• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is my Gender?

Well, back at ya!

I think it's funny I seem male. I have heard that before. But I am small and unassuming. No wonder I am treated so oddly, come to think of it! I think when you are a small female and you are making assertions about some strange philosophers, it's just plain unacceptable. I really got the idea I was supposed to like fluff, but I don't I soared with the mystics and philosophers and for some reason, it made people poed. Do you get that as a male? Because i know you also are not one to be tethered to the earth.

I'm usually assumed to be male online, until it's stated otherwise. Most of the time, I don't bother to correct people, I just let them go on assuming! It doesn't matter, really.

Do you get that as a male?
I'd say I have experienced a lot of the opposite. I have often found myself in a stereotypical female situation. Looking after the home, doing the shopping and the cooking. Being a stay-at-home dad. Even my ex once said she had wanted a husband and ended up with a wife, lol.

I remember being in a car with my friend and his boss. I was sitting in the passenger seat as we went to their workshop to pick up some tools. The boss was driving, and as we pulled up, just before he got out, he turned the radio on for me, then he and my friend got out to get the tools. In that moment I suddenly realised I was the woman in this scenario! They were doing the typical NT manly things, and had left the "female" in the car. I thought it was a nice gesture to turn the radio on, something he would do if I had been a girl so as to make me feel more comfortable.

I have often been assumed to be gay by women, but never by men who are actually homosexual, at least not to my knowledge. As I said, I am not a typical male.

Last edited:
I'd say I have experienced a lot of the opposite. I have often found myself in a stereotypical female situation. Looking after the home, doing the shopping and the cooking. Being a stay-at-home dad. Even my ex once said she had wanted a husband and ended up with the wife, lol.

I remember being in a car with my friend and his boss. I was sitting in the passenger seat as we went to their workshop to pick up some tools. The boss was driving, and as we pulled up, just before he got out, he turned the radio on for me, then he and my friend got out to get the tools. In that moment I suddenly realised I was the woman in this scenario! They were doing the typical NT manly things, and had left the "female" in the car. I thought it was a nice gesture to turn the radio on, something he would do if I had been a girl so as to make me feel more comfortable.

I have often been assumed to be gay by women, but never by men who are actually homosexual, at least not to my knowledge. As I said, I am not a typical male.
The funny icon I put doesn't really fit, but this was humourous in a poignant way!

I don't really have a gender I never have I guess. When I was younger I didn't seem to get the concept even though my peers did. I didn't understand why I couldn't just be one of the boys. I resisted dresses and makeup until very recently as it felt like a costume. Now I when I wear makeup I feel like a drag queen (but in a good way) I wear big bold makeup (huge eyeliner bright blush bold lip glitter etc) and while it never feels genuine all the way it feels fun in the moment and in a way it feels right.

Sometimes pain is what I feel defines my gender. I am very feminine and yet I have spent many days and nights crying over my curves and even developed an eating disorder (that I am in recovery from) to try to minimize my curves. Truly the only reason I have not transitioned is my fear of the unknown and change. For now I can make peace with it a little bit. I like dressing up but when I take it off it feels like it neutralizes my body a bit.

While I think my gender issues end up different than yours I can relate to feeling confused. My advice is to just follow your heart. If you want to dress girly one day than do it if you want to dress masculine the next then that I good too. Clothes have no rules nor gender.

New Threads

Top Bottom