• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do men want, for valentine's day?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Attempting to think of something my husband (who's an aspie) might want. That I can buy or make. We'll probably go out somewhere for dinner. So any suggestions?

He's begun to play guitar again:D
He likes homemade desserts:)
He reads on his tablet, so no actual paper books anymore.
He likes electronics. Gizmo's of any kind.
He doesn't like new music, and he owns everything else he likes.
No to flowers or chocolate or jewellery.

He's recently survived two serious health crises and is about 90% recovered. We need to celebrate. Any ideas?

Under the circumstances it would seem that just being there for him may be the best gift you can possibly give him. A warm fire in the fireplace on a brutally cold night...some quiet time spent together....nice.

A home baked cake sounds like a nice idea. I always love it when my wife bakes one of my favourites :)

How about a drone? I don't know how much they cost but I'm thinking of getting one for my husband so he can scout our land from home. Plus, I'd like to play with it.:D

I'll make him a chocolate cake and one of his favorite meals for Valentines Day.

How about a drone? I don't know how much they cost but I'm thinking of getting one for my husband so he can scout our land from home. Plus, I'd like to play with it.:D

I'll make him a chocolate cake and one of his favorite meals for Valentines Day.

Depends on the budget. Good quality drones are in the hundreds to thousands of £/$ range, though they can be a lot cheaper if bought as a self assembly kit.

Soft and comfy throw blanket for TV? Soft and comfy anything? Oh, wait... that's what I want. :) But does he like soft and comfy? Stim toys? Is he autistic? A massage therapist? Some movie that he wants to see? Bowling? pool? Is he NT? Shooting range? Gun? Crossbow and arrows? Just some thoughts? I want all of that so anyone is welcome to send it. :);):cool:

Depends on the budget. Good quality drones are in the hundreds to thousands of £/$ range, though they can be a lot cheaper if bought as a self assembly kit.

Well, hubby just resigned his job as a hospital physician yesterday so he is now officially retired. He's already bugging me, following me around like a puppy dog while I do my stuff so I'll check out self assembly kits for him. It's gonna take some adjustment for both of us to be retired and together all the time. Hate to say it, but I love my independence and solitude. However, of all the people in the world, he is the best one for me to live with.

Well, hubby just resigned his job as a hospital physician yesterday so he is now officially retired. He's already bugging me, following me around like a puppy dog while I do my stuff so I'll check out self assembly kits for him. It's gonna take some adjustment for both of us to be retired and together all the time. Hate to say it, but I love my independence and solitude. However, of all the people in the world, he is the best one for me to live with.

How true. Retirement does have a learning curve for most anyone gainfully employed over the years.

Though ultimately it is its own reward. :)

My older brother is still having to adjust to it all, though I think he'll find a new rhythm to get into eventually.

Last edited:
Soft and comfy throw blanket for TV? Soft and comfy anything?

Actually the blanket sounds like a great idea, and yes he is autistic. He has a weighted blanket when sleeping, but something warm and comfy would be ideal when he's watching movies. Thank you for those ideas Ginseng.

Actually the blanket sounds like a great idea, and yes he is autistic. He has a weighted blanket when sleeping, but something warm and comfy would be ideal when he's watching movies. Thank you for those ideas Ginseng.

Warm blanket, fire in the fireplace....the rest you can improvise.

Valentines was never really a big thing in my experience but the man was expected to remember it and at least give some gift to the woman. Going out to dinner was also common. So as a man I would not have expected/needed any gift. If I had managed to just remember it myself and had something for my wife I was quite satisfied.

One time I was in a drug store and saw the Valentines Day decorations and 'Remember the 14th' signs, etc. I checked quickly and saw it was the 14th, and was so relieved to have not missed it and brought a gift home proudly. My wife said 'Thankyou very much... but Valentines is the 14th of Febuary, not January.'

There’s a video service called Curiosity Stream that has science shows. I don’t think it costs too much per month and it would keep his science/medical mind entertained while giving you quiet time.
So my suggestion is a year subscription to Curiosity Stream.

We don't usually celebrate valentine's day, but when we do, I usually just offer my boyfriend meat. A good steak, or cured meat. Food anyway, but that's most often what I give him as a gift.

My wife and I will probably buy each other something for our Jeeps. Mine is easy, something mechanical and I will install it. Hers is not as easy. She wants something to improve the looks of her Jeep. That is like buying her jewelry. What am I supposed to buy for a pink Jeep that is named "Floyd"?

She wants something to improve the looks of her Jeep. That is like buying her jewelry. What am I supposed to buy for a pink Jeep that is named "Floyd"?

I have some suggestions, as I owned a jeep before my current car. Seat covers? Steering wheel cover for winter? Pink fuzzy dice? Seat belt sliders (don't know what they are called) they attach to the seat belt with velcro, and for women keep the seat belt in place without the belt sliding up on your neck.
Also there are some cloth box like containers that you can buy to organize things in the back. Recently bought a good combo ice scraper and brush that's long enough for me to clean the windshield without much effort.

New Threads

Top Bottom