• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WHAT is the stupidest thing u can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monkey pox name. Who came up with that idea? How about roach pox? Croquettes pox? Give it a French sounding name, kinda of romantic. Dear l have croquettes again, about a romantic dinner in tonight with candles? How come the names are so ridiculous, this offends my autistic ears.

Monkey pox name. Who came up with that idea? How about roach pox? Croquettes pox? Give it a French sounding name, kinda of romantic. Dear l have croquettes again, about a romantic dinner in tonight with candles? How come the names are so ridiculous, this offends my autistic ears.

I think it's called that because it was first identified in monkeys. So it does make sense in a way. If it had been first identified in Swedes, we would have called it Swede pox. :)

I think it's called that because it was first identified in monkeys. So it does make sense in a way. If it had been first identified in Swedes, we would have called it Swede pox. :)
But lots of things are discovered in monkeys including HIV. I think piggy pox sounds way cuter.

What is the stupidest thing I can think of?
I can think of a few:

War - organized, state sanctioned mass murder.

Greed

Stereotyping

Bigotry

Believing unsubstantiated news or claims.

There are a lot more, but that's all for now....

An ant on a peanut butter covered banana.
Why are your responses different than mine?

I can't see it.

Why is everyone posting stories and memories?

Can someone tell me?

We have that problem too, a while ago a group of tourists decided to climb to the top of a famous mountain here, it's a typical tourist attraction. The problem was that it was a 5 hour walk, it was late autumn, 6 degrees celsius, and they were dressed in clothes and shoes you would wear to a party indoors. Nice clothes, not warm at all.

So first they got lost, then they got stuck and then they had to be rescued with a helicopter and it turned into a huge deal. And every summer tourists fall off something, they are used to fences and barries and warning signs. We don't use those things as much so they wander off and fall off a mountain. Like this one, people have fallen off this:

View attachment 86635
Where we lived in the desert, we had a similar problem. We had a very well-developed trail system and sort of a conventional code that said 'if you want to hike to the top of the tram, find some buddies who have already done it and hike with them." Really, considering the steepness of the ascent, you'd consider that a common-sense approach, right?

Apparently not. I ran into one person who had wandered off the path (and I'm not against wandering off paths, just so long as you know where you're going and how to get back). Anyway, this guy tripped into a great depression, broke his ankle and couldn't get cell service. Somehow someone heard his cries for help and they were able to air lift him to safety. Of course, accidents happen, but he confided in me that he should have been paying better attention to his surroundings in the first place and not walked off the path at that point. So, not exactly the stupidest thing I can think of, although as he told his story, it was clear that guy still felt pretty stupid for his blunder. (It had been years and he was still pretty shaken up by the reality of what it would have meant for him to have not been rescued.)

I think the stupidest outdoor thing, with it being a desert, is the water issue. C'mon, you'd think people would bring water, right? Uh-uh. I'm surprised our trails didn't have a warning sign: do not attempt trail in 100+ degree temperatures without water on hand.

(BTW, nothing stupid about attempting trails in high heat if you're dressed appropriately, carry extra water, and don't over-exert. I've done it many times. The extra water isn't just for yourself; you often meet people on the trail who are ill-prepared and the water can help them get off the trail system and to safety. There's still risk involved--I remember one older, experienced hiker who lost his life to heat exhaustion--but there's a point where it becomes more of a calculated risk than a foolish venture.)

An ant on a peanut butter covered banana.
Why are your responses different than mine?

I can't see it.

Why is everyone posting stories and memories?

Can someone tell me?
You can post what you feel like might be pertinent to the post.

I think the stupidest outdoor thing, with it being a desert, is the water issue. C'mon, you'd think people would bring water, right? Uh-uh. I'm surprised our trails didn't have a warning sign: do not attempt trail in 100+ degree temperatures without water on hand.

This is a big one in my country too, we've started closing off walking trails in summer because too many tourists think that they can go hiking with a little 500ml bottle of water. And the tropics is worse than the deserts, in the tropics you need a litre of water every hour.

People who refuse to believe in vaccination. 220 years ago these people existed too as shown in this painting from 1802...
The_cow_pock.jpg

Threatening nuclear war with anyone....

Ok, maybe that's more within the realm of insanity than stupidity. Still....it irks me. :mad:

Last edited:
People were so stupid at the Grand Canyon. I was there, and there was a guy going right past the fence, and hanging out on the cliff for a better picture for his friend to take. Yes, deaths are reported at this canyon for that.

Me for being too stupid to realise that an electric stove has to be turned on before it works.

There's a new switch on the wall that I never noticed before for turning off the cooktop. Why? I have no idea.

I have seen someone repeatedly bang their head into a wall and later that day complain to me about a headache. It stuck with me to the point I often recall it as a metaphor for ignorance of consequences.

Stupid is me running at the gym and slobbering over the Food Channel tv on my treadmill. The barbque fusion food trucks especially.

Me for being too stupid to realise that an electric stove has to be turned on before it works.

There's a new switch on the wall that I never noticed before for turning off the cooktop. Why? I have no idea.
That's probably the switch to make it safe to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom