• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is PDD-NOS considered under the DSM-5?

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
When I was 7 I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS under the DSM-4. Now that DSM-5 is out I'm not sure what I am. I saw a group for people with ASD Level 1 I might want to go to but am not certain if I'd be level 1 or 2. I feel like socially I'd be a 1 but otherwise I'd be a 2. Since it's not otherwise specified I'm thinking it could vary. Do you think I would need to get re-assessed to go to this group?

PDD-NOS could be any level of severity under the old DSM. It just meant that you didn't meet enough of the criteria for Autistic Disorder or Asperger's.

Could you ask whoever runs the group if you need to have an officially-applied severity-level number?

That makes sense, thanks tortoise. I guess I could ask and if I do end up needing a number perhaps they have someone there that can assess me. I suppose I could ask my psychiatrist as well but she likes to like to keep our appointments brief.

New Threads

Top Bottom