• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you like to draw/paint/something else?

Older, barbarians, dinosaurs, pulp adventure covers [e.g. Tarzan, Doc Savage].
Newer (IMHX), including more witchcraft, demons, anti-Biblical imagery (below).

(He may have even newer stuff that goes back to his older subject style, but I haven't looked in a while.)

theprotest.jpg

I'm really getting into drawing comics. People only read for the artwork, since my handwriting is hideous.:sweatsmile: Mostly surreal stuff with either humans or aliens.

Lately have been enjoying doing a little work again in the abstract, using a very simple ipad fingerpainting app. Sometimes it is from synesthesia, sometimes just a flow of forms and colors.
Layers.jpg
mini maze.png

I love doing little sketches/doodles and fan comics of my favorite anime and video game characters. My current art style can probably best be described as a mix of "cartoonish" and "chibi".

I tend to draw animals more than anything else when I do get around to drawing because I used to draw them a lot when I was drawing every day as a young girl.

I do know how to break a subject down into a frame so I can attempt to draw anything (at least with characters anyway). My drawing skills are extremely neglected nowadays; like over 15 years neglected because life priorities got in the way. It has surprised me how much I still remember on the odd time I do doodle.

I'm now trying to learn how to use a modern art tablet when I get time.

I hear backgrounds are easier than most things to draw but I lack the confidence. My anatomy understanding needs a lot of work. Building design plans fascinate me but I can only manage a basic layouts from what I remember trying to draw. I would like to understand comic page layout flow better than I do currently.

Life keeps me busy but I'll get around to educating myself about these things eventually.

I like watching Bob Ross painting. He makes me feel like I'd like to try learning how to paint at some point. :)

I like painting animals, humans, the natural landscape and man made landscape in different scenarios. Some real life jumbles or sometimes decontextualize by inprobable or impossible selections stimulating a fresh take on what is.

I like drawing cartoon characters, at an Art night last week I did a good drawing of the Simpsons, then again, as mad as it sounds I do kind of fancy Marge.

Many years ago my late Nan bought me a video of Rolf Harris teaching you how to draw cartoons, from stick figures right up to proper characters.

Personally, I like to draw eyes. Especially on places where they don't belong/on shapes that look like eyes but aren't eyes. (For example, I'll draw a flower and on the petals there will be eyes and on its leaves as well).

I also like to draw things as if they as split in half (so if the flower is in a flower pot, you can see inside the pot as well as the outside of it).

Sometimes I'll draw people's faces in an abstract style and certain body parts will be sections of a landscape (so their hair is also grass and a hair clip might also serve as a fence). I'm a fan of optical illusions, particularly negative space ones, and now and then I'll make those.

However, recently I'd been working on improving my technical drawing ability. I'm good at drawing abstract and cartoons, but I want to improve my ability to draw more realistically.

Perhaps then I can start combining the two styles more and create something different. :)

Last edited:
Last week I bought a wooden cut-out in the shape of a mermaid. With Halloween not being that far off I decided to paint it to look a bit more spooky. It also glows in the dark.:)
20190904_161455.jpg

I can't draw anything that is living, once was living, or might as well be living. I can draw cars, houses, buildings, tools, parts, pretty much anything like that.

Last night I watched "Twisted Sister" from the original Powerpuff Girls cartoon. It was a ReAnimate project, where over 100 animators reanimated the episode. The animation style would change every few seconds and it would often be hilarious. Anyway, it inspired me to draw this picture:
Scan2020-01-25_123054 ppg bunny.jpg

Last night I watched "Twisted Sister" from the original Powerpuff Girls cartoon. It was a ReAnimate project, where over 100 animators reanimated the episode. The animation style would change every few seconds and it would often be hilarious. Anyway, it inspired me to draw this picture: View attachment 59893
That looks so hilarious! I have to re watch that series, there are still some episodes I haven't seen, but I remember my favorite is the one with the alien broccoli.

I like to try to draw animals and plants that I find. It kind of helps me remember the parts of them better, and I like labeling things in the drawing to see if I recognize parts of their anatomy from other organisms.

I like drawing zentangles (in fact, I just made a thread about it a while ago), knit hats and scarves, make things out of Perler beads, and paint pictures of trees and flowers.

When I was in school I’d draw dragon heads peeking into the sides of my notebook, complete with scales. I used to attempt full dragons on occasion, but I was never very good at matching proportions.

Really, I think I just drew whatever I liked at the time. I decided at one point that I was going to draw every Gen 1 Pokémon in Pokédex order, but I never got past the three original starters. I also liked to draw Cenobites from the Hellraiser series, though for that I typically did ones I’d come up with myself.

I wish I could still enjoy drawing, but when I first started getting into it I was on a medication that helped control my tremor, but I had to stop taking it after a while because it was making my blood pressure drop too low, and since then I just get frustrated by how hard I have to work just to get something that still looked shaky. I never was any good at it and only did it for fun anyway, so when it stopped being fun, I stopped doing it.

