• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or sauces do you really hate, but many love?

Just to add. I cannot stand girkins.

I remember once, I had a burger and that was in it and I actually spat it out in disgust and it ruined the entire burger for me and that was the last time.

Also: goats cheese. Again, remember, we visited this lady and her husband for lunch and she was so proud ( justifiably so) that she had made us pizza from scratch and proudly put the plate down in front of each of us and I happily took one mouthful and immedately, my eyes started to water, with how gross it tasted and smelt. I kept gagging; trying in vain to gollap wine down, to disguise the smell and taste, but it was getting worse, so with deep chagrin, I admitted that I could not eat it, but she was so lovely and said that goat's cheese is not for everyone. Question? Why give guests something like that? And, now frightened off it; no matter what ones try to say.

Ah yes, here in France too, they have raw ham slices and honestly, it is the most repulsive thing, because all you do is chew; you have to force yourself to swollow it, so I keep away from that.

Despite it all though, I am not a fussy eater lol

Lemon. Anything with lemon in it - sauces, sweets, cleaning detergents. Dislike eggs, too, disgusting smelly, gooey things. And vinegar, because anything with vinegar on it just tastes of... vinegar.

I might guess that some who do things that are good for them exaggerate a bit, like saying that they run six miles a day when really they run three, some days.

I think that pretending to like brussels sprouts is the 'oh look at me I eat my vegetables aren't I great' equivalent of that. Nobody really likes them, those who 'do' are shamed into it or trying to one-up everyone else. Some people even have seconds! What a twisted world.

I think that pretending to like brussels sprouts is the 'oh look at me I eat my vegetables aren't I great' equivalent of that. Nobody really likes them, those who 'do' are shamed into it or trying to one-up everyone else.
I LOVE brussels sprouts!!

Edit: brussels sprouts contain a bitter-tasting chemical that most are sensitive to, but some aren't, which explains why most people hate them so much. Just like some people like coriander, but for others it tastes like soap. There's actually a gene for this.

Last edited:
I don't care for shellfish / crustaceans. Aren't they just big bugs that live in the ocean? What's the difference between a crab (especially a king crab) and a spider? Also goat cheese - that's the quickest way to get me to vomit.
They are scavengers if a sewage treatment plant allows raw sewage to enter the sea guess where it goes, scavengers don't have a choice.I admire the job scavengers do they clean the earth obviously not actually designed for raw sewage

I might guess that some who do things that are good for them exaggerate a bit, like saying that they run six miles a day when really they run three, some days.

I think that pretending to like brussels sprouts is the 'oh look at me I eat my vegetables aren't I great' equivalent of that. Nobody really likes them, those who 'do' are shamed into it or trying to one-up everyone else. Some people even have seconds! What a twisted world.
I love Brussels sprouts now liked them before not pretension don't like everything

My aunt used to give bechamel sauce with quite a lot of foods, it tasted unfinished, thick, like flour water and distasteful

Pigs are a bit luckier, people seem to feed them better things xD Luckily she stopped the bechamel adventures

I love Brussels sprouts now liked them before not pretension don't like everything

I like Brussels sprouts, too, if they are cooked right. Boiled sprouts are terrible. I like them cut in half and sautéed in vegetable oil in a screaming hot cast iron skillet so they get a little char on them but still have some crunch, drizzle some honey over them to serve them.

I'm just not a tomato person in general

I never use ketchup (ie. on fries, other food, etc...), at a restaurant I would rather pay a little extra for the gravy, then usually dump all the gravy onto the fries, or sometimes dips the individual fries into the cup of gravy

And in general I've never been much into tomatos, especially where the flavour is the dominant flavour

But I do eat other veggies and fruit, just have a weird thing with tomatos

You're in Canada, Sherlock, where people eat poutine (fried potatoes, topped with cheese curds and brown gravy), so I understand why your palette would like that flavor combo. Gravy on French fries is virtually unheard of in the US but I'd probably like it, too.

You're in Canada, Sherlock, where people eat poutine (fried potatoes, topped with cheese curds and brown gravy), so I understand why your palette would like that flavor combo. Gravy on French fries is virtually unheard of in the US but I'd probably like it, too.

But ketchup is still popular here...

Poutine is tasty, not exactly the healthiest choice of food, an occasional treat for me...

Last edited:
Most things people have already posted I enjoy.

But not:

Brussels Sprouts
Asparagus
Celery
Spinach
Cauliflower
Eggplant
Mangos
Tuna
Sushi
Ketchup on anything but fries

But ketchup is still popular here...

Poutine is tasty, not exactly the healthiest choice of food, an occasional treat for me...

It's a heart attack waiting to happen but I bet it's really good on a cold, snowy, winter night where you live. I'm sure I'd like it. It has my 3 favorite food groups - fried potatoes, cheese, and gravy. What's not to like? :)

I LOVE brussels sprouts!!

Edit: brussels sprouts contain a bitter-tasting chemical that most are sensitive to, but some aren't, which explains why most people hate them so much. Just like some people like coriander, but for others it tastes like soap. There's actually a gene for this.

I suspect that there is a gene for celery, too. People either like it or hate it. I don't like it raw (soapy taste) but it's okay when cooked.

New Threads

Top Bottom