• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of cookies do you like?

I like sugar, chocolate chip, Oreos, and macademia nut cookies. Subway also makes some of the best cookies, and so do the Girls Scouts; I especially like the latter's Samoas and Do-si-do's.

I've been having to substitute certain ingredients for granulated sugar with liquid honey or maple syrup as the stores seem to have run out of white and brown granulated sugar. Same for all purpose flour, which has completely disappeared. Now using six grain flour, whole wheat flour, corn flour and oat flour.

The honey or maple syrup make any kind of cookie a bit softer, and they brown more quickly in the oven and are less crispy. The mix of different flours makes the cookies less light in taste, yet they do have some added fiber and nutrition.

I prefer cookies without sugar. The way you describe your substitute ingredients sounds perfect to me.

Do you know maybe if the cookie recipes that you can make without the oven are viable?

You can make microwaved cookies, which are slightly softer and made in smaller batches.

Basic Microwave Cookie Recipe

• 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of Sugar
  • 8.0 ounces (225 grams) of Flour
  • 8.0 ounces (225 grams) of butter or margarine
  • 1 tablespoon of baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract`
As you would with any cookie batter, mix the room temperature (for softness) butter or margarine and the sugar in a bowl. Then add the vanilla extract to this mixture. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together.

After that, mix the liquid and dry ingredients until they form a smooth paste. Shape the cookies by hand or with a microwave safe cookie mold – some cookie cutters are great for this, make sure you check for microwave safety first.

Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes until done – a toothpick will come out clean. The actual time will depend on your microwave oven’s power, age, and condition. Again, try different recipe variations and times until you find what works best.

Chocolate chips hot from the oven are my favourite.
I can eat store bought Oreos and Shortbread too.

How did I manage to forget about Oreos? Definitely add Oreos to my list.

I like the Golden Oreos the best, but I have to be very very careful, because they use the same yellow packaging for the Golden Oreos and Lemon Oreos ... And I really don't like lemon.

I prefer cookies without sugar. The way you describe your substitute ingredients sounds perfect to me.

You can substitute for granulated sugar in recipes with honey:

3/4 cup honey for every cup of sugar

A pinch of baking soda for each 1/4 cup reduces the acidity of the honey and adds lightness to your baked goods, which is needed because honey is more dense than sugar.

decrease the liquids in your recipe by 1/4 cup for each cup of honey you’re using.

Honey causes baked goods to brown faster than sugar does. To keep your baked goods perfectly golden brown, lower your oven temp by 25°F and monitor your baking time.

It's a bit more complicated, but the cookies turn out fine.

You can make microwaved cookies, which are slightly softer and made in smaller batches.

Basic Microwave Cookie Recipe

• 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of Sugar
  • 8.0 ounces (225 grams) of Flour
  • 8.0 ounces (225 grams) of butter or margarine
  • 1 tablespoon of baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract`
As you would with any cookie batter, mix the room temperature (for softness) butter or margarine and the sugar in a bowl. Then add the vanilla extract to this mixture. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together.

After that, mix the liquid and dry ingredients until they form a smooth paste. Shape the cookies by hand or with a microwave safe cookie mold – some cookie cutters are great for this, make sure you check for microwave safety first.

Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes until done – a toothpick will come out clean. The actual time will depend on your microwave oven’s power, age, and condition. Again, try different recipe variations and times until you find what works best.

Love it, going to try as soon as possible. Thank you! You're saving my poor cookie-starved tastebuds!

Can you make microwave cookies with honey?

The only cookies I don't like are the ones web pages leave behind on your computer. Back in the days of win 98 there was a program called Cookie Muncher that let the cookies be put on there but erased them as soon as you left the web page. I loved it. I've even had red bean ice cream and loved it. I make the best healthy dog cookies there are with 5 simple ingredients.

2 lbs regular oatmeal (Not Instant) ground in a food processor.

2.5 to 3 cups home made bone broth (I get venison bones from local processors for free make the broth and freeze it until needed)

1.5 lbs baked chicken breast ground or cut to paste with part of the broth in processor

1 lb natural peanut butter

12 oz parmesan cheese

Mix in Extra Large bowl
Put ingredients in bowl adding warmed broth (about 160 degrees is best) last.
(I mix mine by hand as I don't have a proper baking mixer)
When all ingredients are mixed well and no longer sticks to your hand roll dough 3/4 inch thick and cut into approximately 1 1/2 inch squares.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f and place cookies about 8 inches above heat (Adjust to what works best for your oven.)
Place on sprayed cookie sheets and cook for 30 minutes.
Turn them over and cook additional 30 minutes.
Take out and dump on towel/rags to cool.
Repeat. Makes two batches with two sheets with regular sized oven.
Refrigerate half and freeze the rest.
With Lucy they last me a month (She is 57 lbs of solid muscle).

Last edited:
@Mia Sorry I was editing for a long time. Gotta keep the dogs happy in these hard times too.

Used to make dog cookies too. Now I make cat cookies:) I've made these:

Cat treats
  • 1 (4-oz.) can tuna in spring water, well-drained and flaked
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon dried catnip
  • 1 large egg
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350°F. Process all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth, thick dough forms.

Step 2
Form dough into 80 (1/4-teaspoon-size) balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and slightly flatten each ball.

Step 3
Bake in preheated oven until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in air-tight container up to 5 days, or freeze.

(I bake them in tablespoon sized thin pieces, and then break them into smaller sizes, they work well if you use them for some training)

Homemade Cat Treats

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone could ever forget the oreo! I mean it's milk 's favorite cookie!

I used to be part of a team at work where we all sat in the same area and would talk to each other about projects and stuff. 6 months ago, I got moved to a team that is on the other side of the continent. So, to make sure I'm actually being social, every few weeks, I buy a box of regular Oreos, a box of golden Oreos, and a half-gallon of milk, and I invite everyone from my old team to have cookies and milk together in our little conference area.

Yes, Oreos rock!

Okay , my big confession, l have an obession with small, so small mini cookies l love. Especially chocolate chip minis. I recently sampled the brownie tops , they are cookies but incredibly crunchy. Same principle as muffies which are muffins that are only the top part. Panera sells these in their display.
Any forum that discusses cookies is my goto in life.

There was one chocolate walnut cookie left and I had it in my hand when my husband entered the kitchen, his eyes widened as he tried to grab it. He had eaten nearly twenty of the cookies in the past week. I held him off with a spatula and stuffed it in my mouth.

There are so many great comments, favorites, and recipes listed. Me? Well, I can’t seem to pass up any kind of cookie as long as said cookie(s) can be paired with a hot black cup of coffee.

There was no baking soda (or anything) in the shop, so I tried out a classic microwave cookie-cup recipe... But I forgot that I stopped eating sugar a few weeks back, sustaining myself on a teaspoon of honey during a day at most, so it was a true, to me inedible, sugar bomb! :eek: Executive function, you failed again buddy :oops::rolleyes:

Will try tomorrow with less sweet stuff :p

New Threads

Top Bottom