I used to love drawing portraits when i was taking art classes. I mostly drew objects since drawing from imagination is hard for me.
IMG_20200712_153310.jpg
IMG_20200712_153247.jpg

^ Excellent work April, you’ve really got the translucency and solidity in the top pair to a T. :)

Here’s some of mine:
qAYZXHGdu1U_zvM7HrUhcBHHCN4azVJDh8Y15zZqtgtMACqXMevyoXmJlh7bWPSnzBa_bbqAPC6UCmbCOzBvK3WPNDjMu__4dwUGQ5uprZsclZQM3An_WHQXaxNKxof5WVFdNvbNg5G4IsAmdHuslSeP-wc8xsBxMOX7xSwXvK3R85mUmNxVUoGKK6YVwiHIS5mrW7jvJ5Ra__NnIR9vQQpB8Jc6_rrv0E0IEkh5dn1NSya73xf1ujpVYIoNH6EPuYjlkLhtGiAvUhjVhg7tfeNpANM95BSwLmubO0LdkaX4lYcywwJynE2T2DvJvrxV0B3l72UB1qpsJBZSo5bHyhGY11qKYRd3JZvYEImh0wpHeepHF_jHp6P1ers6d2hg-iq7qKwqcNK7_66KYPxn82xmDk4cOeVoSn9YoUoBdLbTClf5Av3G-E2EhKyHZrPsmYPM4ToOB3tErYyIy4gceh5masxj6wrnRz9t7r2PCxu5eX3Ok-s6Z6ZXUTwZtZtvV9g9ac6CHrczb_sOLnns2R20AKSf_YTFIItRMB79IDNNHicfLPy-0A6q2tX1VWw_wvqQSTn9nsEMdYZvhT97r3UrzqeltfhtBT8TTdq3NlHAGZZTZCx_oZdAkqrvbO1lSE61-juImHK-tO5bA1XdbxQkDxAoEKSxrd8YL-XfIpABo1EW5NB8ODOYb1q6BA=w640-h480-no

Mother’s Day card: geometrically abstracted rose (work in progress)
uZodaSbxnCGkiionJnqj1Fl_K9Afsq5StfpCjDX_3VZNzlJq6wVU2gD25GUKMvevjXHw6SufeJusDe2L4ChJT9xLSfab_Abv3SoVTi-bmsPiBMZ_BknTx5YyVVqdbygt9dUxDWhvcwX_lOmHNDJl5uO-glieIm3qfw2LCM0LWuKtT_FLN-awyBTlOG0PfDvF8eAopVUk2qaadTOg440z_QnuOIxjSKzZsGFWpAW2uTl5i6x448-smSUbZ6MlmTgHjCTCeuM91PuKCd4HLG_jrLbBufdEVpUivga8zTQlia6T_4E3QyULygkvIEdvgp-3lJyKClylGpajjkQgaiS6eJSnBTY4SGamRjQc6Yd63NbTYC32IKWWyy5rIICo7RtrUuriQpXFndvpmKxOHXDMhCStyFcD3v6B8XJiUF0Ai-4ZGJDl3S94xDywsG4grClxCXt93ElCFzoX6QF4vvhehuLwnscmgMdEOwjGQxFm4HHcF3Dxs7ampZ7fsfRMGe6a9bLYH9fTTCH-zxeH2GByn4HKY3lX0KP07BRj10f0fAX-ywQvZgJYyo0baNAANp5XD4wnJgaHXunv_7gfecLMY7A3aEmDpZb7PlGYCz_xTQOoyp0IcCEdrO6znlT-QbC9ybKnvRdN_R2b2WtdMB-ZjurVVHwZ6ZSDD2QPl72cE5lmGc8lv9-JeXhf_kbpVQ=w640-h480-no

Anniversary Card for Mrs K: Butterfly full of hearts (again, work in progress)
fFHtnT8f5_yOD39FTCF8cB6wm_IWDTPfVwbaUB87gJ1W9kE04nIeZf5P9KKScq6X6WEdqN_JEmmRNPPI2Hj0b-un6C8PaFnh4XYKLYTwnOCm1rFyBoPvg-nA7tJRaHuUzwWuXHZudp5DUEEUr2jt1Ed_ljc__9en7LXZJF5HkvZQ31Eg-cKwJ_OiXGzEuNIZRD_4Z5oeK5clfdxsb4lihvNo2ZOuC-h-KEPSD5nMvw_4FBuyIBKRpcEgYpMoWq7O3mT7dMf12S5yhlCPsR2-a0K6pJ0aTGTmAhXNf0ybDcU-kRnYimQ1046XRrrOe_6b-591TJxmG-3WBfWo8QEGobOh5B-ciz9fbshFBrhgwLyMggjwHHLBlhqLbNw9G1b5HehTZDUbRlwU5W6U1ScFMuW2Rz0Ylns74N52K_QpzleNASfW0kfyQHLcN4qR-85sDnjTF63BK5NQ80jvqvps5zX0J6X1kvRzMrpcHwhIIvqh-IsU-WNOZjKVSUejM-PTfQgAy0fO-fLqADncZVetrUZlgaBJw4mbP0Y_F5Z1NoBoh8XJBv8jhEGLT4KAabr8MY3CGqkGhRDivDL1utwWyREcqbOkQGrzK4WHswKsXc_DclulJr_F1JO09zzwWjRBkpo97cW_T7yhQktjfLz-nyHruejHQ0eaLg0uXsH4g9aHyxTm6unHYNB_-0Gpdw=w640-h854-no

Completed piece from several years ago: Arabesque No 5.
(Copied and embellished from a detail at the Alhambra)

^Thank you! Wooow, those are also amazing, i love intricate, detailed designs like this! Also has an art nouveau feel. I loved Alhambra's architecture too btw, ancient arabic architecture=amazing.

New Threads

Top Bottom