• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What songs did you lsiten to in your childhood?

depends what you class as a childhood.
I dont class myself having a childhood but if you mean when i was a child below age 12 i only had listened to slipknot and limp biscit and i think scooter if he had the logical song already out.
And after 12 I listened to everything and too many types of music to even list.

Alot of the songs back in the days, but mainly Michael Jackson as he was my idol singer back in the days.
I would used to cry if my favourite song ended. (pretty weird eh? But that was when I was 3).

Also when I was a child, pop music invaded the everyday lives so thats all I would end up listening to.
I look back now and I just think to myself, did I used to like that song? :mellow:

I do look back and have a good laugh out of it. :p

The songs from my junior school discos remind me of my childhood (which now is 2004 and before, after that it's adolescence).
I used the love the music they played. Especially the song "blue - one love" I would sing that out loud.

The Beatles
Mr Blue Sky by ELO
so many 60s compilations...my friend had one which I was obsessed with. I'd borrow it for months on end and my mum would make copies of it on cassette for me.
The popcorn song.
Lena Zavaroni.
Simon and Garfunkel- my dad playing their music in the kitchen.

Michael W. Smith, Martina McBride... and some random songs by random artists that I liked (I can't remember most of them though). Back then I mostly liked what the rest of my family liked, but now I'm more independent about it. =)

Children's records....on colored vinyl: red, gray, clear/transparent. On a small record player that was just for me.
"Buffalo Gals" was a particular favorite of mine.

1f3b5

Last edited:
Here are some of my favorite songs from when I was a kid:

"Crazy for This Girl" - Evan & Jaron
"She's So High" - Tal Brachman
"Slide" - Goo Goo Dolls
"Walking On Sunshine" - Katrina & The Waves
"Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel
"Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" - WHAM!

Billy Joel; Frank Sinatra; Jimmy Buffett
Stand ins: Chicago and Moody Blues

When I was nine I knew a huge number of those songs "by heart"; we had a disc shuffle and those were on it pretty much all the time.
When I tell people this they sometimes get an odd look of understanding on their face but I'm not sure what it means.

When I was real young I was a huge Michael Jackson fan I had the album bad on cassette and use to play it heaps.

As a young child, I liked:
-The Beatles
-Debbie Gibson
-Salt n' Peppa

As a tween, I liked:
-TLC
-No Doubt
-The Beatles

As a teenager, I liked:

-The Smashing Pumpkins (I was OBSESSED actually)
-Green Day
-Linken Park
-Eminem
-Korn
-Nine Inch Nails
-The Beatles

Growing up, my dad always had old school r&b and soul music playing. Stuff like The Temptations and The Miracles and, my favorite, The Delfonics.

Last edited:
I remember poring through my Mums MASSIVE vinyl collection when i was young, i loved the smell of the vinyl and remember feeling awe in it's truest use for the first time listening to all the different sounds and the associated complex sensory geometries that washed over me or pulsed or felt like your face after it has been struck hard with a closed fist ad infinitum.

I'm still kind of a child lol... When I was a very young child, I enjoyed classical and folk music. That's all I knew until 5th grade. Oops. Now I just listen to Panic! At The Disco, Nirvana, Fall Out Boy, and LOTS of classical music (young composer here)

When I was little, Genesis was one of my main groups. I also liked Seals & Crofts. Summer Breeze has been one of my favorites since I was 9 :)

When I was little I had a pretty pathetic history when it came to friends. I didn't have my first till 3rd grade. Anyways at recess when everyone was out being a regular social butterfly I'd sit at the swing by myself and sing whatever I heard on the radio. Stuff like Gorillaz, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and whatever else I had stuck in my head

When I was staying with my aunt or grandmother, a lot of Disco, British Rock and, beach music with some metal mixed in. When I was home with my parents, only gospel music was allowed.

Well my parents were pretty laid back but strict when needed. My dad used to think that the Mature rating on video games meant it'd make me smarter so guess who got GTA3 when he was 6 for his birthday

When I was very little, I wouldn't listen to anything except Mozart or Beethovin. When I was in fourth or fifth grade, a person doing respite care for me played cd's in his car as well as a rock station (instead of the usual pop or country stations, which I hated with a fiery burning passion of hate). We listened to Weird Al Yankovic, which was funny, I guess, even though I hadn't heard the original songs, and to Metallica, to which I was an easy convert. Since then, nearly all of the music I've listened to on purpose has either had some heavy metal influence, or had some influence on heavy metal. Most recently, my tastes are even more metallic.

New Threads

Top Bottom