• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do I do??

Was that after going to the police? Of course, that had to be upsetting. But think about it. You were able to advocate for yourself when somebody committed violence against you. You are the strong one.

Dealing with something like what you just dealt with, the police report, all that, plus the matter of the unknown--that's always going to be a great stress. Cry if you must. People do that to handle stress.

The trouble with harming yourself is that you don't need any more people hurting you right now--Not even yourself.

If you are overwhelmed & alive then that's a sign that you are stronger than you thought--but not everyone wants to be strong necessarily. Most people just want to be certain that everything will be OK.

You did a good thing by reporting this. A lot of girls and women never do and that's only enabling the abusers.

And it is not your fault.

Congratulations on going & speaking.

You need time to heal, too, because PTSD does clear up if it's given enough time. I don't know if I have anything real helpful to say. Anyway. Good on you for getting it off your chest & going to the cops. And you take care of yourself for now. If you have to roll yourself up in a quilt & be sad burrito for awhile do that until the feeling to hurt yourself passes. Give yourself a chance and several months & hopefully you'll be feeling much, much better. In the meantime of course you have a whole forum of people pulling for you.

I know it sounds difficult and things feel hopeless, but you need to rest. I think you are worn out and that makes everything feel worse. Are you able to lay down and just do nothing for a little while?
I'm walking home

I did it, but urges to self harm.
I'm glad you did it. You're strong and brave. This was very upsetting and emotionally draining, you probably had to reexperience the memory, resulting in negative thoughts. Try to distract yourself with activities you enjoy and stay with someone you trust if possible.

Get yourself home safely and take some time to process everything and take care of yourself. You did a really brave thing and you should be proud.

Sometimes when you talk about your abuse, negative thoughts and memories come up. You are stronger than these thoughts.

Do some self-care. Take a hot bath or shower, drink something warm, hug your dogs, do some drawing or coloring, maybe take a nap. It won’t magically erase what happened but it’s good to care for yourself. Try to do a few small things a day that help you feel better in the moment, and eventually things will start to improve and feel less stressful.

As I’ve said before, I’m here if you need to talk. I’ve been through similar things which is obviously unfortunate but I do have a perspective on it.
You have a bunch of friends on here who want you to be safe and well. Keep us updated on how things are going.
- Luca

remember keep getting it out ,record it on your phone, record it on your computer ,write it on paper ,talk to somebody on this forum ,talk on a suicide prevention line ,but get it out,illustrate it in a picture, email somebody, touch something, smell something ,feel something ,read something ,eat something, drink non-alcoholic ,non caffeinated drinks, watch comedy ,you are not expected to laugh like a robot ,it just has an effect on you!, this is a quote from the old testament old king James version, a merry (happy) heart doeth good like a medicine.

Well done for taking this step. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been. Now, you need to focus on yourself and I hope that you can get access to some support ; which you Should be offered after reporting. You did a really brave thing today, and should be proud that did this.

Take care and remember that none of us truly walks alone - there will be many in spirit willing to lend support

Do you live alone or do you have someone with you? Remember that you have done the difficult part today. You did the most difficult part, it`s done. That`s a reason to be happy.
I'm a idiot now arguing with my friend and I'm a idiot

Self harmed hate my life

I self harm a lot. I know that I shouldn’t do it. When I do this, it brings a small slither of relief from venting but overall, I feel extremely guilty about it and it is more distressing to realize that there’s a slip. However, I make sure to aftercare and use a first aid kit to take care of myself as I fear judgment, then I take a period of time to get myself back together. Although having cats help with that recovery.

You’re not an idiot. Your friend is not helping you if they’re causing you more stress and upset. I repeat, you’re not an idiot. But if you’re not bleeding too heavily, first aid yourself is a priority anyway otherwise you could develop infections and that prevents healing. If your bleeding heavily, get yourself to A&E.

Today, I am going to report my rape to the police, but I'm not sure how to. Do I call 101 then wait? I'm scared .
I feel like no-one else listen to me, the clothes I wore I kept, I took pics of cuts and bruises he gave me
Hiya,
Seeing police at 3pm so scared

@Roxiee !! I am so proud of you!! You go girl!!

Wow, I'm so sorry I miss judged you. I thought you were a vulnerable, submissive little girl. Now it is clear that instead, you are the stuff of HEROES! A hero is someone that does what is right even in the face of terrible fear. So, don't deny it. Real heroes never believe they are a hero. They just do great things that help other people.

Reporting your rape to the police is being a hero to the rapist's next victim.
You are also a hero to me. Your bravery has inspired me to press through some very difficult issues of my own with a new sense of determination. Thank You!!

You thought you were useless - NOT! You really do have the stuff!

@Roxiee !! I am so proud of you!! You go girl!!

Wow, I'm so sorry I miss judged you. I thought you were a vulnerable, submissive little girl. Now it is clear that instead, you are the stuff of HEROES! A hero is someone that does what is right even in the face of terrible fear. So, don't deny it. Real heroes never believe they are a hero. They just do great things that help other people.

Reporting your rape to the police is being a hero to the rapist's next victim.
You are also a hero to me. Your bravery has inspired me to press through some very difficult issues of my own with a new sense of determination. Thank You!!

You thought you were useless - NOT! You really do have the stuff!
Awww! Thank you

I'm just wanna die I'm so upset
You have every right to be upset. But, please do not contemplate nonexistence.

You have suffered trauma and please take care of yourself to process that it is never your fault and avoid PTSD. i have been suffering with cPTSD stemming from the pain of social isolation and making progress as I reprogram my inner dialogue with positive messages of persevering to change despite my ASD, to transcend such deep loneliness. Now, you need to remind yourself of your inner strength and how much of a worthwhile person you are. Your attacker wanted to steal that worth through hateful violence.

Please do not succumb to negative thoughts of yourself. Please. @Roxiee, you are strong, and you will heal.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom