• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you see...?

The normal part of me sees a dot that needs to be alone in space. (hermit dot .png).The neurotic part of me tells me l am missing the bigger picture and l can't see the obvious.

Possibly there was a bunch of white dots that got together but they couldn't overcome the empty space hence black tiny space (black dot).

An interesting atypical response. get it... normal..neurosis...atypical..somewhere in between :)

thank you for all the likes and icons

"I dont like abstraction" is also an abstraction since it is language...but

Fino..or alex..which do you prefer?... I completely understand :)

It's the use of language but it's not a reference to language and is therefore not an abstraction in content.

Fino would probably be a bit less confusing just because it's more specific, but I wouldn't mind Alex at all. :)

I see square pixels trying to emulate a circle that changes size when you click on it. The REAL questions are what do YOU see? A room of guinea pigs that you feel free to conduct experiments on or do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Guess you could say I am more interested in the psychology of a person that poses such queries than the psychology they are looking for.

The REAL questions are what do YOU see? A room of guinea pigs that you feel free to conduct experiments on or do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Guess you could say I am more interested in the psychology of a person that poses such queries than the psychology they are looking for.
A lot of these "tests" are just pop-psyche FYIs, to be taken with a grain of salt. A majority of [NTs, at least] give an expected answer. These tests aren't expected to offer deep personal insight more than any other on-line, pop-neurology tests. (They are more of an amusing vanity.)

It's the use of language but it's not a reference to language and is therefore not an abstraction in content.

Fino would probably be a bit less confusing just because it's more specific, but I wouldn't mind Alex at all. :)
Fino it is then :)

I see square pixels trying to emulate a circle that changes size when you click on it. The REAL questions are what do YOU see? A room of guinea pigs that you feel free to conduct experiments on or do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Guess you could say I am more interested in the psychology of a person that poses such queries than the psychology they are looking for.

I talked about some things I saw and how I think in previous posts. Give it a look if you have the time. From one "guinea pig" to another..since I also answered the question. :p

Just an interesting side note. Bob Ross invented black gesso.
I didnt know that. Good to know. thanks

A lot of these "tests" are just pop-psyche FYIs, to be taken with a grain of salt. A majority of [NTs, at least] give an expected answer. These tests aren't expected to offer deep personal insight more than any other on-line, pop-neurology tests. (They are more of an amusing vanity.)

Interesting train of thought.. what have you lumped this question in with exactly? Deep personal insight? Neurology?

are you alex shortened from Alexander ?

The black dot stands out. The background it's on stands out slightly from the forum color scheme, so there's that too. I tilted my screen to make sure there wasn't anything hidden (like this) and found nothing. Kind of a striped or irregular pattern making up the background, it's not a solid shade of anything.

Interesting train of thought.. what have you lumped this question in with exactly? Deep personal insight? Neurology?
I see it as being on the same level as this video,
Only a Genius Or a Person With a Mental Illness Can Answer This

It turns out that this innocent black dot image is hiding a secret message. Although I've not been able to decode the message. I have strong evidence that there is a steganographicly encoded message hidden in this picture. Nervous Rex at post #21 almost stumbled upon it with his paint fill attempt. Here's the evidence I currently have that suggest that there is a steganographicly encoded message hidden in this picture.

1). I did a fourier frequency analysis on the image and map its histogram to the individual bits that make up each pixel. here are the results. The 2 least significant bits contained a large amount of noise were as the 6 most significant bits were mostly silent. This is strong evidence suggesting that there is steganographic encoded data here because the noise cuts off instantly after going to the next significant bit. If this was just image noise(i.e. from an analog source) or dithering. It would ramp off slowly rather then instantly dropping off.

2). Although the noise pattern is unique vertically(top to bottom). The noise pattern going horizontally is repetitive. The pattern repeats itself every 64 pixels and is a perfect pixel by pixel copy of it's neighboring pattern. since 64 is an even multiple of 8. This suggest that these are individual bytes of data encoded in this pattern.

Assuming that the data is encoded in only 1 LSB. the size of the hidden message should be around 5,464 byte in size. If the data is encoded using 2 LSB , assuming that the noise in the second LSB is not cause by the jpeg's lossy compression and based on the fact that most steganographic encoders out there don't do this . Then the hidden message should be about 10,928 byte in size.

I so far have not decoded the hidden massage yet. But then again. I am assuming that it's an unencrypted text file and I could be wrong there.

Last edited:
Did you create this image?

I see that the image is named "black-dot-only-1024x683.jpg". 1024 is a nice round number, but 683 is a bit odd (har!), so I'm guessing this image was manually created.

The bit depth is 24, so 3 bytes per pixel (if I understand correctly). If there was no compression, the file size should be 699,392 bytes (plus whatever header is needed to specify encoding). The fact that the file is only 162,696 bytes indicates that the jpg compression is a little better than 4-1.

I would have expected more compression for a file that only contains a single black dot. I brought the image up in an editor and tried to flood-fill the white - and saw that there are various shades of white in this image (because it wouldn't flood-fill the whole thing at once).

When I try to flood-fill the white, it also exposes some repeated horizontal patterns. The repetition is consistent down to the pixel. I'm really not sure what to make of those.

The black is mostly the same color, but there is some small variation. There's also some anti-aliasing if you zoom in.

So, now I think this wasn't created digitally. Did someone just draw a black circle on a piece of paper and scan it?

If the image was scanned horizontally, the repetitive motion of the scanner's rollers might explain the horizontal patterns. That would mean that a small desktop scanner was used (one that rolls the paper through, like a fax machine), not a large part-of-a-copy-machine scanner.

The image data says it's 96dpi which would put it at 10.7"x 7.1" - so I'm guessing the black dot was drawn on a sheet of 8.5"x11" and scanned in. The scanner didn't reach the margins, I'm guessing? It would make sense to feed it in longways, which is consistent with the paperfeed scanner idea.

Here's the copy where I tried to flood-fill with orange. You can see the patterns created:
View attachment 59609

My guess:
Someone drew a black circle on an 8.5"x11" sheet of white paper, fed it through a small scanner, and rotated the resulting image to a landscape perspective.
It's an image of a desert sunny day from a new Mario game.

Black is hot enough for lasers to attack it [ipl], thus, symbolic for a massive warmth ball, the sun.

May or may not be enough for Low Latent Inhibition to pick up on its features, especially for a first-time encounter. I would guess in order for someone to dig deeper into it, they would have to put it under more tests.

New Threads

Top Bottom