• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WHAT is the stupidest thing u can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that my mother says that I would not be able to defend myself against a man without weapons because I'm a woman, yet she calls me destructive because I've broken a phone with my own fist before and is strong enough to rearrange my own room if I wanted to.

Or the fact that she believes in a woman being subservient to a man, despite the fact that the ones she has met use this to run over her in a relationship. Personally, I don't believe that bologna. I don't submit to anyone but my family elders, and even then, as an adult, I wouldn't let anyone run over me. Of course, I would be respectful enough to not get banned from anything.

Refusing to believe you can catch Covid 19 and refusing to wear a mask, but being terrified that you can catch the side effects of the vaccines from other people. So terrified in fact, that I heard some of these geniuses are now wearing masks.

My parents both got their vaccine a few weeks ago and they had no unusual problems. I'll be getting my vaccine next week.

Wearing mask, when the particles are smaller than the holes in the mask/fabric.

Getting a vaccination over and over again, for something you already caught.

..and, drinking milk that comes out of another species.

Now they are reporting that people who were vaccinated are testing positive for covid. Go figure........

Now they are reporting that people who were vaccinated are testing positive for covid. Go figure........

That's the thing with vaccines that a lot of people dont get: They arent 100% perfect. They never were. The idea that they provide absolute and total protection is and always has been a myth. It aint just about Covid either, this is the case with any vaccine.

That's why doing things like washing hands and all that fun stuff is still important. I've seen too many total idiots who think "Yeah, I got the X vaccine this season, I'M ALWAYS FINE" and then will proceed to jam their entire hand up their nose after jamming it into a toilet. Well, okay, they dont go that far, but the idea is clear. Some people think they can go the hyper-lazy route because they are TEH INVINCIBALLLL (okay spellcheck doesnt care about that... huh). Well, some people think that LOTS of things are an excuse to be hyper-lazy in general. Whereas I'm like "I slightly touched that door there, I better have a bath"

And then there are those that think they are fully immune from the very moment they get the vaccine... yeah that's not how vaccines work.

AND of course there's also the immune system strength of the individual to consider.

But that's all a medical topic that has been around a very long time... better to do research on how vaccines do their job than listen to me ramble for 3 pages. Or ask a doc, I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you about it. Lotsa science involved, fascinating stuff.

But yeah, even if vaccinated... proper hygiene and common sense, you still need those things.

Wearing mask, when the particles are smaller than the holes in the mask/fabric.

Getting a vaccination over and over again, for something you already caught.

..and, drinking milk that comes out of another species.

Also, for the mask: the purpose of wearing a mask isnt focused on stopping things getting in: It's about stopping things getting OUT. The mask very drastically cancels out most of the exhaling, so things like particles and snot droplets dont fly all over the room. And even for particles that are exceedingly small, many will still get caught on the structure of the fabric.

WITHOUT a mask, well... I saw this one video, right. The idea was to display what really happens when someone sneezes, by using... er... SOMETHING to allow the exhaled vapors to become visible. And it's like, this hideous giant booger cloud that flies out at like 5 billion miles per hour and spreads through an entire room. Even just basic breathing creates a lot of spread. A mask causes all of that to effectively slam into a wall the moment it comes out.

As for the 2nd bit: Those are booster shots. Part of the point is to deal with changes in the virus (is why a new flu shot appears every season) and to basically bolster the fading effects of the previous one. Even if you already caught it before being vaccinated... you still need the shot, for whatever it is (again, aint just Covid).

This stuff has all been explained to me in more detail by medical sorts within the family. I dont claim to understand the deeper details, so I cant say all that much more than that about those things. (and frankly the topic isnt within my interest range so I get bored of it almost immediately)

And as for the bit about the milk...

hqdefault.jpg

(yes I drink a lot of milk, IRL I'm known for it among the family. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING, FIGHT ME)

That's the thing with vaccines that a lot of people dont get: They arent 100% perfect. They never were. The idea that they provide absolute and total protection is and always has been a myth. It aint just about Covid either, this is the case with any vaccine.

That's why doing things like washing hands and all that fun stuff is still important. I've seen too many total idiots who think "Yeah, I got the X vaccine this season, I'M ALWAYS FINE" and then will proceed to jam their entire hand up their nose after jamming it into a toilet. Well, okay, they dont go that far, but the idea is clear. Some people think they can go the hyper-lazy route because they are TEH INVINCIBALLLL (okay spellcheck doesnt care about that... huh). Well, some people think that LOTS of things are an excuse to be hyper-lazy in general. Whereas I'm like "I slightly touched that door there, I better have a bath"

And then there are those that think they are fully immune from the very moment they get the vaccine... yeah that's not how vaccines work.

AND of course there's also the immune system strength of the individual to consider.

But that's all a medical topic that has been around a very long time... better to do research on how vaccines do their job than listen to me ramble for 3 pages. Or ask a doc, I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you about it. Lotsa science involved, fascinating stuff.

But yeah, even if vaccinated... proper hygiene and common sense, you still need those things.

I totally agree. That's half of the reason l quit working. Because this covid bug mutated to the next game level and the death life points are closer. I am sleeping and eating healthier because l see zero other options. l say sleep in as long as you want. Find less stress in your life and chill.

I am sleeping and eating healthier because l see zero other options. l say sleep in as long as you want. Find less stress in your life and chill.

