• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What job would be your kryptonite?

thejuice

For me it would be a flying attendant. Constant social interaction, bad sleep, terrible food, noisy crowded airports, grumpy clients, fear of flying!

Last edited:
Sales. I can hardly say the word without cringeing. And yet, back in the 1980s, I visited the local Radio Shack so much the staff knew me by name, and when customers had technical questions, the staff would refer them to me because I knew more of the technical aspects than any of the store employees. The manager called me their best salesman, but I'm quite sure I talked customers out of purchases. I was able to talk about my first and longest special interest and actually help people thereby.

I got turned down for a sales job because I was more interested in the tech than the staff who worked there .He told.me.he observed me in the shop prior to the interview. They sold electronic drums and gadgets and drumming is my life.obsession. Shame as I did so much research on the products for that one and he didn't ask a single question on it!. They also did music teaching which would have suited me because I have done private tutoring. I probably would have been frustrated by their dull, corporate copy cat syllabus though.

Last edited:
Professional player in any kind of team sports where you need to cooperate, read others and think fast.

Would probably be too honest for sales job - actually my current job where I can sit at home, alone in front of my computer and work when it fits me is perfect :)

What do you do Kriss?

Sales id be frustrated at having to do all the upselling and cross selling of uneeded.upgrades and marked up add ons and Insurance. I wouldn't have the heart for.that. The whole script.

I remember being told by a salesman I was brave for not taking their insurance for a sofa, I did a little vomit in my mouth.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite of a team player. Didn't like group work at school, preferred playing solo to being in a band. Did not effect me at all to lose at team sports like it does some people. I didnt like being told what to do, expectations of others felt limiting.

I've done retail sales, warehouse work, corporate website design, managed my own investments as a stock market investor and was an insurance underwriter for nearly 20 years.

Through most of those times I was never given an opportunity to avoid kryptonite. Often the victim of so many economic downturns that drove the jobs I could get and hold versus those I could not.

I've done retail sales, warehouse work, corporate website design, managed my own investments as a stock market investor and was an insurance underwriter for nearly 20 years.

Through most of those times I was never given an opportunity to avoid kryptonite. Often the victim of so many economic downturns that drove the jobs I could get and hold versus those I could not.

Oh wow you actually was in stock market. How was it?

The job I would absolutely hate is one as a customer service rep. I would have a field day as a snide, cynical, skeptic. I would probably turn customers into enemies.

Slaughterhouse work; Isoldier or similar, weapons developer, scam artist, celebrity for fluff, serving on a board with a slow-talking, sloppy thinking, self-righteous majority. spy, propagandist/advertiser for deception, basically anything that breaks the Golden Rule.

Retail.

I worked two retail jobs in my life. Never again will I work another retail job. Especially when I was stuck cleaning the bathrooms at Target on Black Friday.

New Threads

Top Bottom