• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favorite Number?

My favorite number is (if it's not slightly obvious)... 8 !

It's a lucky number in many Eastern cultures and it's the 7th number in the Fibonacci sequence (where 7, is seemingly a lucky number in many Western cultures). It's also well balanced, and almost looks like an upright infinity sign.

I recommend to everyone interested in the Fibonacci sequence Mario Livio's The Golden Ratio: The Story of PHI, the World's Most Astonishing Number. A very interesting book, and an easy reading, no hardcore mathematics.

You can take a look inside the book on Amazon. Here: Amazon.com: The Golden Ratio: The Story of PHI, the World's Most Astonishing Number (9780767908160): Mario Livio: Books

I love this album, but I didn't know about the hidden Fibonacci sequence in the track.

Absolutely AWESOME! I love the way they've used the idea. Well done! Where can I find the album? I haven't seen it on iTunes....maybe I just couldn't find it...

Absolutely AWESOME! I love the way they've used the idea. Well done! Where can I find the album? I haven't seen it on iTunes....maybe I just couldn't find it...

I bought it in a Virgin Megastore many years ago, I think. The transparent album art is pretty cool too.
On Amazon.

@ Pedro I've got it :)

I'd like to suggest you listen to A Perfect Circle when you have the time, especially their album Mer de Noms. This band's vocalist is Tool's frontman Maynard James Keenan.

Enjoy your album and feel free to suggest any beautiful music you've been listening to.

I cant really decide on a favorite number. It's either 3,4, or 88. But I know which numbers i DONT like haha it sounds weird, I know

88 was my number in high school football. And for some reason the numbers 11 and 19 make me angry lol not sure why.

I am also not sure about the significance of those numbers. I don't have any number I don't like, though.

well are you good with math? Because I can honestly admit Im terrible with mathematics haha

I always used to like the number 1134, because it spells "hell" if you look at it upside-down on a calculator [juvenile, I know]. Now, I guess 0 would be my favorite, if only because it's so mysterious, and that the Ancient Greeks and Romans, who were supposed to be so smart, couldn't come up with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom