• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What era would you like to live in?

Explosition_Rooster

Alright, so this is inspired by a response on one of my blog postings, but...

If you could choose any ere to live in, what era would it be? For me it would have to be any period in which there was large scale military action of any kind. So any period really.

Time to put on your thinking caps and hop into your DeLoreans, people and lets see where you end up.

This current era. Not because it's the best, just because I like my own individual life that I am now living and don't feel like change.

When I was in 5th-6th grade I wanted to be a Daniel Boone/Mountain man type who was adopted by an Indian tribe. Now I'd choose to have lived as an Indian maybe 1700-1800.

I would say Victorian America (1870 to 1920). I am so fascinated with the changes America was going through at that time: from agricultural to industrial/Urban.

I'm probably more inclined to check out the future... since we're talking deloreans. BTTF 2 is my favorite in the series anyway.

But I might check out the future to see if it's worthwhile to stick around.

When I was in 5th-6th grade I wanted to be a Daniel Boone/Mountain man type who was adopted by an Indian tribe. Now I'd choose to have lived as an Indian maybe 1700-1800.

This has been a fantasy of mine too >.<!! To be living with a Native American tribe (Apaches, especially), when they were free, that is <3

This era. We have incredible feats of human ingenuity at our disposal—vaccines, airplanes, communications—and we have robots on other planets. Quite exciting!

Possibly Khrushchev era Soviet Union, or even Brezhnev era. The whole space race thing was pretty fascinating and it was going on at that time.

Since you say this, maybe you want to check out Apaches & Indians {ndns} on facebook or Yahoo. There's lots of em but be careful some are fake Indians-people pretending to be Indians. Why I say this is because you might have a journey in front of you...discovering why you are attracted to Indians/Apaches. I did it...it's a fun journey! Plus you get to meet a lot of cool people.

But yeah it would be so cool to have lived with them...to be accepted, part of their family etc. I had a dream like this.

This has been a fantasy of mine too >.<!! To be living with a Native American tribe (Apaches, especially), when they were free, that is <3

There's no other period in human history so far that I would want to live in, but if I could do some time travel tourism, one of my first choices would be the period of the Roman Republic/Empire.

In the Star Trek era with the music da da da da da, da DA DUUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {original Star Trek with the BABES...} ;)

America 1770's-1850's. To see the US fight for its independence, win it, and form a democratic government and grow in its early years as the civil war conflict approaches. It would have been extremely interesting to live in the US when the Constitution was in full effect and the feelings of individuality that influenced its writing were still present all while dealing with the many issues the young country faced in its early days.

Being a history major, I'd like to VISIT any number of eras. For excitement and lots of combat, etc (and If I had an invincibility potion that gave me dynasty-warriors level powers on the battlefield!) I'd like to visit the Roman wars with Carthage, the Greco-Persian wars, the Three kingdoms in China or the Sengoku era in japan. Of course I'd have to have a superpowered body to survive but I think I will enjoy the exhilaration of it! WW2 also, but I'd just need a god mode cheat then. (am I psychotic?)

Well, for me as in real life, I'd probably hide off in some medieval monastery or a nice cushy job at the palace of an 18th century monarch in Europe.

To LIVE permanently? Today. Technology and convenience for even an average joe beats being an Emperor or King in older times

The Victorian Era. Hands down, my favorite. I relate so much to the things of this time. The clothes, the furniture, the customs and OH!, the architecture!

The Victorian Era. Hands down, my favorite. I relate so much to the things of this time. The clothes, the furniture, the customs and OH!, the architecture!

Well, with my real life body and traits, this would be pretty good too. But if I was invincible I'd pick a more militaristic era LOL

As a British Railway enthusiast I'd love to have been born around 1955 and by the time I could travel on trains on my own (around 15) I would have access to the British Railway system when there were real trains rather than the plastic buses on rails that we have today. I am also fascinated by the late 1960s to the late 1980s when there was loads of great music being made especially here in the UK. It would have been great to have been old enough to see and hear some of the great rock bands of that era live.

As for me, I would live in the 60s, I'm a hippie at heart. If I had been alive back then, I don't think there would have been a Vietnam War. I would have barged into the Whitehouse and said "LBJ, we need to talk, this Vietnam thing is not cool." I wouldn't have done all the drugs though. I also would have been one of those screaming girls at Beatles concerts. And who knows, maybe I would have ended up with John Lennon instead of Yoko??

New Threads

Top Bottom