• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or sauces do you really hate, but many love?

Eggs. The texture and smell of them are vile and I've never, ever understood how people eat them by themselves. They're the only thing I can't eat.

Avocados - although I don't mind it in guacamole. Otherwise plain bland with no taste.
Ranch dressing - or anything ranch flavored. Also mustard.
And any food that remotely smells like eggs and any fish.
Pineapple and grapefruit.
Olives (yuck!)

I hate cheeses of certain types as well. There is a Parmesan/Romano/Asiago blend that Dad likes. It may as well be Gaspipe Leak/Hot Weather Henhouse/Satan's Ballsack/Vacuum Cleaner Burning out on Dog Hair.

I hate cheeses of certain types as well. There is a Parmesan/Romano/Asiago blend that Dad likes. It may as well be Gaspipe Leak/Hot Weather Henhouse/Satan's Ballsack/Vacuum Cleaner Burning out on Dog Hair.
Good thing for that(also.if you cry chopping onions) is to take a sulphur supplement, it's a lack of sulphur, I still won't advocate cheese, it's good to avoid purines (cheeses,salmon etc),also help to avoid fungal infections.

Last edited:
Hi Suzanne! When i offer a guest food it's with the single priority they enjoy it. Do try and offer food most like. Maybe most like goat cheese in France? EDITED to say...with the single priority they enjoy time we all spend together with or without all eating the same thing.

When i made everything from scratch, if someone said no i'd offer what i did have for them to pick. Say "more for him" and point to my 6'6" slim autistic son who already finished with his meal.

You sound so appreciative of her efforts. I bet you came across with her just as gracious as here. Caring about not offending her makes you a great guest.

Last edited:
What a fun thread! Smell and texture are not as big of an issue as touch and sound. But let's see...

Sauces: actually I'm not sure. I think I like most sauces.

Foods:

BANANAS. I gag and I remember going to the ER soon after I made myself eat a banana because a friend said that if I just tried it I'd like it enough. I don't know if it was the banana or not. However, I do love banana bread and artificial banana taste. I don't think it's the texture--there's a tang to raw banana that is just really gross. And I'm pretty bummed because they're really good for you and also very convenient.

Lima beans or other starchy legumes. Ugh.
Anything slimy, like okra.
Most seafood and shellfish. Mild fish is okay, like cod or tilapia, and tuna if it's canned.
Bell peppers, esp the green ones. They're so bitter!

And I love brussels sprouts when they're roasted or broiled. Not as a kid, but I do now.

I'm sure there's more but my brain has gone on vacation. Winter holidays and all.

I LOVE brussels sprouts!!

Edit: brussels sprouts contain a bitter-tasting chemical that most are sensitive to, but some aren't, which explains why most people hate them so much. Just like some people like coriander, but for others it tastes like soap. There's actually a gene for this.
I like them specifically because they're bitter. The same thing for coriander. lol

Sorry, l love bitter, but l hate Brussel sprouts to the end and back again. Yet l love cabbage. Love quinine water which comes from lemon. Not a big fan of okra. Olive oil can make me slightly nauseous. l really don't like the texture of oils yet l know they are critical. l will use water in place of oil in pesto sauce. But l need Romano cheese also in it. I also need walnuts instead of pine nuts. Because l don't like those little pine nuts, they remind me of bugs. No logic at all, just hard cold subjectiveness. Sorry, l hate Dr Pepper.

Sorry, l love bitter, but l hate Brussel sprouts to the end and back again. Yet l love cabbage. Love quinine water which comes from lemon. Not a big fan of okra. Olive oil can make me slightly nauseous. l really don't like the texture of oils yet l know they are critical. l will use water in place of oil in pesto sauce. But l need Romano cheese also in it. I also need walnuts instead of pine nuts. Because l don't like those little pine nuts, they remind me of bugs. No logic at all, just hard cold subjectiveness. Sorry, l hate Dr Pepper.
It's probably the amount of sulphur in your blood versus iron

Don't like Dr pepper ,only like chilli pesto sometimes ,can't see the point of caffeine free coca cola it tastes of very weak sugar,liked coca cola vanilla from America but slightly too sweet,wish I could eat basil loved all the mint family damn acid reflux .

I don't like cocktail sauce. Dipping this with shrimp doesn't taste right to me.

I also don't like lobster.

This may be hard to believe, but I dislike sweet barbecue sauces! Why is that? I enjoy salt and vinegar chips, pickles, and italian dressing. I also love cilantro, which some people hate.

Tomatoes. I only slightly dislike the flavor, but I hate biting into them. That's the main reason I can't eat chunky salsa.
And celery, but I can't even explain why. The crunch? The weird ribbing along the sides? No idea, but I can't stand celery.

One time some surgeons told me they were giving me banana-scented anesthetics to knock me out. It was such a horrible experience that it took a long while before I could stand eating bananas again.

Pumpkin- just... meh. Outside of a pumpkin pie, I just don't care for it.
Don't care for avocados either, and guacamole even less.

I don't care for shellfish / crustaceans. Aren't they just big bugs that live in the ocean? What's the difference between a crab (especially a king crab) and a spider? Also goat cheese - that's the quickest way to get me to vomit.
Two legs, two claws, and a distinct abdomen. That about covers the essentials.

New Threads

Top Bottom