• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What original Xbox games have aged well?

Gritches

The Happy Dog
V.I.P Member
I'm thinking about buying an original Xbox (my first one got stolen) so I can play through some of the games that defined my childhood. Games like KOTOR made me the person I am today.

There are like 3 games I want to play again, but there were hundreds of games for Xbox that were considered great (Ninja Gaiden, anyone?). However, I'm all too familiar with the concept of rose-tinted glasses when it comes to classic games. If I'm going to bother with this, I want to get more than just those 3 games.

Problem is, some games have "aged well", and some haven't. For a more recent example, the original BioShock has not aged well. Neither has the original Just Cause. More recent games have spoiled us, because companies have gotten pretty darn good at making video games.

So my question is: for a gamer spoiled by more evolved modern games, what Xbox classics are still good? What's aged well? I don't know if I'm being at all clear by what I mean by that...

P.S. I know I could just get a hard drive for my 360, but for long reasons that don't bear explaining I can't do that.

Have a look at reviews on various sites such as Xbox.com, Gamefaqs etc, although I was watching a video on Facebook earlier of the 360 version of Crazy Taxi on backward compatibility, and it looks great, I just hate driving games because like a real car I find them hard to control.

Apparently stuff like KOTOR is backward compatible on the Xbox One, might be more expensive for you to get, but there are over 200 360 titles available on backward compatibility on the 'One, the full list of course is on Xbox.com.

I've recently being playing the Fable trilogy, as I like involving role playing games, so the Fable games are my thing, they work really well on the Xbox One as BC titles.

Also, retro 360 titles are probably dirt cheap on eBay and in various game shops, as are original Xbox titles.

Some of the best original Xbox games I used to play were Top Spin (arguably one of the best Tennis sims since Super Tennis on the SNES IMO), Blinx the Time Sweeper, Kung Fu Chaos, and Odd World, the first one, alnd also Stranger's Wrath, Fable was also excellent on the original Xbox as well, and Shenmue, which debuted on the Sega Dream Cast years before.

In my opinion: Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

In my opinion: Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Battlefront!

And as a side note, I've noticed your sig: when I played Knights of the Old Republic, I also memorized the Sith Creed /fistbump

Took it as a life lesson too. Served me well.

I have to say, I really enjoyed Bioshock remastered, fell in love with the game all over again. But playing the original unremastered version after all those years was less pleasant.

And Fable still gives me all kinds of nostalgic feels.

I don'tplay but I saw Assassin's Creed and loved how historical it was!! I like the first one, the one with the Indian and the one where they were in Rome? What do you guys think?

I don'tplay but I saw Assassin's Creed and loved how historical it was!! I like the first one, the one with the Indian and the one where they were in Rome? What do you guys think?

I downloaded the India one on my Xbox One last week, and it's crap IMO.

Some of the other games were decent though.

I'd imagine all the fighting games would age well.

Streetfigher and tekken were my favourites, and I think they were on Xbox.

I still have one in the garage, maybe I'll dig it out.

Halo, but it's all on Xbox one now, so maybe no point. All the 1St person shooter will probably look dated I'd think.

The first two were great, but not seen the latest. I want the pirate one, black flag.

Im playing a tablet game now called Olympus rising thats a strategy game where you play Greek gods rebuilding mount Olympus. Really goes into great detail with Greek mythology, and I'm really hooked.

New Threads

Top Bottom