• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your Medication

A few years ago I spoke to my family doctor about my anxiety. I was going through a particularly hellish time but also suffering with symptoms I'd had for years. I said I was ready to try the medication route.
She prescribed one med after another and they had no effect on me. She referred me to a psychiatrist at the local hospital.
The hospital doctor tried me on so many different types of meds, each for a couple of weeks at a time, upping the doses and again nothing worked. She insisted my problem was depression and was trying to treat me for it. I tell you, it felt like everything she gave me was a placebo. I had no side effects, good or bad. I eventually gave up.
So I'm back to self-medicating with wine and medication.

I had the same problem for years. After self-medicating, I decided to try again, saw a different doctor and every drug had a good effect. He was trying entirely different kinds of medications than all of the first doctors. There are so many medications and each doctor has their favorites. I guess there's a lot of luck involved.

I tried Buspar and it worked well for my anxiety (really well actually) but the side effects included dizziness at random times even with the lowest available dose. I got frustrated and quit.

CBD oil (I prefer isolate) takes my sensory sensitivities from about a level 10 to a level 5 or 6 - definitely still there, but, combined with other things (like my weighted blanket) I have it under control enough to have almost zero meltdowns, which is awesome. I used to think my sensory issues were anxiety (and I described meltdowns as panic attacks) because I didn't know any better. (Now that I know what's actually going on I can manage it a heck of a lot better!!!)

Magnesium supplementation definitely helps my overall mood too. I can't quite pin down what exactly it helps with (anxiety? depression? both? I love not being able to tell exactly what I'm feeling lol).

If you mean medication in general, I take antidepressant for my depression/anxiety/ptsd
Haven’t gotten medication for my ADHD

For medicine in general, I take two daily medications for my allergies. I also have two emergency medications, one for allergies and another for if I get an asthma attack (I have asthma)

Hopefully what I'm asking isn't too personal a question for people. I was just curios since I have to take medication for mental issues.

I was on medication for autism and adhd specifically when i was younger. Now i take anxiety, panic attack and depression meds.

New Threads

Top Bottom