• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of cookies do you like?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip and walnut cookies, lemon slices, and applesauce and oatmeal.

What are your favourite type of cookies?

images
upload_2020-4-2_21-57-20.jpeg
images

Last edited:
In our house, my wife does all the real cooking. But I'm the one that makes the cookies.

Snickerdoodles - I've been using my mom's snickerdoodles based recipe for almost 40 years. It's almost impossible to mess the recipe up.

Dishpan cookies - They contain molasses, oat meal, coconut, raisins, nuts, and corn flakes. It's my grandmother's recipe, and I grew up with them almost always around.

Chocolate chip cookies - I always use the Ghirardelli recipe, but I use whatever brand chips I happen to have.

Peanut butter cookies - I use a recipe from a cookie recipe book my wife got me. It only uses 5 ingredients - vegetable shortening, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg whites, and flour.

When I buy cookies, I love the Mother's Animal Cookies, and the Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies.

I love any of them, peanut butter and ginger ones the most. Do you know maybe if the cookie recipes that you can make without the oven are viable? I don't care about store-bought cookies, but I don't have an oven in my current flat, so my normal baking ways are impossible... I tried oven-less granola bars though and they seemed to work out just fine!

Chocolate chips hot from the oven are my favourite.
I can eat store bought Oreos and Shortbread too.

Have made several different types in the last few weeks:

Peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip and walnut cookies, lemon slices, and applesauce and oatmeal.

What are your favourite type of cookies?

images
View attachment 61342
images
I like the ones my digestive system doesn't agree with.
Chocolate and chocolate chips.
They're tasty but I feel sick afterwards :D

And those:
Leibniz-Choco-Vollmilch-Butterkeks-125g.jpg

Most types that are loaded with things my arteries want to keep hold of or make my trousers shrink :)

My favourite I bake myself are made with oats,
ooo healthy you say...

... I daren't mention the other ingredients :)

I believe they're called 'Melting Moments' -unsure if there's a US equivalent.

They were amongst the things I could eat; lovingly prepared by the school dinner ladies,
when just a slip of a girl.

one of the more pleasant aspects of having to stay at school :)
stayed with me to this day.

I've been having to substitute certain ingredients for granulated sugar with liquid honey or maple syrup as the stores seem to have run out of white and brown granulated sugar. Same for all purpose flour, which has completely disappeared. Now using six grain flour, hard wheat bread flour, corn flour and oat flour.

The honey or maple syrup make any kind of cookie a bit softer, and they brown more quickly in the oven and are less crispy. The mix of different flours makes the cookies less light in taste, yet they do have some added fiber and nutrition.

Last edited:
Chocolate chunk, but even picky with them. Walmart has these "Marketplace" cookies that are the best. Others can have a molassy taste to them and not near as good. Anything else I could take or leave. But these - sometimes 1 Marketplace chocolate chunk cookie will be my lunch. :)

Oh - my daughter knows how much I like these cookies so she got some before my last visit. I thanked her and told her they were okay but when we went to Walmart I picked up the right ones and showed her. When we got home and she tried one she was like, "Oh YEAH!". lol

I do not care for cookies that are crispy and hard. So, it is soft chocolate chip cookies for me. My wife likes soft peanut butter cookies, so we usually bake both.

I do not care for cookies that are crispy and hard. So, it is soft chocolate chip cookies for me. My wife likes soft peanut butter cookies, so we usually bake both.

One of my greatest rules in baking. Never let them sit in the oven for more than five minutes at 350 degrees. Besides, on a hot cookie pan they'll continue to bake for a bit outside the oven.

Otherwise they won't be soft and chewy. The only way to go! :cool:

Guess I should qualify my post, pointing out that I live at a higher elevation, so it's imperative not to use standard baking instructions. Where less baking time is required. Otherwise whatever I bake is likely to come out "extra crispy". :oops:

Last edited:
I like proper shortcake. I don't bake I just shop for biscuits. Custard creams are one of my favourites. Jammy dodgers. Party rings. Rich tea biscuits in the morning with a cup of tea.

:coffee::cookie::coffee::fishcake::coffee:

Another tip for cookies, refrigerate the mixed uncooked dough for 60 minutes, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, form (don't flatten them) then bake. Especially for cookies with shortening or oil or butter or applesauce that tend to spread and flatten such as chocolate chip, oatmeal and peanut butter. This makes a softer and higher cookie.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom