculate it towards a person's score.

That's why it's necessary to have human interperetation of these things- Exact results for each individual couldn't be purely mathmatical. This would also introduce room for human error, but that is the risk we all take when we get out of bed each morning!

A 4 Incremental visual thinker
B 2
C 3
D 1

A & C seem to be strengths I would say that is fairly accurate:D

Incremental visual thinker - yeah, I do need to translate my visual thoughts into words first before speaking and it is much like a motion sequence. I've a lot more common sense now than when I was younger, and common situations are a lot less stressful, but that's the result I got per your scoring method so there you go. This isn't conclusive for me, but some of this I can relate to and besides, I'm bored and took this quiz just for fun :D

Question 8 stumped me though...if I remember numbers just by seeing them or sometimes sounding them out, does it count as color or sound? Like if I see a black and white or color image (which I do), is this right?

Those are good points. I definitely should have added to the directions "If none of the given answer options are similar your answer, then leave the question unanswered and skip to the next question".

As for whether or not results can be inconclusive, I suspect that theoretically a person can have more than one dominant style of thinking. I have been noticing the trend of people tending to have their highest results divided between both Visual styles or both a Fact styles.

Though I was split between As and Cs, I think my actual thinking style fits the description for A more closely than C. This was a really interesting quiz! I'm impressed at how much work must have gone into developing it.

Question 8 stumped me though...if I remember numbers just by seeing them or sometimes sounding them out, does it count as color or sound? Like if I see a black and white or color image (which I do), is this right?

Yes, I'd put that as an "A" answer.

To AC people,
Based on everyone's feedback here, I've reworked the quiz a little and put it on it's own page:

https://sites.google.com/site/thinkingstylesstudy/

so that people can use or submit their answers and feedback anonymously. I think if I can get enough responses I'll list any resulting correlations and statistics on a future subpage of that site. Although I'm not qualified to make any inferences, maybe the information could prove useful or at least interesting for others someday.

To AC people,
Based on everyone's feedback here, I've reworked the quiz a little and put it on it's own page:

https://sites.google.com/site/thinkingstylesstudy/

so that people can use or submit their answers and feedback anonymously. I think if I can get enough responses I'll list any resulting correlations and statistics on a future subpage of that site. Although I'm not qualified to make any inferences, maybe the information could prove useful or at least interesting for others someday.

I've decided against using a form as I probably won't get anything done all winter if I have data to analyze, so I put it on my random ideas blog instead just to make it available for other people to consider. (It will also allow me to move on to another subject to think about.)

A - 0
B - 4
C - 4
D - 1

So....Incremental Fact Thinker and Associatie Visual Thinker? These two almost contradict each other in a way. Tho' I feel like I'm more Associative Visual, for the most part.

A - 3
B - 4
C - 3
D - 0

Conclusion: well, at least we know what I ain't. :)

It looks like only me and Geordie are B's. Makes sense we both studied accounting.

A-2
B-5
C-1
D-1

What if our preference for different philosophers (as noted in a different thread,) was connected with our respective thinking styles? Suppose we each preferred the philosopher that was himself was in our own thinking-style category?

Lots of A's.

For this one I realized I was saying in my head "Seven Oh Three Five". So the sounds were what mattered.

In parentheses I have my final answers and after them anything that would be also possible, but not as my first option.

A ( ) 1
B (2) 3
C (3) 7
D (5) 5

So that every time I end up associating things I prefer it to be factual based, and every time it can be that, I keep it as it. If it's not possible for reason or another, I'll associate some way another. Everything is all about possible outcomes for me, and I'm at constant confusion about everything because of that. Nailed it.

A-2
B-3
C-3
D-2

I find it interesting that I ended up with the same amount of B's and C's, especially since the descriptions are exact opposites

For me I got

1 A
2 Bs
3 Cs
1 D

but does fit in with me being more of a visual thinker

For me questions 1 and 8 stumped me I could not see an obvious answer and for question 9 the options did not fit in with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom