• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you like to draw/paint/something else?

^Thank you! Wooow, those are also amazing, i love intricate, detailed designs like this! Also has an art nouveau feel. I loved Alhambra's architecture too btw, ancient arabic architecture=amazing.

Yes, art nouveau (particularly Gaudi) was my first big artistic crush: followed by Beardsley, and medievalism in general, both European and Arabic/southern Mediterranean. :)
Have you ever seen any medieval Jewish manuscript illumination from the Caliphate of Córdoba?
Gorgeous workmanship, and features and ideas that you don’t see in gentile illumination until several centuries later.

^Yeah i love Gaudi as well, haven't been to Sagra da Familia since it was under renovation when i was there:( I love medievalism too.
I also haven't been to Cordoba, only Granada but i would love to go there too. (When i become a rich bank lawyer hopefully)

^ haha! I’ve only been to Barcelona: the rest I only know through photographs reproduced in books and tv documentaries.

Sagrada Familia is well worth a visit: I went round in February 2004, so there’s probably a lot more of it than when I went now!

Did you go to La Pedrera?
All the beautiful models in the attics...

^I am not sure if it was Casa Batllo or La Pedrera, but i remember visiting a Gaudi building, i wish i could go again too..

^ Yeah, me too.
I didn’t get to see the main floors of Casa Batllo due to renovation work: just the basement and the attic.
Did go to an excellent jazz bar near there though, “Cafe London” if I remember rightly.

Hi everyone,
I like colored pencils and graphite, I like to draw and my goal is to create my own stuff but currently I have to use a reference.
I am trying to improve my ability and I have been watching youtube videos to learn.
I just finished this drawing of grapes, I used a reference from an artist on youtube. I am not sure if I am allowed to link names on here message me if you want the info. I also just paid to see the artists patreon turorials. I hope that I can improve to maybe even sell my own original art.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_131441647.jpg
    IMG_20200409_131441647.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 130
^ That is seriously excellent. :)
Wonderful glossy shine, and just the right amount of shadow.
Can I eat them now please? :p

Nice! I like!
I recently found out I could draw when I saw a badass drawing online and tried to draw it. Mine is not as badass as the reference but it turned out pretty good. So I been drawing skulls in graphite. I attached my unfinished attempt at a flamenco dancer - it lacks the guesture, motion, & depth that is conveyed in your drawing. I admire how you evoke emotion!

A few people said they think I could sell my art, which sounds awesome if I could find a market. So I am branching out into color and trying to learn how to render stuff that there may be a market for.

Tbh I have no idea what kinda art is marketable or where said market can be found haha.

And I think I have developed an art supply habit. Every youtube video I see makes me want to see if I can render what I saw.

I saw Scott Robertson draw a motorcycle in perspective and ordered his How to Draw books. I cant wait to get them - I couldnt draw the motorcycle he drew as a reference.

Attachments

• 20190826_190413.jpg
    20190826_190413.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 124
I like to draw dark emotive art. It's cathartic.

View attachment 63154

Nice work, I like the interplay of mournfulness and eroticism: generates a very powerful sense of unease.

I might see if I can dig out one of two of my older, more overtly gothic, drawings... although your work is better executed and more sophisticated than my efforts in that direction were.

@ 1Legolover: love the concept, the contradictory juxtaposition of vitality & mortality, and the skull and fabric are gorgeously rendered. Have you ever taken life-drawing classes?

I haven't taken life-drawing classes, I'm going to search those words for sure now :D
I have been watching art videos on youtube trying to learn by drawing by trying to duplicate what I see. Its a big help to watch how its done, however the video that was the reference for the grapes was just a small fraction of a longer video of the drawing start to finish. I got access thru patreon and the grapes look so much better than the attempt made from the free youtube video.

The flamenco drawing is my first attempt at creating my own original art, I struggled stopped working on it out of frustration, and because I honestly felt no confidence about my concept. The experience is the reason I decided to try to learn from youtube.

Reading your feedback - literally as I was reading your words, the feeling I felt, I physically felt the air literally returning and filling my empty lungs. I didnt even know I been walking around with them feeling empty. I appreciate your kind words, and I am a literal concrete thinker so I am feeling some kinda way since logically my lungs at no point have been vacuum sealed flat devoid of air :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

I feel that spark of confidence to create the complete concept that was in my head. She is a one of 3 dead, the overall theme energy beauty they generate as they arent aware of the futility of the fight. The scene in my head their determination is palatably alive.
On paper its flat and lifeless.
i need to funnel the feeling from my lungs and to as I draw.
I will definately come back to show you when its finished, just got back today hopefully be back and not 8 months. :tonguewink:

^ Wow.

Rather humbled by the effect my words have had!

I had mandatory life-drawing as part of both A Level Art (age 17-19), and Foundation Year at an art college (age 19-20): a lot of it was outside my comfort zone, having to draw from life someone as they walked across a table using poster paint and my finger was quite frustrating, and drawing naked people who were sat less than 8ft from me was pretty weird tbh.
But, but :))) it was an invaluable experience being guided and instructed through the process of rendering the diversity of human forms in multiple different media... and learning there are different ways to perceive form and shape, and the possibility of beauty in all of them (even the flabby middle aged guy with his ball sac hanging over his leg :p)... I strongly recommend, frustration and weirdness notwithstanding :D

And here's another painting of the Goblin Queen close-up. She has such a deliciously evil grin, as if she's in love with her own wickedness.:smilingimp:
Scan_20200810 (3).png

New Threads

Top Bottom