Good advice for people in a general sense, I think, for all sorts of reasons.

Too much stress is dangerous! And not exactly a fun time, either.

I do so respect others opinion, but don’t agree with but just over half of what I read.

@Misery ; I will agree to disagree on how the covid is caught. You prolly know way more than I do about this. All I got is 2 years of medical working at a hospital and I cold be wrong....or right! ;)

I’m honestly thrilled this many ppl are getting this shot if it’s fear or whatever their reason. This way, next year I can see what happen to everyone else. If the vaccines people
have body parts fall off or start dropping like flies after eating a certain food...then I will know, nope, not the vaccine I’m interested in!
So nice for all these millions being sheep to the worlds experiment, how nice

BTW;
I do miss Ice Cream, lactose gets me, pay dearly the next day. Enjoy a bowl for me!

I do so respect others opinion, but don’t agree with but just over half of what I read.

@Misery ; I will agree to disagree on how the covid is caught. You prolly know way more than I do about this. All I got is 2 years of medical working at a hospital and I cold be wrong....or right! ;)

I’m honestly thrilled this many ppl are getting this shot if it’s fear or whatever their reason. This way, next year I can see what happen to everyone else. If the vaccines people
have body parts fall off or start dropping like flies after eating a certain food...then I will know, nope, not the vaccine I’m interested in!
So nice for all these millions being sheep to the worlds experiment, how nice

BTW;
I do miss Ice Cream, lactose gets me, pay dearly the next day. Enjoy a bowl for me!

Feh, from everything I've been told, the science is there. Vaccines in general very rarely give long-term side effects. I'd prefer to avoid the very, very definite major threat that is currently rampaging rather than the exceedingly unlikely possible maybe threat. I have a very specific approach to defense of any type, and that's usually how it goes. And in addition to that... I have some extremely vulnerable people in my life. Under no circumstances will I take risks with them. If that vaccine can potentially dissolve my chance of SPREADING it to someone (regardless of if I get symptoms myself or not).... then I shall do it. Even if it's not a 100% effect. Heck, even if it's just a 5% reduction. I could never forgive myself for anything happening to them, because I chose not to do something for nothing resembling a reason. So I'll do what it takes... I owe them no less. I'll be continuing to use a mask around them long after the general population has stopped. Among other precautions.

Besides, one way or another, I'm going by what the various docs have told me personally... if someone else's info from any source at all contradicts it, it changes nothing as far as I'm concerned. As a long time resident of the Net, I see tornados of conflicting stuff all the time... best ignored when that happens. Approach all situations logically and think about it, and then make your OWN careful decision... that's what I always say.

One way or another, the only way someone is a "sheep" in my view is if they buy into some bloody stupid... well... ANYTHING that comes from social media. Or if they make a decision not because they got some info, but because some other doofus is doing it. Ye gods, do I hate watching people do that. I dont mean just with Covid... that's only a recent thing. I mean over so many years, watching so many idiots just follow every stupid trend or do things like those stupid "challenges" that the Net keeps coming up with. You know, the super dangerous ones that nobody should ever do for any reason. Just... frustrating to watch. Even though it doesnt concern me.

I tell ya, I'd like to beat the unholy cheese out of those who came up with social media in general. Very thankful that I'm not prone to following dumb things like that. Never understood the appeal, never will, and boy is that okay with me.

But that's enough outta me. Dont need the Social Media Rant going on right now (and that's where this is leading to). My hand hurts, dont want to type too much more. A bit less computer use for the next couple days, I think.

Why does everything always have to hurt? Bah.

I am getting my vaccine on Wednesday, I am going to continue wearing a mask, and I am going to continue to drink real milk from real cows instead of fake milk from fake cows since I still have the ability to eat and digest real food. If you don't like it, too bad, so sad.:disrelieved: Forcing your beliefs on others the the surest way to make them refuse to do what you want, especially when they have good reason not to.

Speaking of which, some geniuses think that humans have somehow forced wild animals, such as lions, into becoming carnivores and that all animals that are naturally meat eaters must be converted to veganism. Which would likely end up killing them from malnutrition.

People who watch the news too much are dumbing down the world - and I am part of the problem.

News sites which show a picture of a selfie that has been blurred, so all you see is this blur.

Don't get me wrong, it's not at all stupid that they would want to protect a person's identity or privacy. What is stupid is that they would choose that particular image to post, so all you get is this blurred image - what's the point of that? If you can't show a person's face - then don't. Show something else related to the story - a location, an object related to it, just don't use a selfie whose face must then be blurred out.

People stealing TV's as the world ends.

Good thing the world didn't end in the 1980s.
If it did (and according to Irish comedian Dara O'Briain), nobody would be looting a Television because - as Dara puts it - they were so heavy that not only would trying to move it be 'killing' your arms (metaphorically speaking), but you'd probably get stopped by a police officer before you'd even got it out of the shop. :D

Last edited:
I keep a folder full of stupid or weird screenshots I take online.

A company called Sargon Enterprises was profiting $100k a year and got University of Southern California to do a study on its dental implant. Sargon sued because, if USC had just given them "proper reports", they would've gone top-tier and made anywhere from $200 million to $1 billion in ten years (a thousand times their real profits, mind you). Somehow that case made it to the California Supreme Court before they decided Sargon was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom