• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or sauces do you really hate, but many love?

I hate the taste and smell of brewed coffee, yet I think freshly ground coffee beans smell delicious (but the raw beans also taste gross to me).

I don't like grits. I don't see why they are so popular in the South, either.

Grits are a porridge. I think virtually every country in the world has some form of porridge, usually whatever is available and affordable. Oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, polenta, whatever.....

Oh I'm obsessed with ketchup! Every single day, like a good aspie, I eat exactly two small breakfast burritos containing only scrambled egg and ketchup.

I'm a very adventurous eater. I love trying new foods, as long as they look and smell good. I would like to try new meats like frogs legs and crawdads.

Things I don't like:

Probably number one is a badly dressed game meat. As soon as I taste or smell that "liver" like gamey flavor, it's a no go. But if you do it right, and drain all the blood, and don't let any of the animal's fur touch the meat, it is delicious.

Sorry to any Southerners, but I despise corn bread if it's made without sugar, especially if it has those little pimentos in it. Yuck. It's gotta be kind of cakey.

When fast food restaurants put lettuce on my chicken sandwich. Especially the slightly wilted, shredded lettuce. And if they put too much mayo on it too.

Vinegary salad dressings like Itallian or Oil and Vinegar. Way to ruin my salad by pouring greasy vinegar all over it!

I don't like Doritos or any bagged corn chip. They smell like socks.

That being said, I will eat them fresh, especially at a Mexican restaurant with a little lime and some salsa. Mmm mmm!

OH AND I HATE CHEAP HOT DOGS! I don't like that weirdly boiled bologna pork that has no flavor and is like a weird fatty airy foam tube. I need a nice hearty beef frank, thank you very much. Then again, if it's barbecued, any hot dog is amazing, regardless of quality of meat.

I don't like turkey burger. It tastes like sweaty socks filled with old mushrooms.

Also I may be overweight, but I hate snack foods. Like most chips, crackers, cookies, pudding cups, etc. I don't like foods that don't have a lot of nutrition. Kid food just tastes like flavored cardboard for the most part. I dont eat super healthy either. But I do try to buy healthy stuff.

I don't like the condiments and stuff that fast food joints put on burgers or chicken sandwiches so I order them "plain". I know they will be forced to cook a fresh hamburger or chicken patty for me because few people order it that way so there aren't going to be old stale sandwiches sitting under a heat lamp for who knows how long. That strange cheese, wilted lettuce and soggy pickles really turn me off, too.

Grits are a porridge. I think virtually every country in the world has some form of porridge, usually whatever is available and affordable. Oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, polenta, whatever.....
Grits are heavenly! Oh my, a nice warm breakfast of grits (basically a cornmeal/hominy hot cereal) with butter and milk, and perhaps some brown sugar if you're wanting something sweet.

Brown sauce. Also horseradish

I love the hell out of mayo though, except now I can't eat it any more after a gastric bypass ‍♀️

Easy! Anything with chili in it. Cannot understand how people can eat hot foods, especially hot curries & Thai food should be illegal! Once some fool even put chili into my Pumpkin Soup! I mean, why? It tasted horrible. No, one does not get used to it. Horrible!

This reminds me. It's kind of a well known stereotype that autistic folk prefer only chicken tenders and fries. Well, the other day we made them homemade and it was so good!

We made oven fries, which were potatoes, drizzled lightly in olive oil and rosemary and salt.

Also we made oven fried chicken strips which were chicken breast strips dipped in egg and a mixture of flour, corn meal, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and lemon pepper, and then drizzled lightly with olive oil.

You bake both of them in separate long cake pans for 40 minutes at 350. Make sure and line the pans with parchment or foil, because the food will stick really bad to the pan. They come out so good and crispy, you wouldn't believe it!
If they think I eat chicken for every meal they should have accompanied my to a local for mixed veg curry every time, I've had veg pizza twice this week,if you're reading look at the statistics for ibs,high cholesterol,gluten,lactose intolerance,gerd and autism,see if you'd eat chicken for every meal.

I just recently was looking up recipes for McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. Turns out they use ground chicken breasts and tenderloins. So to make chicken nuggets with the same consistency as a McNugget, you need to make a patty of ground chicken and then go from there.

I just recently was looking up recipes for McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. Turns out they use ground chicken breasts and tenderloins. So to make chicken nuggets with the same consistency as a McNugget, you need to make a patty of ground chicken and then go from there.

One of my brothers-in-law is a bigtime poultry broker, makes a ton of money. The stories he tells about how the chicken used by McDonalds and other fast food chicken restaurants is processed would give you nightmares. Not to mention the stories about how those chickens are genetically manipulated and raised!

Like you, I make my own chicken patties with ground chicken (or turkey) I buy at the grocery store or that I grind myself with a sausage maker. It increases my confidence that it is "healthy" chicken and not some slop soaked in a Clorox solution at a processing plant.

New Threads

Top Bottom